Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Well, surprise, surprise. Dontcha just love the tech bros:

I found that a chilling read.

In particular the involvement of Michael Frost, an ex-private school teacher from London.

Who would have thought 90 years after Hitler developed Nazi racial ideology as a justification to murder 17 million people including 6 million Jews (excluding those who died in conflict or from disease or famine) that eugenics would again raise it’s ugly head and in Germany no less. Except it isn’t called ‘Nazi Ideology’ but ‘Scientific racism’ which is being used to shore up policy proposals from the far right extremists to expel migrants.

To be televised on 21 October - probably worth a watch

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A childminder. De-registered, shirley the end of that career.
Its kind of sad in a way, we all feel like lashing out verbally from time to time about all sorts of things but, consigning ones darkest thoughts to a public platform is a pretty stupid thing to do. A bit like the stigma that moron feels when he had a pee on a war memorial, this stain will never go away, excuse the pun.

However, adding " If this makes me a racist, then so be it " was utterly insane.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Its kind of sad in a way, we all feel like lashing out verbally from time to time about all sorts of things but, consigning ones darkest thoughts to a public platform is a pretty stupid thing to do. A bit like the stigma that moron feels when he had a pee on a war memorial, this stain will never go away, excuse the pun.

However, adding " If this makes me a racist, then so be it " was utterly insane.
It's who she is.
Diddums

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's who she is.
Diddums
Indeed.

The storm of internet insurrection simply smoked out a load of shitler ****s in one go.

Highly Darwinian.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure the answer to a rabble rousing arse-head is to mount a Special March.

Let's see who is on the bill....

1729186049489.png

Mmmmm....The Mick Lynch who urged his supporters to vote for a fringe party risking a tory election victory? And old Dianne Abbot who we try to not criticize because her mind is no longer working properly and she doesn't really know what she's saying?

I'm out. Sorry.

Let Robinson destroy himself, as he does by degree, every time he opens his mouth.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The silver lining from this, probably that in this country at least people will think twice before typing extreme, provocative stuff.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Are you suggesting her ‘crime was getting caught’ and she should have been sensible and kept her feelings to herself?

The despicable thing about this woman wasn’t that she posted her ‘darkest thoughts’ online but she has those thoughts to begin with. That the wife of a Tory Councillor’s reaction to events was to think asylum seekers should be burned alive beggars belief frankly.

There’s a difference in ‘lashing out in anger’ (which I admit to having have done with bad language/expletives when really pissed off with something then come to regret it) and posting extremely racist content with the foresight to say you are going to ‘play the mental health card if arrested’ and then engaging with Tommy Robinson online on another occasion.

The woman is a despicable racist and people with her views should be flushed out for what they are.

Even if you harbour such views but don’t post them online, you are still a racist.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are you suggesting her ‘crime was getting caught’ and she should have been sensible and kept her feelings to herself?

The despicable thing about this woman wasn’t that she posted her ‘darkest thoughts’ online but she has those thoughts to begin with.

There’s a difference in ‘lashing out in anger’ (which I admit to having have done with bad language/expletives when really pissed off with something then come to regret it) and posting extremely racist content with the foresight to say you are going to ‘play the mental health card if arrested’ and then engaging with Tommy Robinson online on another occasion.

The woman is a despicable racist and people with her views should be flushed out for what they are.

Even if you harbour such views but don’t post them online, you are still a racist.
I don't think that was @vegster 's narrative at all. He absolutely is not suggesting her crime was getting caught.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Not sure the answer to a rabble rousing arse-head is to mount a Special March.

Let's see who is on the bill....

View attachment 190448

Mmmmm....The Mick Lynch who urged his supporters to vote for a fringe party risking a tory election victory? And old Dianne Abbot who we try to not criticize because her mind is no longer working properly and she doesn't really know what she's saying?

I'm out. Sorry.

Let Robinson destroy himself, as he does by degree, every time he opens his mouth.
It seems quite clear that both the last time Tommy Robinson held a large rally in central London, it was followed by the eruption of racist violence around the country. Also that the violence stopped once people took to the streets to confront them. You can use Diane Abbott as an excuse to do nothing if it makes you feel better. But fascism has never been stopped by doing nothing. Remember Cable Street and Rock Against Racism.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It seems quite clear that both the last time Tommy Robinson held a large rally in central London, it was followed by the eruption of racist violence around the country. Also that the violence stopped once people took to the streets to confront them. You can use Diane Abbott as an excuse to do nothing if it makes you feel better. But fascism has never been stopped by doing nothing. Remember Cable Street and Rock Against Racism.
If Tommy Robinson is planning another outrage on the streets then by all means have a counter rally on the day.

But this is the sound of one hand clapping is it not? Unless I am blind I didn't see this billed as a counter rally. Apologies if I'm mistaken.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I don't think that was @vegster 's narrative at all. He absolutely is not suggesting her crime was getting caught.
Oh I’m sorry we will completely have to disagree on this but when the thrust of the point someone is making about a known racist is that they were ‘stupid’ to post their ‘darkest thoughts online’ - it sounds like the ‘stupidity’ of doing that was the problem rather that she is a racist period - it implies that she would have been better keeping her thoughts to herself..

