Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Labour Government

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
You don't get interest added onto savings pots do you? (i'm not sure). Or do you mean people have saved in an interest-bearing account to help them when they have retired. In which case - they may well be paying some tax on their savings already?
What I am saying is that pension pots are savings, and there are ways of taxing pension pots that will (in theory at least) raise money for the government.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You don't get interest added onto savings pots do you? (i'm not sure). Or do you mean people have saved in an interest-bearing account to help them when they have retired. In which case - they may well be paying some tax on their savings already?

Whether it’s pension savings/investments, or other savings/investments, interest is routinely added to the balances.

People do also save/invest for retirement not under a pensions wrapper, typically in an ISA.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really? I think “cheeky beggar” for instance is quite common.
Nope. It’s not common to me. Genuinely can’t recall ever hearing someone substitute beggar for bugger.

• Wow
Reactions: cjd

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I presume all those who moaned about corrupt Tory donors will be screaming for Labour to sever ties and repay donations from Unite if they are found to have broken the law ?.
Did you read any of it?

Unite have instigated 2 of their own investigations via a KC and an accountancy firm and referred it themselves to police. If there has been evidence of corruption, the Union appear to be at the front of the queue to establish any criminality.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
nope, sorry again. One set of GPs came from Leicestershire, the other set was one Welsh one Sussex.
Fair enough. Whatever the reason, I have never heard it before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here