Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Higher attendances agreed
Better ground Subjective, I would say no
Better squad Subjective, how do you define it?
Better owners Subjective, what makes you think Bloom is better than Parish
Better Strategy Subjective please explain what your strategy is
Unbeaten this season agreed

The whole point of rivalries is petty crap like this. That is what makes it fun. Two of my best mates are spurs fans and it has been petty and stupid all week and I have loved every second of it.
It is fun especially when you get someone like eaglesdan posting the above and actually believing it :ROFLMAO:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Higher attendances agreed
Better ground Subjective, I would say no
Better squad Subjective, how do you define it?
Better owners Subjective, what makes you think Bloom is better than Parish
Better Strategy Subjective please explain what your strategy is
Unbeaten this season agreed

There was a lot of gloating about Europe last season, and it started well, but came unstuck in Rome. So not quite world beaters but not far off it.

Palace beaters, well the record says you have won more than us over all time, but its only 4 games for now.

Not sure any Palace fan would consider us in your shadow now. At what point do you need to look for new rivals if we are not up to scratch?
Oh such joy, I have only just seen this, this is marvellous and has cheered me right up. Delusional fantasist!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I enjoy the banter and often get dragged into the delusional side of things.

The reality is there really isn't too much difference between the clubs.
Much as we would both like to think there is.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I enjoy the banter and often get dragged into the delusional side of things.

The reality is there really isn't too much difference between the clubs.
Much as we would both like to think there is.

I would suggest that historically Palace may have a good case to claim they have been the bigger club. Today and going forward ? Mind the Gap :laugh:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I would suggest that historically Palace may have a good case to claim they have been the bigger club. Today and going forward ? Mind the Gap :laugh:
Yep, one club widely admired around the world for it's vision and top notch professionalism, the other......well never mind.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
I'm sure the gap was bigger last year, remind me how that finished...
You’re right Dan and although I will point to injuries and our manager not being in it since Xmas we have to accept you finished above us. Me, I’d rather have a 4-1 thrashing and a draw away - 4 points - than finishing above you lot but that’s just me. And every other football fan who get rivalry. But yes, you will prob still finish above us this season when the champions league push many of your fans were talking about kicks in…

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
You’re right Dan and although I will point to injuries and our manager not being in it since Xmas we have to accept you finished above us. Me, I’d rather have a 4-1 thrashing and a draw away - 4 points - than finishing above you lot but that’s just me. And every other football fan who get rivalry. But yes, you will prob still finish above us this season when the champions league push many of your fans were talking about kicks in…
I’ll be honest. Despite the taking 4 points off them and the glee of tearing them a new one at The Amex, I was heartily pissed off when we lamely rolled over and let them pass us on the run in.

I can use the reasons above and the small matter of a European tour to justify our supremacy in my own mind but we needlessly handed them some bragging rights they really should never have had.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’ll be honest. Despite the taking 4 points off them and the glee of tearing them a new one at The Amex, I was heartily pissed off when we lamely rolled over and let them pass us on the run in.

I can use the reasons above and the small matter of a European tour to justify our supremacy in my own mind but we needlessly handed them some bragging rights they really should never have had.
This and I should add hearing the Villa goal updates go in on the final day whilst watching the match reminded to never stop hating Villa as well!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This and I should add hearing the Villa goal updates go in on the final day whilst watching the match reminded to never stop hating Villa as well!
Was that worse than that awful day at Villa Park though, wasn’t it three or four games to get three points or something daft

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was that worse than that awful day at Villa Park though, wasn’t it three or four games to get three points or something daft
3 games to get 3 points…. biggest bottle jobs ever not to finish the job off

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
3 games to get 3 points…. biggest bottle jobs ever not to finish the job off
They were pissed/hung over for about a week; as were most of us fans!!

I've been told that this was the beginning of a change in approach and attitude to 'celebrating'. Even TB admitted being swept up in the euphoria which followed the Wigan game. The club senior management took their eye off the ball for just a few days but it cost them the title. It wouldn't happen again.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I've been told that this was the beginning of a change in approach and attitude to 'celebrating'. Even TB admitted being swept up in the euphoria which followed the Wigan game. The club senior management took their eye off the ball for just a few days but it cost them the title. It wouldn't happen again.
Yeah but it was unprofessional like you say. Next game fair enough but the 2 others was pretty bad especially given our lack of trophies / titles !

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Have to say it wasn’t as disappointing as the journey back from Boro but it’s up there with crap return journeys

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Lets be honest, if the roles were reversed, and we had taken 4 points ff you, but then finished below you, similar conversations would be going on. Our teams ARE of similar size and realistic projections, and as supporters, we will look for any opportunity to take any bragging rights. European Tour? Very jealous, but partly made up for by finishing 1 place higher in the table.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Lets be honest, if the roles were reversed, and we had taken 4 points ff you, but then finished below you, similar conversations would be going on. Our teams ARE of similar size and realistic projections, and as supporters, we will look for any opportunity to take any bragging rights. European Tour? Very jealous, but partly made up for by finishing 1 place higher in the table.
Tis' true but the only part I can't get my head around when talking to Palace fans is that we are "in a better place" now, most of my conversations started when we were either homeless or at Withdean, I'd say we have far better potential at this stage in our club's histories. Ours since 1901 and yours since 2010 (sorry couldn't resist @eaglesdan)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As much as I was royally pissed off that you beat us by one place, I have to say that "partly" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there.

A bit like if I was one result short of winning a £20 acca @ 5000/1 but this was partly made up by finding a tenner on the pavement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here