Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Lets be honest, if the roles were reversed, and we had taken 4 points ff you, but then finished below you, similar conversations would be going on. Our teams ARE of similar size and realistic projections, and as supporters, we will look for any opportunity to take any bragging rights. European Tour? Very jealous, but partly made up for by finishing 1 place higher in the table.
Going to Marseille, singing in the stadium with best atmosphere most of us have ever experienced, then fighting back from 2-0 down to snatch a draw at the death.

Half a Ryanair flight to Athens, full of half cut Albion fans, singing raucously, including anti Palace songs, beautiful Athens weather, great day, an away win then proper aggro and getting gassed for the full euro experience.

Going out and getting pissed and talking football with the Airbnb Roma fan owner of our accommodation, not a great game for us, but we were in the Olympic Stadium, in the eternal city singing "get your kits out for the lads" to our kit man and greeting our very own @jackalbion as a hero when he arrived post stabbing.

We had mop man, canal man and the time of our Albion supporting lives, with memories that will live forever.

And you think the 23/24 table with 2 meaningless mid table finishes is equal!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
:ROFLMAO:

Yeah I don't think you're convincing anyone with that.
Oh come on, you know in a few years time those memories of Marseille, Amsterdam, Athens and Rome and reaching the Europa last 16 will have faded. However, they’ll always have the 23/24 season to look back on, when they got 49 points and finished 10th.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Going to Marseille, singing in the stadium with best atmosphere most of us have ever experienced, then fighting back from 2-0 down to snatch a draw at the death.

Half a Ryanair flight to Athens, full of half cut Albion fans, singing raucously, including anti Palace songs, beautiful Athens weather, great day, an away win then proper aggro and getting gassed for the full euro experience.

Going out and getting pissed and talking football with the Airbnb Roma fan owner of our accommodation, not a great game for us, but we were in the Olympic Stadium, in the eternal city singing "get your kits out for the lads" to our kit man and greeting our very own @jackalbion as a hero when he arrived post stabbing.

We had mop man, canal man and the time of our Albion supporting lives, with memories that will live forever.

And you think the 23/24 table with 2 meaningless mid table finishes is equal!!
Absolutely this.

Add in Amsterdam too..........

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Lets be honest, if the roles were reversed, and we had taken 4 points ff you, but then finished below you, similar conversations would be going on. Our teams ARE of similar size and realistic projections, and as supporters, we will look for any opportunity to take any bragging rights. European Tour? Very jealous, but partly made up for by finishing 1 place higher in the table.
Good one

:lolol:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Oh come on, you know in a few years time those memories of Marseille, Amsterdam, Athens and Rome and reaching the Europa last 16 will have faded. However, they’ll always have the 23/24 season to look back on, when they got 49 points and finished 10th.
For us older fans we have,
2nd division champions 78-79
1st division champions 93-94

Full members winners 1991
3rd Division one 1990 ( Division 1 being the top league )

They are the ones I have lived through, I must say the 93-94 season was a joy.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

And this is what makes "proper fans", it doesnt matter if its not the premier League title you are celebrating , its the joy of winning the third division, or avoiding relegation on the last day, the play off win, the ridiculous come back from 2-0 down at half time against a top 6 side, the finishing 1 point above your rivals, I bet all of that gives more actual joy and feel good memories than those of fans whose club have simply cheated and bought titles with dodgy payments, deals etc

The post oil money city fans and their like will simply not understand why they are held in such disdain by the fans of Palace, Brighton, Ipswich etc, where as we get the actual joy of seeing our teams win, fail, implode and recover.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
And this is what makes "proper fans", it doesnt matter if its not the premier League title you are celebrating , its the joy of winning the third division, or avoiding relegation on the last day, the play off win, the ridiculous come back from 2-0 down at half time against a top 6 side, the finishing 1 point above your rivals, I bet all of that gives more actual joy and feel good memories than those of fans whose club have simply cheated and bought titles with dodgy payments, deals etc

The post oil money city fans and their like will simply not understand why they are held in such disdain by the fans of Palace, Brighton, Ipswich etc, where as we get the actual joy of seeing our teams win, fail, implode and recover.
Good post, I can’t really see the joy of a Man City fan, your club is owned by an oil rich nation and you hover up the best manager, players and youth players and surprise surprise you win everything …maybe I am old fashioned but that seems a bit hollow.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

And?

I was responding to a Palace fan who seemed to think that finishing a single point above Brighton somehow mitigated the envy of seeing us enjoy our European tour.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I did say partly offset by. Of course its not the same, but we take what we can get, especially as it looked so unlikely in March, and especially after a 4-1 beating at the Amex. As others said, we are way more similar than city, Chelski etc who just throw money at the problem until it works
Wise words, Dan, we are very similar which is what makes the rivalry enduring and, for me, enjoyable. It’s just you’re in our shade right now 😉

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
. European Tour? Very jealous, but partly made up for by finishing 1 place higher in the table.
By that token I am assuming that you and your Palace mates are cheering us onto another European spot this season so that you can finish 1 point above us Season 2025/26 ?

What will you do if we actually win something ? (highly unlikely though that is)

Last edited:

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Thought Dan was ok, until said that Parish was a better owner than Bloom ??? In what universe is a man who takes more money out of Palace than he has put in ( according to Simon Jordan) hated by a lot of the Palace base, cocked up the stadium upgrade and called Pinocchio by the fans. Where Bloom has put in over £400 million into our club, created the best recruitment system in world football and is loved by all BHA fans. You can argue about stadiums and squads but come on, get real.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Thought Dan was ok, until said that Parish was a better owner than Bloom ??? In what universe is a man who takes more money out of Palace than he has put in ( according to Simon Jordan) hated by a lot of the Palace base, cocked up the stadium upgrade and called Pinocchio by the fans. Where Bloom has put in over £400 million into our club, created the best recruitment system in world football and is loved by all BHA fans. You can argue about stadiums and squads but come on, get real.
Aaah but they finished a point above us !

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

….. and the data, the community programme and the broader club infrastructure. Comparing Parish to Bloom is like comparing Katie Price to Holly Willoughby (was going with Audrey Hepburn, but realised I was appealing to a smaller audience) 😂😂😂

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I hope this is in place for our next home game against them up the road.

Unauthorised Entry to Football Matches Bill

Creates a new crime of unauthorised entry to football matches. If someone is convicted, they could be given a football banning order, preventing them from attending matches.

Private members bill proposed by Linsey Farnworth MP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here