Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Protests/rioting in lots of places

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I think some are looking a bit too deep in this. I did see the lad who was from a Nordic country who was accused of instigating via social media, I might be wrong but he looked mixed race to me, no doubt a far right nut job though. Those in the UK who took part in the unrest though I don't think are really "far right", I think they are just stupid people who would go along with the crowd whatever the background cause was if there was a chance to have a rob and break stuff. The lad in the St George shirt prime example I don't imagine he can tie his own shoelaces let alone have a fully formed opinion on anything.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think some are looking a bit too deep in this. I did see the lad who was from a Nordic country who was accused of instigating via social media, I might be wrong but he looked mixed race to me, no doubt a far right nut job though. Those in the UK who took part in the unrest though I don't think are really "far right", I think they are just stupid people who would go along with the crowd whatever the background cause was if there was a chance to have a rob and break stuff. The lad in the St George shirt prime example I don't imagine he can tie his own shoelaces let alone have a fully formed opinion on anything.
They aren’t “looking to deep”. They are reporting their findings.

They are talking about the people influencing and encouraging the morons to riot. Just like all terrorist and extreme organisations around the world and throughout history, the influencers manipulate thick thugs to do their dirty work for them.

Point of fact; he may be mixed race. People of all races can object to immigration. Anyone can be racist.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Throughout your post, you seem to be trying to divert people's gaze, and diminish the people inciting others to riot, and those doing the rioting.
During the riots, people were in fear of their lives.

Rioting is a serious crime, evidenced by the lengthy sentences handed out to those convicted.
The public need to be protected from the mindless thuggery you seek to brush aside.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
Throughout your post, you seem to be trying to divert people's gaze, and diminish the people inciting others to riot, and those doing the rioting.
During the riots, people were in fear of their lives.

Rioting is a serious crime, evidenced by the lengthy sentences handed out to those convicted.
The public need to be protected from the mindless thuggery you seek to brush aside.
lol. You seem to be very wrong then. I haven't said anything that brushes aside thuggery I just said it was born out of stupidity for most of the rioters rather than a focussed political agenda and I stand by that.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
lol. You seem to be very wrong then. I haven't said anything that brushes aside thuggery I just said it was born out of stupidity for most of the rioters rather than a focussed political agenda and I stand by that.
The focussed political agenda is surely those influencing them. It was the same with Brexit. Same with MAGA etc. it suits Russia and others to ruin society and fragment Europe and create division in the states. Many of the people rioting did not know why they were rioting but the lines those who did spouted were straight from the political agenda.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I know!. This was in response to Zeb with the comment about Neo Nazis wanting to exterminate non-white people.

Did you fail to note the inverted commas? I was quoting from an investigation reported on the link I posted above.

It is now clear based on sound evidence that much of the driving force for the riots came from a loosely organised network of far right extremists operating from abroad - I btw have raised that connection several times on the Nigel Farage thread in the past because he has links to such extremists through eg Trump, Bannon and Victor Orbán and more insidiously, through the far right in Europe’s connection to Moscow.

I don’t subscribe to conspiracy theories, I prefer hard facts but IMO, it is not ‘going too deep’ into who was behind the riots when you bear in mind that the far right in Europe and Moscow share an agenda (for different reasons) of undermining democracy, destabilising the populace and fragmenting the cohesiveness of the European Community that still exists between the European Member States. ‘Brexit’ was one of the far right’s greatest achievements and played right into Moscow’s foreign policy toward Europe.

The evidence that foreign Neo-nazis were involved is proven and while the evidence that Russia was was directly involved in agitating the riots is still “weak”, I would suggest, there are risks associated with not looking deeply enough into events when they unfold around us - as the US electorate could be about to find out too late in the up and coming Presidential Election.

Sources

Last edited:

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
Did you fail to note the inverted commas? I was quoting from an investigation reported on the link I posted above.

It is now clear based on sound evidence that much of the driving force for the riots came from a loosely organised network of far right extremists operating from abroad - I btw have raised that connection several times on the Nigel Farage thread in the past because he has links to such extremists through eg Trump, Bannon and Victor Orbán and more insidiously, through the far right in Europe’s connection to Moscow.

