Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thomas Tuchel **Appointed England Manager 15/10/24**

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Sorry I can’t come to terms with this. A German managing England? Ridiculous. They are our joint main rivals with Scotland. This is akin to Pardew being appointed Albion manager. Any other nationality would be OK but not this. In ‘real life’ I have nothing against Germans or Germany, but in international football I do. The FA have f***ed up yet again.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Sorry I can’t come to terms with this. A German managing England? Ridiculous. They are our joint main rivals with Scotland. This is akin to Pardew being appointed Albion manager. Any other nationality would be OK but not this. In ‘real life’ I have nothing against Germans or Germany, but in international football I do. The FA have f***ed up yet again.
100%

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Loving all the negativity before he's even been announced, never mind had a game or even a competition in charge. True NSC, at it's best.

Much happier with him in charge than the Boring Brummie or Smug.

My immediate reaction is that I'm going to watch England games again. Last one I watched was the Spain final snoozefest having only watched the semi final since the Italy final.

ABS for me.

(Anyone But Southgate).

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Sacked by his last club and they think they upgraded by hiring someone who got Burnley relegated………
He was also sacked from PSG when it was obvious that they weren't going to win the title 20/21 despite having twice the budget of anyone else.

His horse won enough one-horse races in France though to make his CV look really good. And then obviously the CL win which will make him pop up everywhere until the end of his career.

It covers up the fact that he's always sacked and always leaves behind teams with big attitude and confidence problems.

He's known to be tactically demanding and not leave too much room for creativity... and then throwing players under the bus when his teams lose. Its a difficult combination.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He was also sacked from PSG when it was obvious that they weren't going to win the title 20/21 despite having twice the budget of anyone else.

His horse won enough one-horse races in France though to make his CV look really good. And then obviously the CL win which will make him pop up everywhere until the end of his career.

It covers up the fact that he's always sacked and always leaves behind teams with big attitude and confidence problems.

He's known to be tactically demanding and not leave too much room for creativity... and then throwing players under the bus when his teams lose. Its a difficult combination.
In other words, a perfect fit for the English FA

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
As good as anyone out there I suppose.
Only has to manage a handful of games and not a whole seasons fixtures.
Might bring out the best in him, time will tell.
Could be a precursor for 'that football guy'.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sounds like a perfect fit!

Teach our lazy entitled players a history lesson.

(To be honest, I am torn between being really upset, excited, and not giving a shit).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wouldn’t buy out Eddie’s contract but going to pay TT £7m a year :facepalm:
Call me aseptic, but I'm not sure that Beheaddie would be guaranteed to translate his trophy-winning club success into the international arena, to be fair.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Good appointment in circumstances.

Wouldn’t happen in Germany, mind.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Don't tell him Pike.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I'm not keen on Tuchel at all but now that the sodding Daily Mail has called it a dark day, I'm suddenly very cheerful about the whole thing.

Regardless of the Mail's angle, I was already of the view that it is a bit depressing that England (ENGLAND) are once again reverting to bringing in an overseas ringer, because we are apparently incapable of producing a coach / manager who has the CHOPS to take on the England job.

No other "top" nation (and despite the usual naysayers, the rankings confirm that we are) has ever resorted to this. The EPL is this gigantic all-conquering circus for the world to enjoy, but when it comes to an englishman actually achieving anything from the dugout - yeah, forget it.

Its a stark admission of failure by the FA. Do I want Tuchel to do well ? Of course. I'm still an England fan. But in the unlikely event that we go on and win something under him, the edge of it will most certainly be taken off for me by the fact that we had to resort to bringing in a German ringer to sort it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here