Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons to hate the French

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Xenophobic arse dribblings for the most part. France is a nice place on the whole

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That is not a reason to hate the French. That was, alongside King Eric, one of the best moments ever on a football pitch.
I don't get it, what's great about ZZ headbutting? Sure he'd taken some flack, but he helped France lose the WC.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I think that is a bit harsh. What they do have is a "pre Thatcherite" way of life, particularly outside of Pairs where the work/life balance is more equal. I go to France about 3/4 four times a year and they are definitely not idle. Their attitude to the service industries is a lot better than in the UK where there is still a stigma attached to you if you are a waiter, waitress, cleaner etc

The French are lazy, chauvanistic and think others owe them a living. Paris is an overpriced dump surrounded by a Nouveu Ghetto aka the il de Paris.

They are by far the worst nation with an overblown sense of entitlement on the planet.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The French are ok but would you want your daughter to bring one home.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
The French are lazy, chauvanistic and think others owe them a living. Paris is an overpriced dump surrounded by a Nouveu Ghetto aka the il de Paris.

They are by far the worst nation with an overblown sense of entitlement on the planet.

I have lived over here for 8 years now. everytime i go back home Blighty i can't help but notice plenty of people in most big towns and cities who are lazy, chauvanistic and think others owe them a living too. i do agree with you about Paris though. you should visit us in the Lot region and you might change your mind slightly. Look up my town Cahors on Google Images wonderful place to walk around.

PS Fortunately the wife's "ma femme" is sleeping with her arms up. No stubble! I do feel like i'm back in England today though as it is raining and will be all day.

as for the Euro draw they think they have the group stage in the bag already!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'm pretty sure we did too...

You raise a very valid point.

My father's theory is that if the French had stayed a bit longer defending the beach, more troops could have been rescued. If it is a valid point or not, I have no idea, but it is what he always tells people regarding his rather long term antipathy towards the French. Does not stop him from going on holiday there though!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I have lived over here for 8 years now. everytime i go back home Blighty i can't help but notice plenty of people in most big towns and cities who are lazy, chauvanistic and think others owe them a living too. i do agree with you about Paris though. you should visit us in the Lot region and you might change your mind slightly. Look up my town Cahors on Google Images wonderful place to walk around.

PS Fortunately the wife's "ma femme" is sleeping with her arms up. No stubble! I do feel like i'm back in England today though as it is raining and will be all day.

as for the Euro draw they think they have the group stage in the bag already!

I know a few people who have bought property in France and they find it easier to bring electricians and plumbers over from the UK as the French charge a bomb and dont put in the hours. This seems to be a re-accuring theme. Althoughl a Cousin was quoted an internet connection in 12 weeks in Cadiz so maybe they are not that bad. I am really not supprised some of these countries are going down the shitter.

You may be lucky. I like France and some of the french although it doesn't stop me forming a view or taking the piss.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I used to love France until I spent 6 weeks there during France 98. I was appalled by the way they treated the english, compared to other teams (I went to 20 games so had plenty to compare it to).

Worst occasion was the day trip we made to Toulouse for an evening game. Our train got in at lunchtime, we planned to have a really nice meal there in one of the excellent regional restaurants. Instead, everything was shut except McDonalds and Pizza Hut. Literally nowhere else was open in the entire town, it was all boarded up. And nowhere even to buy a bottle of water. What a great welcome.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
I used to love France until I spent 6 weeks there during France 98. I was appalled by the way they treated the english, compared to other teams (I went to 20 games so had plenty to compare it to).

Worst occasion was the day trip we made to Toulouse for an evening game. Our train got in at lunchtime, we planned to have a really nice meal there in one of the excellent regional restaurants. Instead, everything was shut except McDonalds and Pizza Hut. Literally nowhere else was open in the entire town, it was all boarded up. And nowhere even to buy a bottle of water. What a great welcome.

I would thank a minority of fellow England fans rather than the nation of France for that reception.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here