Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Paranoid Android

Mar 4, 2023
The 'you know what you are' song was apparently aimed at us in that respect, according to a Wolves fan I know (she was disgusted).
Yeah that was one of a few I heard, didn’t take much to figure out what they meant unfortunately. Not punishable as well I’m sure due to the lack of specificity, you’ve got to admire their creativity

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Agree, Carlos has come on leaps and bounds why? Because he is getting plenty of PL game time we can’t expect Wieffer to settle in and play superbly with a few minutes here and there in a new league. TB apparently has chased him for two seasons are we saying he’s wrong on this one? I will reserve judgement.
I think Wieffer needs to start some games if he's ever going to get the pace. That's a risk, but so is bringing him on against opponents chasing the game.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The frustration of the result has been overshadowed by the Wolves fans walking up and down near the queue for the park & ride singing homophobic songs.

I’ve no doubt that there were other incidents like that during the game as I saw something going on in the East stand partyway through the second half as well.

Some police eventually corralled them but it didn’t look like they were getting much of a telling off.

I’m queer myself and seeing such brazen behaviour at our home, out in the open, unopposed and unpunished, has left me feeling strangely emotional and uncomfortable.

A rotten end to a disappointing day.
That’s awful. As the sagely Frank Skinner said “I love being in Wolverhampton. It’s the only place where I feel fashionable.”

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
It’s about time anywhere North of Watford caught up with the 20th century.
So what if we were all gay no one cares apart from Northerners, twats.
For balance I met a few Wolves fans today and they were all really nice. And in general I've found their vibe pretty laid back.

Surprised about that chant though I have to say because it was coming fr a very big number of them.

I wonder what their gay fans think of that.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
It’s about time anywhere North of Watford caught up with the 20th century.
So what if we were all gay no one cares apart from Northerners, twats.
The song was audible - and were not all gay - I want to know what the song was? I heard the ‘you know what you are’ but not the rest - surely it wasn’t homophobic being that loud?!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If I had 20p for every bed wetting melt I heard whingeing whilst walking out after the match (actually finished, not at 2-1) I'd have enough to have had a free day out and a decent bottle of wine with my dinner
it really is pathetic

as I got in the car Radio Sussex was on and they read out a message from someone saying we need a new striker desperately in January.

Warren said, well we have 2, and they both scored today. . . .

We have an emerging/expanding entitled idiotic fanbase.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Hey ho… ball breakingly frustrating to come away with a point, BUT we’ve taken points off some top teams already… why not Liverpool?

Delighted for Evan - hopefully more to follow.

It’s football, last week we loved it, this week we hate it… that said tbh 4 points from the two performances we’ve had… not a bad return at all.

It’s just a game… onward!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I thought that the pitch looked heavy today, certainly our short passing wasn't as crisp as usual.

Really should have scored from the four on one. I didn't see who cocked up the pass, but when you have three people over there really isn't a problem putting more weight on it than is needed to reach the first of them.

And as for the failure to close down their 10...

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
If I had 20p for every bed wetting melt I heard whingeing whilst walking out after the match (actually finished, not at 2-1) I'd have enough to have had a free day out and a decent bottle of wine with my dinner
it really is pathetic

as I got in the car Radio Sussex was on and they read out a message from someone saying we need a new striker desperately in January.

There were some proper bonkers takes for sure. People really need to try, a bit to manage their nervous systems a little bit better. Everyone gets gutted in the moment but some of the shouts are horrendous.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
The song was audible - and were not all gay - I want to know what the song was? I heard the ‘you know what you are’ but not the rest - surely it wasn’t homophobic being that loud?!
It was as heard it in the Que they where just very lucky I had my 10 year old daughter and 10 year old nephew with me, and no will not posting the”lyrics “

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
it really is pathetic

Wtf - have you ever been to a football match anywhere else? Football fans react angrily to throwing away a two goal lead at the death shocker

Ffs man of course folk were pissed off

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
it really is pathetic

Indeed.

Some young lad next to me in the train queue, tslking on his phone:

"That is the worst thing I have ever seen. UNFORGIVEABLE!!!"

Must be nice to be that naive.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Wtf - have you ever been to a football match anywhere else? Football fans react angrily to throwing away a two goal lead at the death shocker

Ffs man of course folk were pissed off

being pissed off is one thing . . . offensively abusing all and sundry is just ignorant juvenile idiocy.

I'll file you in that department.

good day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here