Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2024/25 šŸˆ

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Usual crap from the Giants.

Tied Saquon up for a quarter, then one run and it was over.

Shout out for sexy Dexy, one of the best in the league.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Congrats to the Packers who edged out my Texans in Lambeau with a last second FG. We've won like that this season, so no complaints here.

Even with the loss, it's a very useful metric of where we are.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Injured today but Winston wasnā€™t active so Dorian Thompson-Robinson replaced him. Wonder if heā€™ll be out long term.
Winston was active as he came in once they'd yanked DTR after 2 INT's šŸ˜ Was surprised that DTR was elevated to #2 tbh, considering Winston was brought in as primary backup this year, and DTR has kinda been the forgotten man in the QB saga. There was talk of using Winston as trade bait on Friday, so maybe thats why, but that'll be on the back-burner now for sure.

Hopefully JW will kick start something on the O, especially with Chubb back (please stay healthy Nick...).
With the state of our OL Im not expecting miracles - but anything has to be better than the crap weve put up with the first 7 weeks, surely?

I've been one of Watson's fiercest critics on here, but I couldn't take any pleasure seeing him go down like he did last night. I totally get booing him onto the field, I would've done myself if I was there, but it was pretty classless to be cheering him getting carted off injured, by some of the fans at the game.

Yes, Im happy hes no longer part of the squad for the rest of the season, & yes im hoping (PRAYING) this means we can somehow wriggle out of the worst deal in the history of football, but I hate seeing players get long term injuries....even him. It wouldn't surprise me, IF we can nullify his deal, that his NFL career could be finished....which I wouldn't be unhappy about.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I hope we've got insurance, but it WAS the the worst signing in the history of the NFL.
As a Seattle fan, I raise you Jadeveon Clowney, for whom we traded about 10 years worth of 1st round picks. He was good for one season, then injured for the next two, Then gone.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
What an afternoon in Washington. First of all the new ownership finally handled the honouring of a legend properly. The retiring of Darrell Green's jersey was very moving and clearly galvanised a once weary fanbase, Commanders social media has been buzzing all week and it was fantastic to see an all time great treated so well.

As for the game, it was a ruthless performance. I feared the worse when JD5 left the game and Mariota's first drive. Oh ye of little faith, Kingsbury settled the ship with a commitment to the run and once Marcus had settled in he started to cook. As a Ducks fan I was delighted to see Mariota make a valuable contribution to the victory. The return of B-Rob clearly boosted the offense and it was a joy to watch.

On the other side of the ball, the defense excelled. This much maligned unit is now growing into the season very nicely. New additions Franke Lulu and Dante Fowler were sensational and rookie Sainristril had a coming out party. Absolutely ruthless, I do not recognise this team at all.

Now on to the Bears who will present a challenge every bit as tough as the one we saw in Baltimore last week. Caleb is cooking and will be highly motivated to showcase his talent in a flexed contest. The Chicago defense is legit also. I'm going to enjoy this week as much as I can as next Sunday we face a very good opponent indeed.

Also how is Aaron Rodger's GM career going :)

Sep 22, 2024
Winston was active as he came in once they'd yanked DTR after 2 INT's šŸ˜ Was surprised that DTR was elevated to #2 tbh, considering Winston was brought in as primary backup this year, and DTR has kinda been the forgotten man in the QB saga. There was talk of using Winston as trade bait on Friday, so maybe thats why, but that'll be on the back-burner now for sure.

Hopefully JW will kick start something on the O, especially with Chubb back (please stay healthy Nick...).
With the state of our OL Im not expecting miracles - but anything has to be better than the crap weve put up with the first 7 weeks, surely?

I've been one of Watson's fiercest critics on here, but I couldn't take any pleasure seeing him go down like he did last night. I totally get booing him onto the field, I would've done myself if I was there, but it was pretty classless to be cheering him getting carted off injured, by some of the fans at the game.

Yes, Im happy hes no longer part of the squad for the rest of the season, & yes im hoping (PRAYING) this means we can somehow wriggle out of the worst deal in the history of football, but I hate seeing players get long term injuries....even him. It wouldn't surprise me, IF we can nullify his deal, that his NFL career could be finished....which I wouldn't be unhappy about.
Oh, didnā€™t see that Winston came in. I agree on the booing, I think. I suspect even Watson wouldnā€™t mind his career being over at this point. Such a horrible deal for so many reasons.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
What an afternoon in Washington. First of all the new ownership finally handled the honouring of a legend properly. The retiring of Darrell Green's jersey was very moving and clearly galvanised a once weary fanbase, Commanders social media has been buzzing all week and it was fantastic to see an all time great treated so well.
They've only just retired Darrell Greens #28 ?!?!

LONG overdue!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Oh, didnā€™t see that Winston came in. I agree on the booing, I think. I suspect even Watson wouldnā€™t mind his career being over at this point. Such a horrible deal for so many reasons.
Apologies - I've just read that Winston was inactive, but listed as the emergency #3 QB, and had to come in because DTR suffered a finger injury on his throwing hand. He could be out a while as well now, depending on the severity, so looks like its time to delve into the unemployed QB list.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here