Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Maybe not at the moment but he has the potential to, I don't see anyone else in their squad with those attributes. Maybe it's timing and they have some wonderkids waiting in the wings but the U21 match last weekend disagrees with that......
Currently on the pitch they are the southern version of Everton. Huff and puff.
It would not surprise me at all if Zaha ended up back there in January when they PANIC.
He's 26. If he isn't that player yet, he's not going to be IMO.
He needs a move to a club that can afford to have a luxury player, like him.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was told by a Palace supporting friend ( yes, I do have some) that he is going to Arsenal in January.
All done and dusted, apparently.

Although he does seem an Arsenal type player, I’m not sure I believe that.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I was told by a Palace supporting friend ( yes, I do have some) that he is going to Arsenal in January.
All done and dusted, apparently.

Although he does seem an Arsenal type player, I’m not sure I believe that.
I would have thought more a Spurs or United type tbh.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Is Wharton’s lack of pace an issue in your midfield?
A bit like saying Großs lack of pace was an issue in ours, which is to say in some instances and depending on who else was playing it could be.
Wharton is a young player still developing, he occasionally displays some great vision and passing, but not with any great consistency or volume. That may well come but given they seem more inclined to give him painkillers than manage his minutes you worry they may break him instead.
(I can care about a palace players wellbeing while still wishing disaster upon the club )

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When Eze is good he is good, when he is not good palace are playing with 10 players.

I have to say I am somewhat disappointed with Glasners signings if I am honest , but it may well all come together and his system might start to work….who knows ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The league table never lies

What, even when you're playing teams whose season is already finished? It's also the case when you're playing teams who are in between gruelling Euro matches.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They’ve played 5 teams in the bottom half of the division.
They have 3 points.

By contrast,
We’ve played 4 of theBIG 6., we have 12 points.

Yeah but including Man U in the tough teams we've faced does feel like cheating

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Our academy won the PL International Cup last season, so you can categorise it where you like, but I'm taking the win, despite last Saturday afternoon

I'm sure the gap was bigger last year, remind me how that finished...

So, your U21s won the International Cup last season, so that mitigates your 10-0 defeat to us on Saturday, but, we played in the Europa League last season, which included 8 extra games, but you think coming above us by 1 place and 1 point is somehow a win for you this season being 9 points and 12 places below us.

Hmm, interesting way to justify your awful form this season, compared to ours.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
So, your U21s won the International Cup last season, so that mitigates your 10-0 defeat to us on Saturday, but, we played in the Europa League last season, which included 8 extra games, but you think coming above us by 1 place and 1 point is somehow a win for you this season being 9 points and 12 places below us.

Hmm, interesting way to justify your awful form this season, compared to ours.
Don’t forget that at times last season we had more than 10 first team players injured. The side which beat spurs started the match without a recognised full back or winger. We were decimated with injuries. They had some injuries but not even close to the same scale!

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This is all getting very petty and childish, under 21 results this and last season, who had more injuries Palace or Brighton, who finished higher by a point, who played teams on the beach at the end of the season, the fact we have to go back to Feb 2021 for the last time Palace beat Brighton, we need to just all calm down and know our places, we are not big six, we have loyal supporters that support local sides and the most important thing of all is that we agree on Palace are shite this season.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
This is all getting very petty and childish, under 21 results this and last season, who had more injuries Palace or Brighton, who finished higher by a point, who played teams on the beach at the end of the season, the fact we have to go back to Feb 2021 for the last time Palace beat Brighton, we need to just all calm down and know our places, we are not big six, we have loyal supporters that support local sides and the most important thing of all is that we agree on Palace are shite this season.
"Most seasons".

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
The whole point of rivalries is petty crap like this. That is what makes it fun. Two of my best mates are spurs fans and it has been petty and stupid all week and I have loved every second of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here