Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay charged by FA

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Umm...since when has dissent been a red card offence?

"Dissent" is a cautionable offence surely.

Yup

https://www.thefa.com/football-rule.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

Somewhat surprised that Brian Owen appears to be ignorant of the laws of the game.

When I did my refs course was always advised by the trainer any abusive language towards the ref was an instant red card, it had to be directed towards the ref though. In the 100s of games I reffed nobody really got in my face. My reds were just bad challenges and managers on the touchline

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Umm...since when has dissent been a red card offence?

"Dissent" is a cautionable offence surely.

Yup

https://www.thefa.com/football-rule.../football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

Somewhat surprised that Brian Owen appears to be ignorant of the laws of the game.

Law 12 - S6 uses offensive, insulting or abusive language: can be a red card offence and has been for sometime. Lee Cattermole was given a straight red as far back as 2012.

What Brian Owen has got wrong isn't the laws of the game (that's you :thumbsup:), it's that the charge from the FA is automatically triggered for a red card for abuse of the officials. Brian wrote that it was triggered because of swearing after the red, but regardless of that, the charge would have been issued.

I think what you are referring to is 'dissent' as a yellow, i.e. throwing the ball away in frustration, raising an imaginary card etc. Once you get into swearing at the ref, you cross the line into abuse which is a straight red card.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Nope. The single biggest problem in our game is player cheating, tolerated by managers and excused by pundits, and invisible to fans when it suits them, that makes it impossible for a ref to really judge an incident - and it happens 100 times a game. Then each individual refereeing "error" (ie when he gets a call wrong) is identified, amplified, picked apart in slo mo until it feels like refs are all shit at their jobs all the time.

Players make mistakes all game. Refs make mistakes - and more often than they did because players are such frickin' diving cheats. But it's refs that are the biggest problem? Behave.

Players swear - no problem Players swear at refs? Send them off. Refs aren't the problem here.

You didn`t need slo-mo to see that was a foul on BDB , just competency in your job , unless your suggesting Dan dived ???

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You didn`t need slo-mo to see that was a foul on BDB , just competency in your job , unless your suggesting Dan dived ???

It's pretty rare that an NSC Poll has a 98%+ rating for a "Was it a penalty" poll.
Plenty of our fans don't have permanent blue and white specs on, plus there are a few who have whatever the opposite type of specs are.
and yet, when I looked at the poll posted on Sunday it was 100% yes.

Even more surprisingly was the BBC co-commentator and pundits, who "Didn't see much in it."
What the actual **** are they on!
How can you look of the footage and not see that as a nailed on penalty.

You might as well allow shirt pulling, as it is far less of an infringement than wrestling your opponent to the ground.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's pretty rare that an NSC Poll has a 98%+ rating for a "Was it a penalty" poll.
Plenty of our fans don't have permanent blue and white specs on, plus there are a few who have whatever the opposite type of specs are.
and yet, when I looked at the poll posted on Sunday it was 100% yes.

Even more surprisingly was the BBC co-commentator and pundits, who "Didn't see much in it."
What the actual **** are they on!
How can you look of the footage and not see that as a nailed on penalty.

You might as well allow shirt pulling, as it is far less of an infringement than wrestling your opponent to the ground.

Also begs the question why players are slathering baby oil on themselves . . . it'll be PTFE spray coasting next, some of the refs already seem to have it.

hopefully someone also invents antigravity face balm.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'd like to see a zero tolerance on bad mouthing refs. They have talked about it loads, but if they properly did it that would be it. Straight red every time, no messing. Would never happen again, but for the odd nutter.

Yes, It's a shame we can't see how this page would have read if it had been an opposition player and the team performances had been reversed from Sunday.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Maupay's ban extended to a third match - he's done for the season.

[TWEET]1394339821129248771[/TWEET]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ah well - one of those things and if he wasn’t such a niggly **** he wouldn’t be the player he is. Learn from it and move on to next season. I’d like to see him as an impact sub in the main and us to sign a goal getting forward!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hang on...looking at that, he was using fouls and abusive language AFTER being sent off!

So what was he actually sent off for?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Guess we won't find out whether Potter would have used him or not. It'll stop some of the Arsenal melts wetting themselves over him again I guess.

Anyone else notice Antonio on Saturday night say to the ref "f***s sake it's the same ****ing challenge"? Laughed off by "Dre" the players friend of course.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ah well - one of those things and if he wasn’t such a niggly **** he wouldn’t be the player he is. Learn from it and move on to next season. I’d like to see him as an impact sub in the main and us to sign a goal getting forward!

This.

Young Neal with hopefully have a brand new No.9 to compete with the next time he is eligible for an EPL start with us. Food for thought for the lad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here