Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hurricane Milton, Florida

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
It doesn't invalidate your point, but that video was taken in 2014 and posted on twitter back in February 2020 (if not before):-

Love the way that, at the end, there's a guy pulled up in what looks like a mini as if he's having a sandwich and hot drink from his flask whilst watching the tornados pass.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I'm more worried about my local forecast for BN25!
Screenshot_20241010-072952_Chrome.jpg

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
I've just seen forecast for BN1. It's the same It must be an error ?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Ignorance is a good description of your blind spot as plenty of media are explaining why this particular hurricane is an issue.

You are correct in asserting that there have always been hurricanes/tornadoes. But the ‘new’ thing is power rather than frequency so much. In terms of media coverage, this isn’t quantum physics so the observer does not affect the outcome.

The sea is too warm. The warmer the sea, the more powerful the hurricane. 165mph winds and 15ft storm surges have not always happened.

I suspect the Daily Mail and Sun have come up with non-scientific reasons why the sea is too warm but the overwhelming scientific consensus is it’s down to global warming, as ‘woke’ as that probably sounds to you.
Thank you for your detailed explanation. 👍

Sadly I see the Tampa Baseball Stadium Dome Roof has been destroyed, had a great evening with the family watching the Tampa Bay Rays a few years ago 😞

Last edited:

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just got up. Is it as bad as was expected ?
Nah, everything has been downgraded, however the storm surge has yet to really arrive, the news in America is really doing what they do best, making it more dramatic than it is (NBC reporter live in a t-shirt and baseball cap telling the public signs are banging due to the wind & a garage door blew open on it's own, that is how powerful the storm is.) buildings get shredded every year, this is not as big as expected yet.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've just seen forecast for BN1. It's the same It must be an error ?
Been discussed on radio 5.

Apparently there is a 'glitch'.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here