Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man.City vs Man.Utd

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
peter reid comments - "The letter of the law states you cannot go in 2 footed" Then says the ref shouls have shown some coomon sense and given a booking at most. ????

EErrrr Peter - The ref applied the laws of the game to the situatuion and sent him off.

Sorry but thats not in the laws of the game, can he state what page its in in the law book?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought that the word "intent" had something to do with the rules? The ball was won fairly and no contact was made between the tacklers! Wasn't even a 50/50 ball No studs raised dangerously either! Not even a foul IMHO and the ref wasn't giving it until Rooney threw his toys out of the pram?

Inconsistency among refs is ruining the game that we all love!

Nope. No intent needed. I posted the section a couple of posts back.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Nope. No intent needed. I posted the section a couple of posts back.

Fair do's mate.... Would have still been very disappointed if one of our lads got sent off in those circumstances!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I thought that the word "intent" had something to do with the rules? The ball was won fairly and no contact was made between the tacklers! Wasn't even a 50/50 ball No studs raised dangerously either! Not even a foul IMHO and the ref wasn't giving it until Rooney threw his toys out of the pram?

Inconsistency among refs is ruining the game that we all love!

None of that has any bearing any more. Before, it was not considered excessive force if the ball was won cleanly. Nowadays, any two-footed challenge for the ball is a red card offence.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Fair do's mate.... Would have still been very disappointed if one of our lads got sent off in those circumstances!

I've not seen it, so I don't know if it fits the criteria, but there is room in the law to allow two footed lunges if they are not done with excessive force, or in a dangerous manner.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I've not seen it, so I don't know if it fits the criteria, but there is room in the law to allow two footed lunges if they are not done with excessive force, or in a dangerous manner.

It wasn't even a tackle.. You need two players for that I thought? Kompany had won the loose ball before Nani even got there and NO contact was made between the two players!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here