Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Wtf - have you ever been to a football match anywhere else? Football fans react angrily to throwing away a two goal lead at the death shocker

Ffs man of course folk were pissed off

being pissed off is one thing . . . offensively abusing all and sundry is just ignorant juvenile idiocy.

I'll file you in that department.

good day.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Glad they scored their first so late on. We'd have lost that game if it had happened sooner.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I got a sinking feeling when the commentator said Brighton haven’t conceded a goal in the last 15 minutes this season. I screamed, shut the f*** up!

I felt similarly when a third of the NS sang “You’re fkn shit” not longer after Evan scored.

They weren’t, they’d spent 30 minute controlling the game and causing all sorts of goalscoring opportunities.

It felt a tad premature.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
being pissed off is one thing . . . offensively abusing all and sundry is just ignorant juvenile idiocy.

I'll file you in that department.

good day.
You can do if you want, but I don't react angrily particularly. I've been to enough football in my time though to know that the way some (very, very few in reality judging by my walk to the station and journey home) reacted today does not mean we have an emerging/expanding idiotic fanbase - all fanbases have a minority who react in an ott manner

Nice use of the term 'melt' too, btw, while we're on the topic of juvenile behaviour

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Prior to today, we hadn't conceded a goal beyond the 70th minute. So being two up on 88, it would have been a reasonable assumption that we'd see that out, but no. Of course we didn't, because we were playing against bottom 3 junk on a 5 match losing streak, so it should have been entirely predictable. But even by our standards, the creative extent to which we absolutely shat the bed today almost defies belief.

That was historic.

I still can’t get over the fact that if, once he got the ball, if Wieffer had decided nah I’m not going to pick out those 4 players I’m going to hoof it over the North Stand into the half finished fanzone, we would have won the game and be in third place

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Just back from the game - not much I can add to what has been said. We really need to invest in some decent defenders and learn game management.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
I still can’t get over the fact that if, once he got the ball, if Wieffer had decided nah I’m not going to pick out those 4 players I’m going to hoof it over the North Stand into the half finished fanzone, we would have won the game and be in third place
100000000 per cent this that ball lands in falmer station we win

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Agree, Carlos has come on leaps and bounds why? Because he is getting plenty of PL game time we can’t expect Wieffer to settle in and play superbly with a few minutes here and there in a new league. TB apparently has chased him for two seasons are we saying he’s wrong on this one? I will reserve judgement.
Yes, he's got this one wrong. As with Locadia, Agustein and Jahanbaksh he is clearly nowhere near Prem standard. That 4 v 1 mess today was unforgivable.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here