Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2024/25 🏈

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A great win for the Bears, though Jags were poor. Still annoyed I missed the ticket release :rant:

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I tempted fate……. Poor second half, for the neutral (which I am).
Great second half (with huge bias 😅)

First half was a whirlwind, 17 unanswered points before we lost all control with a huge flurry of penalties and 20 unanswered points back.

The games against the Saints are always a fun watch with us, nice to see Evan’s and Lattimore not going at it for a change.

Now watching Falcons v Panthers, hoping Carolina can do us a favour. (Impossible 😂)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well the Jags are off-form, so you never know.

Watching a great game between the Saints and Bucs
Off form? Unfortunately that is our form. I'm going to the game next week after after watching yesterdays cluster of drops, missed tackles and penalties I'm really not looking forward to it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Feels slight harsh to see my Falcons 1-2 so far. Huge improvement from last year. Saints, buccs and Panthers next so would be nice to get through those at least 3-3
Well we have come out of the 3 divisional matches having won all 3. Now 4-2

I had hope but I didn't expect it to click.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Im wondering what it will really take for Watson to ride the pine, and for Stefanski to be in the hot seat....we're 1-5 ffs!
Only stayed in the game last night because of the blocked FG return for a TD, and a solid defensive effort.
Running game was pretty much non existent again and, although DW was efficient, his numbers weren't inspiring at all...and the penalties on offense just kept killing us.

Thank god Chubb is back next weekend.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
With Stroud-Collins Airways hamstrung for the next few weeks, thankfully Joe Mixon returned to deliver for my Texans on the ground.

Fantastic to be 5-1, but just a Net Pts total of +8. Even the 1-5 Patriots put 21 points on us.

In an underwhelming AFC South (I've said that a few times over the years on here), a trip to Green Bay next weekend should provide a very stern test.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good to see Jordan Love back at it and an excellent win for the Packers.

NFC North very competitive this year.
Just checked the standings which are ridiculous. Packers technically bottom with 4-2. No one below 0.6667 at the moment.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Enjoyable day out at the Death Star yesterday. Shame about the Jags stinking the place out but I was impressed with Da Bears who seem to growing into the season quite nicely. It was great to see Caleb Williams play in the fresh. I thought Williams was very composed and played very well, Chicago appears to have their man. I'll confess I am looking forward to their meeting with Washington with a bit more trepidation than a couple of weeks ago.

Speaking of Washington. I decided to follow the game on the hashtag #RaiseHail on the train home which was a pretty funny way to keep up with a game. Lots of hyperbolic overreaction to every play and then eventually someone may reveal what actually happened on the pitch. Having watched the game in 40 later on it just seemed that the best team won. Washington are improving at a rapid rate but Baltimore are a seasoned contender and they looked it. The Ravens offence has so many weapons it's almost impossible to keep a lid on it unless you have a really good defense, which we do not.

Another good game from Jayden who always kept the flickering flames of hope alive. Another intelligent display making tough throws in the pocket and in pressure situations chasing a game against a superior opponent. All in all a pretty good game of football and the best team won.

Also how bout dem Cowboys :)

Best wishes to Aiden Hutchinson of the Lions I really hope that is not a career ending injury.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Just found out we've traded Amari Cooper to the Bills!

So that's it, we've officially given up on this season and are stockpiling picks for next year.
The muppets have flown the white flag.
Talk of Z'Darius Smith going to Detroit as well....

The Muppet Show Muppets GIF by Muppet Wiki

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The muppets have flown the white flag.
Talk of Z'Darius Smith going to Detroit as well....

The Muppet Show Muppets GIF by Muppet Wiki
As we've officially given up and are into yet ANOTHER rebuilding phase there is a part of me that wants to see Nick Chubb traded. Not because I want him to go, far from it, but he more than any other Browns player deserves success.

At best it's going to take a year or two before we can be play-off contenders again, and even a fully-fit Chubb might be past his best by then. So I'd love to see him win a Superbowl before he retires.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Eagles really have perfectly the art of winning ugly and cluelessly!

could be a long season.

As we've officially given up and are into yet ANOTHER rebuilding phase there is a part of me that wants to see Nick Chubb traded. Not because I want him to go, far from it, but he more than any other Browns player deserves success.

At best it's going to take a year or two before we can be play-off contenders again, and even a fully-fit Chubb might be past his best by then. So I'd love to see him win a Superbowl before he retires.
As a Raiders fan, feels like we're also in another rebuild after trading Adams. Would be utterly heartbroken if we went on to trade Crosby at some point, but I think that's a long shot. There are pieces in our team to work with going into next season (Bowers, Bennett, Spillane, Glaze, Jack Jones, Deablo, Koonce) and with £108m in cap room and multiple draft picks, we'll be in a position to draft our "QB of the future". Don't like the idea of the signs pointing towards it being Shedeur Sanders, given his arrogance and the circus of Deion's ego that comes with it.

As long as we remain competitive enough for when I head to Vegas to watch us play the Falcons in December, that's the main thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here