These people need flushing out and they will (as you have just said about Tommy Robinson above) give themselves enough rope to hang themselves with.

Racism should not be suppressed or swept under the carpet - it should be rooted out and dealt with or society internalises its hatred which spills out with much more severe consequences at a later point in time like a pressure cooker releasing pent up steam when maybe we are less able to deal with it..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The despicable thing about this woman wasn’t that she posted her ‘darkest thoughts’ online but she has those thoughts to begin with. That the wife of a Tory Councillor’s reaction to events was to think asylum seekers should be burned alive beggars belief frankly.

Even if you harbour such views but don’t post them online, you are still a

I'm suggesting that the Internet never forgives or forgets. 30 years ago she could have said what she said to a couple of mums outside school or pals in a pub what she posted online and it would have gone no further and she might well have thought better a day later.

Or, even had a visit from the plod asking her to think before opening her mouth. Now its posted up and undeniable. Yes, horrible, hateful thing to say but we are all individuals. Had she thought it
,not typed it, she might have privately regretted it and no one but her would have known.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I'm suggesting that the Internet never forgives or forgets. 30 years ago she could have said what she said to a couple of mums outside school or pals in a pub what she posted online and it would have gone no further and she might well have thought better a day later.

Or, even had a visit from the plod asking her to think before opening her mouth. Now its posted up and undeniable. Yes, horrible, hateful thing to say but we are all individuals. Had she thought it
,not typed it, she might have privately regretted it and no one but her would have known.

I understood that was what you were saying and of course it is harder to back track when you have made your views public, I wasn’t attacking you but it seems like you are suggesting that her posting on the internet was the issue and if she had not done so, that would have been ok.

She has made no attempt to apologise - she subsequently said ‘so what if people think I’m a racist, ‘so be it’ - she had the objective foresight (in a moment of apparent passion) to declare that she would “play the mental health card’.

I’m saying it is not ok to be a racist period and saying that “we are all individual’ sounds like an apologist view to me for someone who holds such views - she typed what she thought. As @aolstudios said, ‘ it is what she is’

I don’t care whether someone floods their facebook page with racist comments or just utters it in conversation to a few of his/her mates - they are still deeply offensive and wholly unacceptable views to hold and should be called out as such with no reservation or qualification imo.

That said, I agree that the impact of racist views are more dangerous when posted on social media/uttered on a public platform and rightly should attract the full force of the law,

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
You are right. But whatever action you take, please do it with eyes wide open. Be aware of the duplicity of the Farages and Tommy Robinsons of British politics, and the Euro equivalents across the channel.

Having been on the Russia-Ukraine war thread for longer than Lucy Connolly will be in jail, I have to tell you that a big supporter - and funder - of fascism across Europe, is sitting in the Kremlin.

Western intelligence has found a Russian backed, Czech based fund that funnels money into right-wing parties across at least five EU countries. This is no conspiracy theory. It featured in the Wall Street Journal.

Farage has his own section in the book 'Vatnik Soup', a study in Russian disinformation.

Elsewhere, Russia has weaponised immigration, and encourages migrants across the Finnish and Polish borders with the intention of destabilising those governments.

I'm not saying things would be OK if Putin were not a conniving ****, but we all should be aware of the bigger geopolitical picture. A lot of what we are angry about, is orchestrated, planned, pre-meditated and funded by Moscow.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
If Tommy Robinson is planning another outrage on the streets then by all means have a counter rally on the day.

But this is the sound of one hand clapping is it not? Unless I am blind I didn't see this billed as a counter rally. Apologies if I'm mistaken.
Unfortunately he is planning something. Hopefully he'll be intercepted by the Met.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
You are right. But whatever action you take, please do it with eyes wide open. Be aware of the duplicity of the Farages and Tommy Robinsons of British politics, and the Euro equivalents across the channel.

Having been on the Russia-Ukraine war thread for longer than Lucy Connolly will be in jail, I have to tell you that a big supporter - and funder - of fascism across Europe, is sitting in the Kremlin.

Western intelligence has found a Russian backed, Czech based fund that funnels money into right-wing parties across at least five EU countries. This is no conspiracy theory. It featured in the Wall Street Journal.

Farage has his own section in the book 'Vatnik Soup', a study in Russian disinformation.

Elsewhere, Russia has weaponised immigration, and encourages migrants across the Finnish and Polish borders with the intention of destabilising those governments.

I'm not saying things would be OK if Putin were not a conniving ****, but we all should be aware of the bigger geopolitical picture. A lot of what we are angry about, is orchestrated, planned, pre-meditated and funded by Moscow.
Strangely major supporters of the international far right are Zionists and vice versa. What a f***ed up world we're living in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here