Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15,500 Season Tickets at Falmer

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
So if there are 'Corporate' STs - are the 2,500 Corporate on top of the 15,500, or 12,500 'normal' ST plus 2,500 Corp?

Just read the piece on the Argus site.

My reading of that is there will be about 13,250 'normal' STs at Falmer PLUS 2,250 Corporate - therefore 15,500 ST IN TOTAL

Add on the 2,500 away fans and that leaves about 4,500 tickets available on a match by match basis.

In the first season I was contemplating NOT getting a ST, but buying match by match to see where I liked sitting.

Might have to rethink.

Honeymoon

Always going to happen and not just in the corporate bit. Just look at an Arsenal home game in the Champions League. Loads of empty spaces.

Can't see the problem myself with there only being 3k seats available per game if it's means we sell 15k season tickets. If people can't afford a season ticket then they'll just need to be a bit more organised about getting tickets. Can't see how it is any different to any other popular event.

Also the club have already said about it being a smart card type entry system so I'm sure they'll put in ticket exchange schemes like several clubs have where they simply turn the ticket off for the season ticket and then allocate it to another card for the one game.

PROB WITH CORP IS NO NEW FANS CAN USE THE CORP PACKAGE BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL SOLD,IF YOU FANCY DOING THE CORP DAY FOR BIRTHDAY OR OTHER OCCASION THEY WONT HAVE ANY FOR SALE!:falmer:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
If we do sell 15,500 STs at Falmer then I would be delighted, and would say a big 'Well Done' to the club, as it means the prices were competitive.

However that means we would be selling 4 times the number of STs we have the moment. Can't see that TBH.

I reckon we will sell 13k season tickets in our first season at Falmer.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i know 14 people who are getting a season ticket at Falmer but hardly ever set foot in Withdean.

i'd say you know 14 people that *say* they will get a season ticket at falmer. easy to say year in advance, but how many will put up the £400 when the time comes? and rearrange their Saturdays to accomodate football every other weekend.

i agree with whoever said they'll be surprised we sell 10k season tickets the first year, plenty of people will be happy to attend a few games a year. also dont have much worry about getting tickets for first game, as being summer its always lower attendances. and i have a stub from last game at Goldstone which will of course grant me automatic entry to the Beige Home Members scheme.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Just read the article on the Argus website about fans not being priced out at Falmer and saw that there will be 15,500 season tickets available at Falmer. I take it the away tickets are about 2,500 plus the corporate seats are about 2,500 so if we were to sell all 15,500 season tickets there would only be approx 3000 tickets available for each home game?! I'm not exactly dissing this as if we can sell out every game that's brilliant BUT I would say i'm worried about getting tickets easily (esp for the 1st game at Falmer) if there's so few on general sale. I don't want to start a 'i'm a better fan than you' thread but it would be slightly unfair on fans like myslef who don't get season tickets because of other commitments like working / playing football / or financial reasons to not be able to get a ticket for that 1st game - especially for those that have endured Withdean for 10 years and gone to many away games... Just a thought but in a way i'm shitting it I won't get a ticket for that first game!!!

yes it may be annoying and rather shitty, although i believe your overlooking the fact that falmer is going to be there for decades, not just for one game :falmer::falmer:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
yes it may be annoying and rather shitty, although i believe your overlooking the fact that falmer is going to be there for decades, not just for one game :falmer::falmer:

And I can assure you i'll be there for every decade of my life - and will get a ST one day when I'm older / more financially secure / stop playing football BUT that first game is massive and I can assure you that if you lined up all albion fans in order of games they've gone to at Withers i'd be in the top 5000at least! Let alone away games / Falmer day / etc etc... Just saying like... (don't wanna start a i deserve to be there more than you debate i assure u!)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And I can assure you i'll be there for every decade of my life - and will get a ST one day when I'm older / more financially secure / stop playing football BUT that first game is massive and I can assure you that if you lined up all albion fans in order of games they've gone to at Withers i'd be in the top 5000at least! Let alone away games / Falmer day / etc etc... Just saying like... (don't wanna start a i deserve to be there more than you debate i assure u!)

You'd be at the back of the queue of those who attended the Goldstone I bet :lolol:

Personally think that season ticket holders whilst we were at Gillingham are the most deserving of all :wink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You'd be at the back of the queue of those who attended the Goldstone I bet :lolol:

Eh? Why?!

I think putting up with Withers is slightly different top people who haven't been atall since 1996...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I AM joking

Wasn't being funny just didn't know what you meant. And no i wouldn't be at the back of the que but I was only a kid then so was up to the old man when we went (he used to present a gameshow on BBC1 in the 90s so worked most Saturday's in London)

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
although ive been supporting since 1963 and travelled to around 60 odd different away grounds i have never had a season ticket so has anyone any idea how much one for falmer might cost, roughly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was only a kid then so was up to the old man when we went (he used to present a gameshow on BBC1 in the 90s so worked most Saturday's in London)

Let the cat out of the bag..which show? Is your dad known as a Brighton fan or is he someone (who must be at least relatively famous) who has slipped under the Famous Brighton fans radar?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Bob Monkhouse? Bruce Forsyth? Jimmy Tarbuck? Leslie Crowther? Les Dennis? Jim Walker?

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
although ive been supporting since 1963 and travelled to around 60 odd different away grounds i have never had a season ticket so has anyone any idea how much one for falmer might cost, roughly.

Pure guess, but if you budget around £400, you won't be far away (might even not be that much!). That's for a full price ticket, not concession, in case you qualify :wink: :smile:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Eh? Why?!

I think putting up with Withers is slightly different top people who haven't been atall since 1996...

And I think that people who don't know the year we left the Goldstone should be flogged, then banned for life.

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here