Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15,500 Season Tickets at Falmer

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
After gauging interest from those I know who never really went to Withdean, and many that have never really supported the Albion as their first team, but all of which claim to be up for getting a season ticket I think we are going to be very close to selling the stadium out pretty reguarly.

Bring it on I say.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
After gauging interest from those I know who never really went to Withdean, and many that have never really supported the Albion as their first team, but all of which claim to be up for getting a season ticket I think we are going to be very close to selling the stadium out pretty reguarly.

I wonder if this is having an impact on our playing budget. Initially it was felt we needed to be in the Championship to fill Falmer - however if we are going to fill it in League One - it takes the pressure off a little.

It would be so good to fill Falmer - and get some of the lost generations back behind the club.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Tricky this one but if people are willing to shell out for a season ticket then so be it.

I now my brother and Dad will be getting season tickets and they havent been since the goldstone.

There will be thousands of people wo start going again, i would be delighted if we sold 10,000 season tickets though, i do believe it may be nearer 12k though :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tricky my brother and Dad will be getting season tickets and they havent been since the goldstone.

I find that really bizarre, but there seem to be many who are gonna do the same. How fans can switch their interest on and off because of the facilities is something I cannot get my head around :shrug:

I mean even a fairweather fan will rock up for the big games at Withdean or away, but not to go for over 10 years and then buy a season ticket? Does it really come down to going because it's new and the cool thing to do?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was chatting to a guy yesterday who is getting two Season Tickets. He has never been to Brighton before and has a ST at Chelsea. I asked him why he was buying them and he said that as Chelsea play a lot of their games on Sunday and Mondays, he will have somewhere to go on a Saturday and if Chelsea play on the saturday, he will go there instead. I actually got the impression he had no interest in Brighton at all

personally I thought he had more money than sense, BUT I assume it all depends on how easy it is to flog your ticket when he can't go.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There seem to be about 50,000 people who haven't been since the Goldstone despite he fact that our attendances there were crap in the last few seasons.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
There seem to be about 50,000 people who haven't been since the Goldstone despite he fact that our attendances there were crap in the last few seasons.

Well, I think there are 8,000 NSC members, each of whom appears to know at least 15 people who have never even been to a football match before but I definitely signing up for a 10 year ticket, whatever the cost. So you're going to have at least 120,000 season ticket holders, quite remarkable.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Well, I think there are 8,000 NSC members, each of whom appears to know at least 15 people who have never even been to a football match before but I definitely signing up for a 10 year ticket, whatever the cost. So you're going to have at least 120,000 season ticket holders, quite remarkable.

how do you know they dont all know each other, so it could be just 15 maximum :clap2:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ticket Touts at a BHAFC home game? lmfao
First game, definitely.

I'm always surprised at the number of people on here who underestimate demand. We'll average 20,000+ in that first season, even in this division, and 15,500 STHs is really not that spectacular for a club with this catchment.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
15,000 x £450 = £6,750,000 but that won't be the budget for players I assume. We do have to pay for the stadium at some point!

[obviously very ball park figures and ignores juniors, seniors, corproate, but kind of gives an idea of the number of zero's we'll get from ticket sales if we sell 15k season tickets]

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
15,000 x £450 = £6,750,000 but that won't be the budget for players I assume. We do have to pay for the stadium at some point!

[obviously very ball park figures and ignores juniors, seniors, corproate, but kind of gives an idea of the number of zero's we'll get from ticket sales if we sell 15k season tickets]

Also if you can sell that many tickets you can also charge the people running the bars, food etc aload more, as you're basically guaranteeing them a large amount of customers

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
First game, definitely.

I'm always surprised at the number of people on here who underestimate demand. We'll average 20,000+ in that first season, even in this division, and 15,500 STHs is really not that spectacular for a club with this catchment.

I hope you're right.

IMO it depends what League we're in.

I really can't see 20,000+ average crowds in League 1.

Yes we have a big catchment area, but half of them seem to 'support' Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or Man Utd'

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
First game, definitely.

first game at falmer or first league game at falmer? i reckon the former will be just as easy to get tickets for as any other pre-season warm-up game. unless they get Man City...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hope you're right.

IMO it depends what League we're in.

I really can't see 20,000+ average crowds in League 1.

Yes we have a big catchment area, but half of them seem to 'support' Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs or Man Utd'
But of those big club fans, there are plenty who are not *that* fussed, and would happily trot down to Falmer with their kids if the tickets were reasonably priced. We all know these people. I've got a good mate who supports Man Utd, lives a ten minute walk from Withdean, but has never been there and is dying to buy season tickets for him and his eldest son at Falmer.
I genuinely think 20,000 in league one is perfectly possible, but will depend on the competence of the marketing department (which looks increasing professional) and reasonable ticket pricing.
Also, don't underestimate the pent up demand for a stadium in the area. The Goldstone was 12 years ago, so it was probably 20 years ago when you can honestly say Brighton last had a football ground worthy of the name because it was neglected for so long.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I haven't had a season ticket since the Goldstone. In the last half dozen years have probably been to 10-15 home games a season incuding the cup and a handful away. HAd already decided to buy a season ticket at Falmer and TRHK Jr is also keen.

I hate Withdean and had other commitments on Saturdays so never felt that I could commit to every game. Now we have a number of things that have come together to make a season ticket a more realistic proposition: obviously a great new stadium (it matters and it makes a difference to people), we have a roof, we have a new chairman and manager who seem to want the same thing and we have hope for the first time in ages. This is why ex-fans, supporters of other clubs and lapsed season ticket holders are talking about coming back. In T Wells there is a large and growing excitement about Falmer (and all it stands for) amongst people who consider themselves West Ham or Arsenal or Spurs fans but who don't go to those games regularly. they have the possibility of watching live (Saturday) football in a great facility, played by a flair team on their doorstep - and they are chomping at the bit.

If Bloom can stump up the cash and Gus can get the team playing the way we know he can - in a 21st C stadium to rival any in the Premier League then I can quite see how we'll get huge numbers of season ticket sales. The area has been starved of this for over a decade (and frankly The Goldstone turned a lot of people off way before we left).

If we get this right - and take the opportunity presented to us - we could have a big and solid fan base at Falmer for years to come.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester

you haven't taken into account the U16, U11, U18 or senior ticket holders. so it would be quite a lot less than 6.75 million :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here