Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Georginio Rutter - singed 19/8/24

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, he does give the ball away a fair bit. Not because he's not technically good enough - he certainly is, and then some - but because he's almost always looking for the high risk high reward option. A little too often if he's eventually going to be the ooba-dooba-good player he could turn into, but he'll learn.

I'm very curious what on earth we're doing with him whem Joao Pedro and eventually O'Riley are back. Some say he should play on the right wing instead of Minteh, but he just doesn't look like a winger to me. Maybe central midfield.

In games isn’t Rutter occupying the positions Gross used to occupy?

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
I’m a bit perplexed with people in here saying Rutter has had terrible games. I can’t think of any game he’s been awful. Maybe average at worst and he’s been been pretty tidy in a few, and a match winner in one.
I think it’s the high price tag. Which we need to get over. I am guilty of feeling like he’s hadn’t done much in a very short space of time. But I also trust our recruitment. He was immense Sunday and looks a decent acquisition.

I’ll say it now - Gruda will be an absolute steal too.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
In games isn’t Rutter occupying the positions Gross used to occupy?
Some of them sure, but I don't think he could play in a defensive midfield role like Gross did at various times and seasons. He needs a balance player or two behind him in midfield even if he would play deeper than he has so far. I'd be quite nervous with him as a DMC.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some of them sure, but I don't think he could play in a defensive midfield role like Gross did at various times and seasons. He needs a balance player or two behind him in midfield even if he would play deeper than he has so far. I'd be quite nervous with him as a DMC.

I hated seeing poor old Gross having to dig deep, playing deep for much of last season. He was f@cked doing it, trying to do everything. Peak Gross was having any two of Biss, Mwepu, Macca or Caicedo behind him. Come May he was running on empty.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I hated seeing poor old Gross having to dig deep, playing deep for much of last season. He was f@cked doing it, trying to do everything. Peak Gross was having any two of Biss, Mwepu, Macca or Caicedo behind him. Come May he was running on empty.
I think he was great overall. Him and Billy did a good job considering they are a fairly incompatible midfield duo, with both of them kind of needing a more destructive player as a midfield partner.

But yea, Gross was poor in the final two months. Playing everything and everywhere for us while doing the same for Germany was probably just a bit too much.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think he was great overall. Him and Billy did a good job considering they are a fairly incompatible midfield duo, with both of them kind of needing a more destructive player as a midfield partner.

But yea, Gross was poor in the final two months. Playing everything and everywhere for us while doing the same for Germany was probably just a bit too much.

I’m not blaming PG at all, it was all understandable.

I hated (not the individuals, obviously) that centre midfield last season. So easy to play against, to over power, to outpace.

With the odd gem where the opposite was true eg 4-1 over CP.

Professor Plum

NSC Patron
Jul 27, 2024
After Pascal reappeared on Sunday I amused myself by going back on NSC and checking out some of the stuff that was said about him here before he became Herr Reliable. And Welbeck too. Honestly, it was painful and embarrassing to read. I'd forgotten just how much negativity there was at the early stages of their Albion careers.

So how about we give Georginio a little love, eh? As it happens, I think he’s done pretty well, from those barrelling runs when he first came on against Man Utd before we scored the winner, to his polished performance and goal against Tottenham. He’s been really good, and will become IMO really great.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
After Pascal reappeared on Sunday I amused myself by going back on NSC and checking out some of the stuff that was said about him here before he became Herr Reliable. And Welbeck too. Honestly, it was painful and embarrassing to read. I'd forgotten just how much negativity there was at the early stages of their Albion careers.

So how about we give Georginio a little love, eh? As it happens, I think he’s done pretty well, from those barrelling runs when he first came on against Man Utd before we scored the winner, to his polished performance and goal against Tottenham. He’s been really good, and will become IMO really great.

Rutter has been quality for several games now. Defences are finding him a nightmare.

The posters you’re talking about imho were/are too obsessed with the fee.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I’m not blaming PG at all, it was all understandable.

I hated (not the individuals, obviously) that centre midfield last season. So easy to play against, to over power, to outpace.

With the odd gem where the opposite was true eg 4-1 over CP.
Yeah it was broken because the Dahoud signing didn't work out. He was supposed to be a fit, fully grown body in there.

Some say Roberto should have played Baleba more but I don't know about that. Its like Potter with Caicedo or Hughton with Bissouma, the last thing you want is a kiddo running around losing balls between our midfield and defence. Its not like the attacking roles where you can pretty just throw someone in.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah it was broken because the Dahoud signing didn't work out. He was supposed to be a fit, fully grown body in there.

Some say Roberto should have played Baleba more but I don't know about that. Its like Potter with Caicedo or Hughton with Bissouma, the last thing you want is a kiddo running around losing balls between our midfield and defence. Its not like the attacking roles where you can pretty just throw someone in.

I agree. Baleba’s game time has been pretty much spot on, from all concerned.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
OT the way this is going but just to say I really loved his goal. Yes it was a fabulous finish but more than that I really enjoyed how he didn't just ride the challenge but used the momentum of it to create space for himself.
There's a lot of things you can learn in football but that sort of kinaesthetic instinct I don't think is one of them.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
OT the way this is going but just to say I really loved his goal. Yes it was a fabulous finish but more than that I really enjoyed how he didn't just ride the challenge but used the momentum of it to create space for himself.
There's a lot of things you can learn in football but that sort of kinaesthetic instinct I don't think is one of them.
Kinaesthetic wins Word Of The Month.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Feel free to bounce posts

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Which one?

He's started 4 games. He was fine against Ipswich and Forrest, was good against Chelsea and excellent against Tottenham.

Have you considered opening your eyes at any point whilst watching the game?

Brighton don’t win = Rutter must’ve let us down :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here