Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Georginio Rutter - singed 19/8/24

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Which one?

He's started 4 games. He was fine against Ipswich and Forrest, was good against Chelsea and excellent against Tottenham.

Have you considered opening your eyes at any point whilst watching the game?

Please do not try to tarnish someone's opinion with facts. This is NSC. Facts are irrelevant and misleading.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He cost £40m meaning he should be contributing 13.333333333 X more per game than Groß ever did clearly.

I’d like to put on nsc record now, reiterating what I’ve said for weeks, that I really, really rate Rutter. For when people trawl this thread in the future for naysayers. :lol:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Brighton don’t win = Rutter must’ve let us down :lol:
Oh come on! You can't put Brighton defeats down to just one man! That's grossly unfair and unreasonable. It's not his fault.

The whole recruitment team blowing £200M up the chimney, on the other hand ............................
:lolol: :wink:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Imagine if that was Hinshelwood at left back knowing how this plays out. We’d still be hearing about it now.
Only from one specific poster.

Hinshelwood gets given more leeway among posters on here to make mistakes than anyone else in the team. Given he's a Sussex lad with a great attitude and an Albion family dynasty, I get it and am not criticising.

He gets the amount of leeway we should be affording all of the youngsters.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Hinshelwood gets given more leeway among posters on here to make mistakes than anyone else in the team. Given he's a Sussex lad with a great attitude and an Albion family dynasty, I get it and am not criticising.

I think there could well have been a few others queuing up too (especially if we lost!).

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

He will get more shit when he has a dip in form for the very same reasons. Would be absolutely slaugthered if he had a year similar to the one Enciso has had.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I thought that Rutter's assist for the winner was a combination of a lucky ricochet and persistence in getting the cross in, but having seen the close up replays on the official site that was some seriously impressive skill on the ball! We have ourselves a player!
Yes we, to think Leeds fan’s thought they had robbed us blind when we bought him and their nickname for him was the puppy, because they thought he ran around excitedly without doing anything.

shows what they know.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I thought that Rutter's assist for the winner was a combination of a lucky ricochet and persistence in getting the cross in, but having seen the close up replays on the official site that was some seriously impressive skill on the ball! We have ourselves a playe!
Yes, his reactions, particularly when the ball was in 50-50 territory and he poked it through the defenders legs, incredible! Like you I thought at the time it was a bit fluky but it was 100% quick and instinctive football.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, his reactions, particularly when the ball was in 50-50 territory and he poked it through the defenders legs, incredible! Like you I thought at the time it was a bit fluky but it was 100% quick and instinctive football.

Fearless too. For the winner, I think it was Maddison who closed in for the final challenge, who was as weak as dishwater.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well, he does give the ball away a fair bit. Not because he's not technically good enough - he certainly is, and then some - but because he's almost always looking for the high risk high reward option. A little too often if he's eventually going to be the ooba-dooba-good player he could turn into, but he'll learn.

I'm very curious what on earth we're doing with him whem Joao Pedro and eventually O'Riley are back. Some say he should play on the right wing instead of Minteh, but he just doesn't look like a winger to me. Maybe central midfield.
I think he get’s into our best 11 which, if Hürzeler ever apes his St Pauli formation and tactics, should be……

—Mitoma————Pedro————March—
Estupiñán—Rutter——-O’Riley—-Kadıoğlu
———-Dunk——-Baleba—-Van Hecke——
———————Verbruggen———————

Rutter and O’Riley had insane assist figures last season. Seeing them in the same team will be fun.

But for the time being, we’re more lightly to see this team…….

———————-Welbeck———————
Mitoma———-—Rutter—————Minteh
————Hinshelwood—Baleba————-
Estupiñán—-Igor——-Dunk——-Veltman
———————-Verbruggen——————

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think he get’s into our best 11 which, if Hürzeler ever apes his St Pauli formation and tactics, should be……

—Mitoma————Pedro————March—
Estupiñán—Rutter——-O’Riley—-Kadıoğlu
———-Dunk——-Baleba—-Van Hecke——
———————Verbruggen———————

Rutter and O’Riley had insane assist figures last season. Seeing them in the same team will be fun.

But for the time being, we’re more lightly to see this team…….

———————-Welbeck———————
Mitoma———-—Rutter—————Minteh
————Hinshelwood—Baleba————-
Estupiñán—-Igor——-Dunk——-Veltman
———————-Verbruggen——————
Best 11, you say? ??? :wink:

We are all perhaps not quite sure what is happening at the club, after a window where we spent more money than any club. In the world.

I am thinking that the owner and team realize that we need a big squad of first team types if we are going to be able to play in Europe (again) and challenge for cups.

Bumley got into Europe and it killed them. Aside from some odd outcomes (Wigan, Swansea, Portsmouth, Leicester) nearly everything has been won by Chelsea, Citeh, ManU Liverpool and the Arse in the last 20 years. Even Spuds and Toon win nothing.

If we are going to step up we have to move beyond a best 11.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Does he play when JP gets back?
I think the original plan was Joao Pedro up front and one of our 83 attacking midfielders (with Rutter or O'Riley or Gruda as the main options) behind him. Danny Welbeck has made things complicated though.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
He will get more shit when he has a dip in form for the very same reasons. Would be absolutely slaugthered if he had a year similar to the one Enciso has had.
I'd hope the fan base would be more forgiving. People haven't turned on Dunk despite his form being worse than a couple of seasons ago.

I think the attitude thing goes a very long way too. Enciso often comes across as a bit petulant, so many haven't warmed to him.

Rutter is getting more heat purely due to his price tag. The same thing happened to Caicedo when he moved to Chelsea and didn't immediately play like the best player in the league. He's performing well now but got a lot of flak for a while.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Or … we’re covered fairly well for injuries/suspensions?
Yeah well that is certainly the case. But we do have too many attacking players. I would be very surprised if we don't see someone like Enciso or Ferguson (or both) going out on loan in January. They're hardly playing as it is and then we have some £100m of attacking players sidelined. Obviously it will pretty much NEVER happen that EVERYONE is fit, but even a small improvement in injury situation and someone like Fergie ends up not even making the bench.

A little bit of trimming - 1 or 2 out - is needed and likely to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here