I don’t subscribe to conspiracy theories, I prefer hard facts but IMO, it is not ‘going too deep’ into who was behind the riots when you bear in mind that the far right in Europe and Moscow share an agenda (for different reasons) of undermining democracy, destabilising the populace and fragmenting the cohesiveness of the European Community that still exists between the European Member States. ‘Brexit’ was one of the far right’s greatest achievements and played right into Moscow’s foreign policy toward Europe.

The evidence that foreign Neo-nazis were involved is proven and while the evidence that Russia was was directly involved in agitating the riots is still “weak”, I would suggest, there are risks associated with not looking deeply enough into events when they unfold around us - as the US electorate could be about to find out too late in the up and coming Presidential Election.

Sources

Christ, you write an essay at 6am and then completely edit it again 3 hours later. No I didn't fail to note your inverted commas nor did I state "your" comment but I said "the" comment. Please can you put me on ignore again.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Christ, you write an essay at 6am and then completely edit it again 3 hours later. No I didn't fail to note your inverted commas nor did I state "your" comment but I said "the" comment. Please can you put me on ignore again.

Wow talk about a complete overreaction!

- if you want to ignore my posts - you need to put me on ignore - that’s how it works. You were the one that referred to my post not the other way round.

I certainly didn’t ‘completely‘ edit my post - I added one sentence as an afterthought asking you if you had seen the inverted commas on my reference to nazis..

Because I was responding to this:
think some are looking a bit too deep in this.
They aren’t “looking to deep”. They are reporting their findings.
I know!. This was in response to Zeb with the comment about Neo Nazis wanting to exterminate non-white people.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
@nevergoagain, you've now been given some direct feedback from a number of people, including myself.

At each juncture, you have expressed amusement and/or amazement, and now you are becoming a tad personal, and inventing things which didn't happen.

Think back to your judgement in writing 'I think some are looking a bit too deep in this'.

With the passage of time, and with the benefit of others' opinions, links and evidence, together with the 'thumbs up' that they received, and you didn't, do you think it may be the case that it is you who is looking too shallowly in this?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
@nevergoagain, you've now been given some direct feedback from a number of people, including myself.

At each juncture, you have expressed amusement and/or amazement, and now you are becoming a tad personal, and inventing things which didn't happen.

Think back to your judgement in writing 'I think some are looking a bit too deep in this'.

With the passage of time, and with the benefit of others' opinions, links and evidence, together with the 'thumbs up' that they received, and you didn't, do you think it may be the case that it is you who is looking too shallowly in this?
I salute your indefatigability.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005

A tad personal ?, by saying what exactly ?. Inventing things that didn't happen?. You and I clearly don't agree on our politics which is fine, I've no problem with that. Getting excited about a thumbs up is immature in my opinion but If by disagreeing with some on here who seem to love backslapping each other makes my views somewhat shallowly then I'll happily accept and gladly not be in that group.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
A tad personal ?, by saying what exactly ?. Inventing things that didn't happen?. You and I clearly don't agree on our politics which is fine, I've no problem with that. Getting excited about a thumbs up is immature in my opinion but If by disagreeing with some on here who seem to love backslapping each other makes my views somewhat shallowly then I'll happily accept and gladly not be in that group.
'Christ, you write an essay at 6am and then completely edit it again 3 hours later.' Was that necessary?
Other people may keep different hours to you, or they may be in a different time zone. Besides, people are free to contribute whenever they want; not when you think they should.

As far as the other stuff goes, while it appears you happily contribute to the forum, you confirm again, that you have a problem with others giving you feedback, becoming irritable in the process.

This is a forum. Someone posts a comment. The rest of us discuss it and comment on its merits, or otherwise. I'm not sure you've quite got the hang of this yet.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
'Christ, you write an essay at 6am and then completely edit it again 3 hours later.' Was that necessary?
Other people may keep different hours to you, or they may be in a different time zone. Besides, people are free to contribute whenever they want; not when you think they should.

As far as the other stuff goes, while it appears you happily contribute to the forum, you confirm again, that you have a problem with others giving you feedback, becoming irritable in the process.

This is a forum. Someone posts a comment. The rest of us discuss it and comment on its merits, or otherwise. I'm not sure you've quite got the hang of this yet.
May I offer a solution? #neverannoyedagain.

1729101944276.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here