Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15,500 Season Tickets at Falmer

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Than give to someone I don't know - yes. It's not difficult to buy a ticket from the club now is it?

I don't give it to people I don't know. I give it to people who's first team isn't the Albion but whom could be converted.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i'm guessing people who feel pretty confident we'll fill falmer are old enough to remember how things used to be when we had the goldstone, and those who worry about empty seats have only experienced things post-goldstone. apologies if this is not the case.

the problem will be getting hold of tickets... it certainly won't be a lack of people in the ground in my opinion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i'm guessing people who feel pretty confident we'll fill falmer are old enough to remember how things used to be when we had the goldstone, and those who worry about empty seats have only experienced things post-goldstone. apologies if this is not the case.

the problem will be getting hold of tickets... it certainly won't be a lack of people in the ground in my opinion.

What about people who remember the Goldstone very well indeed, and can picture it with 6,000 people rattling round in it?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I hope you're right, but I experienced the last 6 years at the Goldstone and only saw it packed for the Leicester cup match, the man united cup match and the jimmy case testimonial (for which we were locked outside).

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
What about people who remember the Goldstone very well indeed, and can picture it with 6,000 people rattling round in it?

or even less... zenith data (think it was called that then) fixtures with less than 3,000 there.

i guess we'll soon see how just popular falmer seats are when the first batch of season tickets go on sale in the autumn. i still think we'll easily sell 15,000 STs plus 5,000 individual tickets for pretty much every home game.

Dandyman

In London village.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I haven't had a season ticket since the Goldstone. In the last half dozen years have probably been to 10-15 home games a season incuding the cup and a handful away. HAd already decided to buy a season ticket at Falmer and TRHK Jr is also keen.

I hate Withdean and had other commitments on Saturdays so never felt that I could commit to every game. Now we have a number of things that have come together to make a season ticket a more realistic proposition: obviously a great new stadium (it matters and it makes a difference to people), we have a roof, we have a new chairman and manager who seem to want the same thing and we have hope for the first time in ages. This is why ex-fans, supporters of other clubs and lapsed season ticket holders are talking about coming back. In T Wells there is a large and growing excitement about Falmer (and all it stands for) amongst people who consider themselves West Ham or Arsenal or Spurs fans but who don't go to those games regularly. they have the possibility of watching live (Saturday) football in a great facility, played by a flair team on their doorstep - and they are chomping at the bit.

If Bloom can stump up the cash and Gus can get the team playing the way we know he can - in a 21st C stadium to rival any in the Premier League then I can quite see how we'll get huge numbers of season ticket sales. The area has been starved of this for over a decade (and frankly The Goldstone turned a lot of people off way before we left).

If we get this right - and take the opportunity presented to us - we could have a big and solid fan base at Falmer for years to come.

Well said! Excellent post. :clap:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Im sure you'll get loads cause the Withdeans abit.. well yeah, but your away support is quality :smile: Butttt i cant see you selling 15500. Saints sell about 12000 season tickets which i imagine is similar to what you will sell because we usually have exelent home support, which i think you will have when falmer comes. but i think if you go up to the championship, which isn't that unlikely, then you will sell nearer that target. if not i think the 12000 mark is a bit more realistic :smile: :falmer:

You might well be right Saint Harold, but I suspect (especially after reading a number of posts on the subject here), that we will have a significant 2nd team STH supporter base i.e Londoners (and Sussex b&bred fans of London teams) ... moreso than in Southampton, perhaps.

I used to live in Soton for three years (Uni) and don't recall then that there were such numbers of Londoners as reside in Brighton & Hove, for example.

In reality it's all speculative at the mo' but I suspect we'd fill (or nearly fill) the 15,500 allocation for STHs for the first season at Falmer, regardless of division...assuming our on-pitch fortunes are still perceived as being 'half-decent' and especially if Senor Poyet still rules the dugout.

Last edited:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
P.S The other factor compared with you guys at St.Mary's is the new / wow factor of our stadium just opening.

Regardless of quality of venue, the novelty factor that has naturally worn off at St.Mary's compared with our brand new home circa 2011 will be a telling difference.

King Kong

Feb 24, 2010
How many season tickets were there at the Goldstone and first season Withdean? I was one of them, couldn't stand it though but I will be returning at Falmer. I know so many people that are the same, but 15000 is a huge number for almost any club. (does that make me abad fan?

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Don't worry Sheebo, thats the whole point of Seagulls Over Burwash, we can as a group help each other out with tickets.:thumbsup:

I'm going to bring this up at the next meeting

Just read the article on the Argus website about fans not being priced out at Falmer and saw that there will be 15,500 season tickets available at Falmer. I take it the away tickets are about 2,500 plus the corporate seats are about 2,500 so if we were to sell all 15,500 season tickets there would only be approx 3000 tickets available for each home game?! I'm not exactly dissing this as if we can sell out every game that's brilliant BUT I would say i'm worried about getting tickets easily (esp for the 1st game at Falmer) if there's so few on general sale. I don't want to start a 'i'm a better fan than you' thread but it would be slightly unfair on fans like myslef who don't get season tickets because of other commitments like working / playing football / or financial reasons to not be able to get a ticket for that 1st game - especially for those that have endured Withdean for 10 years and gone to many away games... Just a thought but in a way i'm shitting it I won't get a ticket for that first game!!!

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
When I went on the 1901 tour I'm pretty sure he said they would only keep 1500 for general sale. The rest being made up of season tickets , 1901 and corporates and away fans

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
When I went on the 1901 tour I'm pretty sure he said they would only keep 1500 for general sale. The rest being made up of season tickets , 1901 and corporates and away fans

That's what I was told as well. The reason given was that 1500 would be available to the away club to make their allocation up to a maximum of 15% in a sell out cup tie. The 1500 tickets would only be available in the East (South) section.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Because that type of statistic wouldn't tempt anyone to go for the 1901 would it.???

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i know 14 people who are getting a season ticket at Falmer but hardly ever set foot in Withdean.

That was in essence what my first ever post here was about. Prawn Sarnie fans and all that. Making me sad that I wont get to many games either if we sell so much sts..

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
That was in essence what my first ever post here was about. Prawn Sarnie fans and all that. Making me sad that I wont get to many games either if we sell so much sts..

Why would that automatically make them "prawn sarnie fans". Why could they not have been fans who found Withdean a souless place that left them disillusioned with the whole experience, or found £25 a lot of money to spend to get soaking wet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here