Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Looks like the Prime Minister could have an uncomfortable time at the Commonwealth summit.

I assume that the mooted conversation also happens with those West African countries that sold people into the trans-Atlantic slave trade in the first place.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Looks like the Prime Minister could have an uncomfortable time at the Commonwealth summit.

I assume that the mooted conversation also happens with those West African countries that sold people into the trans-Atlantic slave trade in the first place.
Somewhat awkward for our Foreign Sec. after what he has previously said on the matter.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
So even if the cost was the same, I would still rather hire somebody in South Africa than somebody in Brighton. Young people that want / need to work and who are desperate to learn and better themselves and who are resilient and driven compared to entitled kids who think they know best and go to pieces at the first sign of adversity.

I have seen it in Brighton over and over and over again. They aren’t all like it, and we have found some diamonds (two recruited from NSC in fact) but the sad fact is that the majority were exactly as I describe. It really is a no-brainer in what I do. And that is a real shame, because it definitely wasn’t like that when I was in my 20’s and looking for an opportunity to get ahead in life.
Every year company I worked for took on apprentices, paid for them to attend college/uni & generally ended up as valued staff. In recent year that changed, either sit there spending much of the time on their phones, put them away for a short time but back out again, seemed to think college was optional or a chance to have a day off, didn't like being told where they'd made a mistake & disrespected experienced colleagues ignoring their advice. Obviously not all but there seemed to be a trend.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

This is a topic which would require conversation of it's own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here