Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons to hate the French

Marshal Josip Tito

Маршал н
Nov 29, 2011
Yugoslavia
You've obviously never got further than Gare du Nord.

I've actually had the misfortune to have been stuck at several of Paris' grubby and litter-strewn beggar dens that they call stations. Gare du Nord is a dump, Gare de l'Oest is a dump, Gare Saint-Lazare is a dump... You get the idea.

AND for what it's worth, I've been lucky enough to have travelled a lot in my lifetime, often to some very poor countries. HOWEVER I have never visited a city where I was pestered by beggars as much as I was in gay Paris. They just will not leave you alone and can get quite aggressive.

An absolute toilet of a city. I would sooner live in Redhill

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I think that is a bit harsh. What they do have is a "pre Thatcherite" way of life, particularly outside of Pairs where the work/life balance is more equal. I go to France about 3/4 four times a year and they are definitely not idle. Their attitude to the service industries is a lot better than in the UK where there is still a stigma attached to you if you are a waiter, waitress, cleaner etc

They have 366 public holidays a year, the bone idle b*st*rds.

Marshal Josip Tito

Маршал н
Nov 29, 2011
Yugoslavia
You have a good point there! Out of interest, are you actually based in Yugoslavia. I had a great time years ago in the Bled area.

Yes, I'm in Skopje, Macedonia but I like to think of it as a united Yugoslavia.

Bled is a very picturesque area, and in that sense certainly not alone in Yugoslavia

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Proof that French women are indeed ugly

french_women_are_pretty_ugly_if_you_ask_me.jpg

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I've actually had the misfortune to have been stuck at several of Paris' grubby and litter-strewn beggar dens that they call stations. Gare du Nord is a dump, Gare de l'Oest is a dump, Gare Saint-Lazare is a dump... You get the idea.

AND for what it's worth, I've been lucky enough to have travelled a lot in my lifetime, often to some very poor countries. HOWEVER I have never visited a city where I was pestered by beggars as much as I was in gay Paris. They just will not leave you alone and can get quite aggressive.

An absolute toilet of a city. I would sooner live in Redhill

Fair enough. each to their own experiences. The last time I was there we stayed in the 15th arrondissement which is not touristy. The people and restaurants were great particularly L'Armandie. Didn't see any beggars.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Reasons to like the French Reasons to dislike the French
1.Brandy 1. Brit haters
2.Bridgette Bardot 2. Bleeding EU Funds with CAP
2...Er! 3.Letting immigrants through easily
3. Er! 4.Ferry to UK
If the reasons of dislike outnumber likes take copious amounts of 1 in the likes and if dislikes continue take lots of 2 in the likes

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
No reason to hate them...
Great food
Great wine
Fantastic countryside
Very friendly (as long as you try and speak French)
Great architecture
Great beaches
Family friendly restaurants...

Merci et bonsoir!!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
They are trying to surrender to the Germans again (Euro).It seems to be the only thing they are good at!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they're a funny lot, i've never met a Frenchman i disliked (and i've met quite a few), but as a nation there's something, i dont know what, that is dislikable. maybe its our upbringing instills this in us, but even Frenchmen will observe the same dispair at their compatriots (but then ive mainly met anglophile frenchies).

as for the wine, i've concluded that you think its great if you like french wine.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
you get what i call "dog blokes" in france,who often sit right outside patisseries on a sunday,which is the traditional day in france to go and buy some decent cakes and visit family,annoying no more than that

have spent the last 4 years working here and they do work just as hard as us,true they do have alot more "feries" than us

friendly? well i'm right down in the south here and they probably dislike parisians more than brits,yeah i find them friendly,but i do speak the language

i like to think i'm a proud englishman,but i like the french and the germans,alls fair in love and war

who said that?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Someone being deliberately provocative and selling shit in a tin?

It's just one of those psychology experiments that show if you think it'll taste bad, then it will taste bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here