Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC launch ASDA Boycott

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Biscuit said:
Thats the Mirror/Sun/Argus/Southern FM who else then? All email away guys dont let this drop.

How about...

Brighton & Hove Albion (this is being done in their name)
Juice FM
BBC Southern Counties Radio
BBC South
BBC South East
Meridian (Southampton AND Maidstone)
The councillors at the City council
David Panter (City Council chief executive)
Have you emailed the other supermarkets' publicity departments? They would love it?

It's not a cop out, but I'll let you do it to ensure everyone gets the same story.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If I get some flyers made up, does anyone fancy 'picketing' Asda from say Midday til 3pm on Saturday? We would have to stand on Crowhust Road, and not say anything contentious nor illegal - just the facts. It would be interesting to see if there is any reaction.

BTW Is there a lawyer on NSC? It never hurts to run the wording of these thing past a lawyer.

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
Mines been sent, I also informed them I would encourage as many as I can to boycott the new Crawley store too

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Ive just sent all mine, the miracle is that I manged to keep them clean after a skinfull in the Hove Park Tav !

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Going up there on Saturday sounds like a good plan to me. I was working there earlier this evening and no announcements went out in the 5 hours I was there, and places where petitions were are now empty. Not sure about the main ones down at the front of the shop though. Good plan about leaving the trolleys at the tills. Will cause havoc as there are generally on 1 or 2 people around who put the stuff back on the shelves, and no space to leave the full trolleys. I might pass on that though, don't wanna get fired!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nice work Hilton - shame you couldn't check out the front of store though.

Push hard for a complete retraction?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Biscuit/Turkey - get on board chaps...

asda-brighton.jpg

Last edited:

Today's Argus first edition has run the NSC boycott story on page 2. It gives the web address of the NSC for more info.

An excellent start.

"Asda manager Steve Hancock was unavailable for comment".

I bet he was!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Desert Orchid said:
I think Asda is based in Leeds (?) so it may be worth trying the Yorkshire Post and Yorkshire Evening Post.

It is. Just below the station near Tetley's Brewery

Granny Goodchild

Sep 24, 2003
For those who have shopped there recently:

"28 Day Guarantee If you are not happy with your purchase simply return it in its original condition, with proof of purchase, within 28 days of purchase and we'll give you a full refund or replacement* To qualify for an exchange or refund, products returned need to be complete with all components and original packaging. *Excludes Entertainment products

Electrical warranty We want you to be delighted with the electrical products you buy from ASDA. Therefore, in addition to our 28 Day guarantee, we guarantee all electrical products* for a year from the date of purchase. Simply return any faulty product with proof of purchase for a repair/exchange or refund. *Electrical items are defined as mains operated 220/240 volts. (N.B. this does not include mains charged products.) The ASDA Guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights"

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tremendous work people. Just goes to show when NSC feel strongly about something the juggernaught cannot be stopped. Be proud and Blue & White.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here