Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15,500 Season Tickets at Falmer

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I do understand some people's concern about not being able to get a ticket but seriously what is the alternative? All the "long serving fans" have a seat reserved in case they are available?

10,000 on general sale and everyone queues each weeks, until we get bored and the stadium is half empty?

Surely there has to be a system and the system is always going to be the one that can raise the most revenue.

If Albion were really commercially orientated they'd sell the 15,500 and then put the remaining 3,000 on auction and sell them ebay style, would raise thousands for the first few and cup games! (No I'm NOT suggesting that just saying that could be an solution!)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The Argus says we have sold 8500 so far.......is that not including 3000 1901's??? so we have 11500 seats sold so far???

Keep hearing different things so don't think any one knows for sure.

The average taking into account all the reports seems to be 7k ST and then 2.5 1901 going into the general sale

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I'm sure in answer to one the ATC questions, Insider said that the club would be revealing the total ST sales so far, after the ST Priority period had finished (which is today isn't it?). So if I'm right we should know the running total tomorrow or early part of next week.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
So if there are 'Corporate' STs - are the 2,500 Corporate on top of the 15,500, or 12,500 'normal' ST plus 2,500 Corp?

This! I thought they were part of the 15500 meaning that 3k becomes 5.5k

Throw in good sales of perhaps 14k of the 15.5 and it gives you 7k available every game. More than enough. I reckon we'll sell about half of those giving about 19-20k attendances for regular games but sell out big ones. If in Championship we could well have alot of popular games and I'd expect more away fans from some teams than the 2.5k purely to see the new stadium, new day out, plus good football.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
This! I thought they were part of the 15500 meaning that 3k becomes 5.5k

Throw in good sales of perhaps 14k of the 15.5 and it gives you 7k available every game. More than enough. I reckon we'll sell about half of those giving about 19-20k attendances for regular games but sell out big ones. If in Championship we could well have alot of popular games and I'd expect more away fans from some teams than the 2.5k purely to see the new stadium, new day out, plus good football.

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but I thought it was more like this:

15,000 ST,
3,000 1901
2,500 away
2,000 general sale

I could be wrong though!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I note the claims that those who had ST`s for some years should have first claim at Falmer. On the face of it it seems fair, but think about it, there were supporters for many years who when the previous chairman was unable to find the cash to save us from being relegated from the Championship and would not step down to allow new money to be invested,decided to stop attending matches,if more had backed that option we would not have waited so long before a new man was installed as top man.Those who they thought were backing the club were responsible for us almost being relegated to Div2.
I have been allocated a seat at Falmer so am not biased but do not owe any thanks to those who were responsible for me missing several years of watching my team at Withdean.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I note the claims that those who had ST`s for some years should have first claim at Falmer. On the face of it it seems fair, but think about it, there were supporters for many years who when the previous chairman was unable to find the cash to save us from being relegated from the Championship and would not step down to allow new money to be invested,decided to stop attending matches,if more had backed that option we would not have waited so long before a new man was installed as top man.Those who they thought were backing the club were responsible for us almost being relegated to Div2.
I have been allocated a seat at Falmer so am not biased but do not owe any thanks to those who were responsible for me missing several years of watching my team at Withdean.

Sorry WW, I have read that a few times to try and get your point.

You agree that long term STH's should have preference. Yep agree.

You then go on to suggest, and correct me if I'm wrong, that we would not have waited for so long if it wasn't for Dick Knight?

Would another man in charge have speeded up the building of Falmer? (ie Planning permission)

Everyone who has been on the Albion database has been invited to buy a season ticket.

You have a Season Ticket yourself, so I'm not sure what your point is?

Sorry if I've missed the point!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
7,500 had definately been sold as of 7pm Wednesday, throw in another say 500 since then, and the 2,500 1901, and you have yourself 10,500 already. Excellent so far I reckon.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Sorry WW, I have read that a few times to try and get your point.

You agree that long term STH's should have preference. Yep agree.

You then go on to suggest, and correct me if I'm wrong, that we would not have waited for so long if it wasn't for Dick Knight?

Would another man in charge have speeded up the building of Falmer? (ie Planning permission)

Everyone who has been on the Albion database has been invited to buy a season ticket.

You have a Season Ticket yourself, so I'm not sure what your point is?

Sorry if I've missed the point!

No, he's definitely said he 'does not owe any thanks to Dick Knight' primarily because he couldn't keep us in the Champ..although he did for one year..

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, he's definitely said he 'does not owe any thanks to Dick Knight' primarily because he couldn't keep us in the Champ..although he did for one year..

That's what I thought Rowdey. Thanks for clarifying. Just thought I'd give WW a chance to dissect his ramblings.

I'm sure Dick and co will be contacting WW to allay his concerns!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
To add to that statment, it is very unfair. We were losing bags of cash anyway and there was no guarantee that we would be able to survive. Interesting that Sheff Wed were our main rivals in those days. Where are they now..?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Blackadder
I note you could not get the point of my earlier posting, to assist you i will break it down.
1. There is an opinion that those who purchased ST`s over the past seasons should be first in the queue for a season at Falmer.
2. An alternate opinion is that by attending Withdean after we were relegated from the Championship you were supporting a Chairman who following the delay in planning could no longer provide the cash to build a team who could gain promotion, yet would not stand down to make way for someone who could, in fact we were almost relegated to Division 2 before the necessary change was made
3. The fact that I have obtained a Falmer ST indicates that I am not complaining that I might not get a ST but supporting others who have not been ST holders over recent years.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Surely Tony Bloom has not produced £100M + from thin air. We presumably did have money floating about, but it is about spending it wisely. Losing money every season and there is no obvious answer to preventing relegation. Throwing money at the problem hasn't worked out for a lot of clubs. Besides which, I seem to remember that our relegation rivals (in both seasons) had infinitely higher budgets. It is not cut and dry - throw money at some signings when there is no guarantee that they will solve the problem!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blackadder
I note you could not get the point of my earlier posting, to assist you i will break it down.
1. There is an opinion that those who purchased ST`s over the past seasons should be first in the queue for a season at Falmer.
2. An alternate opinion is that by attending Withdean after we were relegated from the Championship you were supporting a Chairman who following the delay in planning could no longer provide the cash to build a team who could gain promotion, yet would not stand down to make way for someone who could, in fact we were almost relegated to Division 2 before the necessary change was made
3. The fact that I have obtained a Falmer ST indicates that I am not complaining that I might not get a ST but supporting others who have not been ST holders over recent years.

Thanks for the ASSISTANCE,

I am a point 1 Man then.

Your alternative point still doesn't make sense. Surely by attending Withdean after relegation we were supporting our club! If we had all boycotted withdean there would be no club left to support! How would it have worked?

Over to you............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here