Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hurricane Milton, Florida

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Slept through it too, got up in morning to see a tree had blown over and roots lifted half our driveway, with step dad insisting I should stay home and not do my paper round but me worried I'd get boot if I didn't turn up.

did turn up and newsagents was unsurprisingly closed for day!
I had just started my apprenticeship and really struggled to get to work just to find a closed factory.
If only there had been a works WhatsApp group back then🤣

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Watch it, I asked this question earlier and got beat down as a right wing thick as mince retard
That is an extraordinary thing to say - why bring politics into this or suggest that you were called “thick’ or was ‘beaten down”

You certainly were NOT called a “mince retard” or even treated like one.

What a terrible accusation to make. 😳

At what point do you say “This location is not suitable for habitation due to adverse and changing weather conditions”?
Problem is, these storms can make landfall anywhere around the Gulf - it would be unrealistic for example to depopulate eg Huston (the “energy capital of the World”), or the entire States of Georgia and Florida - the strongest hurricanes are literally 100s of miles wide with the outer bands often being the most destructive in dumping excessive life threatening amounts of rain as the storms move inland - this hurricane set off numerous tornadoes to, which also can touch down hundreds of miles from the eye of the storm.

Even though this was not a worst case scenario, it was still a very destructive storm, claimed multiple lives and caused billions $ in damages.

Helene‘s impacts spread throughout North and South Carolina

Where does everyone go when they evacuate the towns??
Those without cars or family/friends to go to, bed down in shelters in towns out of the evacuation zone and churches mostly.
And the cost…. Just Insurance alone must be astronomical.. or maybe not even viable in hurricane corridor areas.

Devastating

In terms of personal insurance many people have no insurance because they cant afford the premiums.

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I noticed that the front page of the BBC website has an article debunking the conspiracy theory that this storm was man made by the Democrats for some reason.

I mean ... for f*** sake ... the fact that we're even having to go to the effort to disprove this is completely alarming.

Just how stupid? Just how ignorant would you have to be to believe this? America, a superpower fading on the basis of it's own obesity and stupidity

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That is an extraordinary thing to say - why bring politics into this or suggest that you were called “thick’ or was ‘beaten down”

You certainly were NOT called a “mince retard” or even treated like one.

What a terrible accusation to make. 😳
Hi, I was not referring to your reply (post 149) which if must say put me in my place and I apologised in post 161 to you.

I was referring to but the below (post 152)
Ignore right wing thick as mince trolls.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Hi, I was not referring to your reply (post 149) which if must say put me in my place and I apologised in post 161 to you.

I was referring to but the below (post 152)
Sorry I wasn’t trying to ‘put you in your place’ - guess I was concerned about family affected by Helene and others on this thread have been personally affected by Milton so maybe my thoughts are with that (I did see your apology and gave it a thumbs up).

I’m shocked though reading the response to my post in #152 that you pointed out - maybe it was a dig at me because the poster thought my post implied that I was treating you like that?

Or 🤔 I’m being wooshed by both of you and it was as a joke because I find it hard to believe that particular poster would call you a “mince retard” in all seriousness or even think I that I would treat you as one .

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sorry I wasn’t trying to ‘put you in your place’ - guess I was concerned about family affected by Helene and others on this thread have been personally affected by Milton so maybe my thoughts are with that (I did see your apology and gave it a thumbs up).

I’m shocked though reading the response to my post in #152 that you pointed out - maybe it was a dig at me because the poster thought my post implied that I was treating you like that?

Or 🤔 I’m being wooshed by both of you and it was as a joke because I find it hard to believe that particular poster would call you a “mince retard” in all seriousness or even think I that I would treat you as one .
It is what it is, and I am not trying wooosh anyone.

Have a good evening.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It is what it is, and I am not trying wooosh anyone.

Have a good evening.
Ok - as long as we are good and you don’t think I was treating you like a “retard” or a “thick” or a troll because I don’t think you are any of those things. I’m shocked than anyone else would.

Have a good evening yourself.

Im just off to celebrate my Mum’s 90th birthday x

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
A baseball stadium hasn't seen such destruction in October since.....the D'backs hit four home runs in an inning against the Dodgers in last season's play-offs!
A: Its a good job its the end of the season....
B: Its a good job they are wanting a new ballpark....
C: Baseball should always be played outside anyway! 😁

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I noticed that the front page of the BBC website has an article debunking the conspiracy theory that this storm was man made by the Democrats for some reason.

I mean ... for f*** sake ... the fact that we're even having to go to the effort to disprove this is completely alarming.

Just how stupid? Just how ignorant would you have to be to believe this? America, a superpower fading on the basis of it's own obesity and stupidity

I'm waiting for some dingo to provide links to spurious evidence 'proving' that it's true

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

What's even worse..... during the big hurricanes when Trump was president, they forgot to turn off the government weather generator.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here