Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Jesus did have a wife

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If you go read up on the Nazis and their policies during that period against handicapped/disabled people it was only through massive pressure and potential threat of internal conflict from the Catholic quarter in Germany that the Nazis dropped their policy of killing such people. Off the top of my head I think they'd killed 70,000 people under this policy before it ended.

Just that policy alone shows Hitler was no man of God.

He was at best a pagan.

Love that last line - as if being a pagan is of lesser importance or has lesser standing than being a Catholic.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
They would be eating Pot Noodles in my opinion

I see no reason why they can't have both. I would suggest some sort of buffet system. And some hot lemon face wipes, keep their whiskers clean.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Denis Leary ‏@denisleary

#GospelAccordingToMrsChrist - Does my ass look chaste in these robes?

#GospelAccordingToMrsChrist - I don't care if you're the Son Of God, you can't wear socks with sandals.

#GospelAccordingToMrsChrist - You want someone to ooh and ahh every time you open your mouth? Call the Apostles.

#GospelAccordingToMrsChrist - I send you out for hummus and you come back with 5000 fish?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Here we go again... but you are Wrong on every count except possibly one.
Jesus did exist. What would be in dispute is whether he was actually the "Son of God", or just another religious zealot of the time.
There is every place in society for religion as a force for good. Most good work and volunteering in our country is done by people of faith, and if it was not for volunteering, our society would fall apart at the seams.

Admittedly religion - or more likely fundamentalism, which could be seen as different - is a major issue im wars at the moment, but how did religion contribute to the start of the Second World war, or the First World war?

Spurious horse shit

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Religion is one great big fcuk off lie
Spot on,i would happily accept that there is a god,but it seems on planet earth there is about 500 diffrent gods,every faith has diffrent rules in which change year after year.:mad:

The disturbing thing about religion is how badly woman are treated:nono:

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
Denis Leary ‏@denisleary

#GospelAccordingToMrsChrist - Does my ass look chaste in these robes?

#GospelAccordingToMrsChrist - I don't care if you're the Son Of God, you can't wear socks with sandals.

#GospelAccordingToMrsChrist - You want someone to ooh and ahh every time you open your mouth? Call the Apostles.

#GospelAccordingToMrsChrist - I send you out for hummus and you come back with 5000 fish?
That is nose-splurtingly funny! :)

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Jesus always seemed a bit gay to me.

Its the beard and the sandals.

That being said he may have been married.

Barrymore and all that

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Religion is one great big fcuk off lie

It isn't a lie. It's a matter of faith. Crystal Palace fans believe their team is the best. We know that is silly, but that is what they think. We, on the other hand, believe in our team, but Man U fans wouldn't necessarily agree with us. Following a religion, like following a football team, is a matter of faith, and of community. It is the sense of communal belief and tribalism which is the important thing, not the belief itself.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
It isn't a lie. It's a matter of faith. Crystal Palace fans believe their team is the best. We know that is silly, but that is what they think. We, on the other hand, believe in our team, but Man U fans wouldn't necessarily agree with us. Following a religion, like following a football team, is a matter of faith, and of community. It is the sense of communal belief and tribalism which is the important thing, not the belief itself.

Don't miss the bits where it says you will never enter The Amex of the afterlife unless you follow The Albion with a stripey heart. Miss a crucial fixture and you will be forever condemned to watch palace, and live in a caravan.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Here we go again... but you are Wrong on every count except possibly one.
Jesus did exist. What would be in dispute is whether he was actually the "Son of God", or just another religious zealot of the time.
There is every place in society for religion as a force for good. Most good work and volunteering in our country is done by people of faith, and if it was not for volunteering, our society would fall apart at the seams.

Admittedly religion - or more likely fundamentalism, which could be seen as different - is a major issue im wars at the moment, but how did religion contribute to the start of the Second World war, or the First World war?

Ever heard of Kristallnacht?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Spot on,i would happily accept that there is a god,but it seems on planet earth there is about 500 diffrent gods,every faith has diffrent rules in which change year after year.:mad:

The disturbing thing about religion is how badly woman are treated:nono:

500? That's a rather low estimate.

Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities. Those numbers are probably a very conservative estimate because we have no accurate information before 4000 B.C. This means any dieties worshipped by man before this period are unaccounted for.
In truth, the possibilities are nearly infinite. For example, in Hindu the entire living universe is merely a unique manifestation of Ishvara. This leads to the fact that there are 330 million "gods or goddesses."

Read more: How many gods and goddesses are there

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
If you go read up on the Nazis and their policies during that period against handicapped/disabled people it was only through massive pressure and potential threat of internal conflict from the Catholic quarter in Germany that the Nazis dropped their policy of killing such people. Off the top of my head I think they'd killed 70,000 people under this policy before it ended.

Just that policy alone shows Hitler was no man of God.

Not strictly true. The pressure came from relatives and was publicised by the catholic church. This led to the the original programme being stopped, but it was restarted under another name with more secrecy. This is one of the very rare examples of the catholic church standing up to fascist and nazi regimes. Mostly they stood on the sidelines at best and there are plenty of disgraceful examples of them aiding the nazis and their allies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here