Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC launch ASDA Boycott

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Well done everyone. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

E-mail sent to Asda below. Keep it going.

I am a life long supporter of Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club and also a regular shopper at Asda's Ashford, Kent branch.

I am disgusted to hear on the internet of a petion organised by your Hollingbury store opposing the football clubs park and ride system.

As a result of Asda taking an anti Albion stance I will not be shopping at Asda in future and will be doing everything in my power assist in publicicing the anti Ada campaign currently circulating all the football clubs in the UK.

We have had considerable success with a previous boycott of the Wicks/Focus DIY group, I fully expect huge support from the supporters of many other football clubs.

The stupidity of the Hollingbury store manager has now alienated supporters of the national game, surely a huge proportion of your customers. I suggest that the people concerned should be immediately sacked for the bad feeling and loss of custom they have caused for your company.

I look forward to receiving your reply.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
BHA links said:

With any luck one of the bigger news organisations will pick up on it from there.

with that in mind i think i might fire off a quick email to the sun!!!

if they give guy butters on ebay coverage im sure this might get a few column inches.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
right... just spoke to the sun newsdesk, gave the bloke a brief explanation and the website addy (explained it wouldnt be linked to till tomoz sometime) and he said they'd look into it with view to running it in the paper...

MRRF 10

Raphael Meade said:
right... just spoke to the sun newsdesk, gave the bloke a brief explanation and the website addy (explained it wouldnt be linked to till tomoz sometime) and he said they'd look into it with view to running it in the paper...

know any e-mail addresses for other papers?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I've e-mailed Richard Lindfield at Southern FM.
Keep it going folks!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I have shopped there in the past but have stopped since this came to light.

Ironically I did'nt hear about this via NSC but through 2 people at work who brought up the subject in the office.

Just shows Asda that bad publicity travels fast.

I will be spreading the word amongst friends and emailing the head office as well.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Bozza said:
We can get the URL to point at Turkey's temporary page (if he has no bandwidth concerns - should be very low) and then point to NSC page when I can get it uploaded to something like

www.northstandchat.biz/boycottasda

What we need to add is:

Bit about doing your shopping somewhere else, including links (and graphics) to store locator pages of other chains.

A very sarcastic bit of text about how we absolutely do not condone people going to their local Asda shop and filling up a trolley with perishable goods before abandoning it.

I own the doamin redontheedge.com. The bandwidth should be fine. The links on the left show ASDA alternatives...but if you want to write alittle bit more about the issue then send it to me and I will stick it on the site. Ive linked nsc, but not a particalar board. The guestbook goes straight to yours...as i say u write it...ill put it up there.

btw can u but one of those ASDA logo's i made sumwhere on here? show your support!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Reliant said:

do you think that if featured it will be in the papers tommorow?

I doubt it.

I expect that they'll want to get quotes from ASDA (I wonder if the local Guy has authorisation from his Head Office for his petition?)

and maybe the Club (perhaps someone ought to email Martin Perry to warn him).

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Can we get this posted of afew teams message boards...im sure barnet etc would be happy to sing our petition! Can someone also email the club?

Jameson

e-mail sent - here's mine:

I am disgusted to hear that your store in Hollingbury, Brighton, is encouraging local people to sign a petition against a Brighton and Hove Albion football supporters park and ride scheme.

Football clubs are an integral part of the community and have been around for much longer than supermarkets.

As someone who has used your store in the past, I can assure you I will not be visiting you in the future and will be encouraging all my friends and family to do likewise.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You should be able to post and vote in that forum without being registered on NSC - sure I saw that a guest had posted - cherry something or other.

Can someone confirm?!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here