Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I don't think it is entitled, I think it is that more expectation due to our massive learning curve. Especially when we spend circa £200m in a single window. These players are not duds and it certainly isn't the new managers fault Weiffer can't pass a ball!
I think perhaps Wieffer lacks a bit of footballing intelligence at times - he pairs better with older players like Milner but he has talent - he was impressive against Everton in the first match of the season.
F**king hell, how to confuse me! :lolol:

2nd reply to original thread...... Ah, now you've changed the thread title, removed the pic & edited the post, I don't feel so stupid anymore! :lolol:
Eh? The mods deleted my thread along with my explaination of why it was edited initially! - I thought I was quoting you on this thread. I had no idea your original post was directed at me because the mods merged the thread - I didn’t request them to! I thought your comment was a general one about the bedwetters - I just asked ‘what you were missing?’ and said tongue in cheek that ‘I missed the end of the match! :ffsparr:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Didn’t his game unravel? Repeatedly giving the ball away 30 yards out, trying to be too smart.
That’s a painfully simplistic way of looking at things. The second half was tactically incompetent from our manager - Baleba was totally isolated due to Wolves’ changes, and it basically gave him no outlets. He’s a brilliant footballer, but he’s not Superman. He can’t always pick up the ball and beat 3 men to get us up the pitch, all on his own.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
…Are we… Spurs?

IMG_3855.jpeg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That’s a painfully simplistic way of looking at things. The second half was tactically incompetent from our manager - Baleba was totally isolated due to Wolves’ changes, and it basically gave him no outlets. He’s a brilliant footballer, but he’s not Superman. He can’t always pick up the ball and beat 3 men to get us up the pitch, all on his own.

Baleba’s been amazing, much loved here. Second half his game deteriorated, dithering in dangerous places. Not the only one, our pass completion looked like it dropped off a cliff.

And I don’t by the cop out that that Wolves caused it all with greatness.

We weren’t cute. Them pushing forward left an empty half to be exploited, at the very least for Albion game management.

Honourable exceptions to Welbeck and Rutter, Nouri won’t want to play against Rutter anytime soon.

Last edited:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
That’s because our new manager’s system leaves him totally isolated and trying to run the midfield all on his own. Quite frankly, he’s been ridiculously good considering the pressure the system puts on him.
I do wonder why he has the Ayari role so far from the baleba role. We were talking about that today. I would say it works well in certain instances, having a ball player high up. As the game went on and their legs went they need to get together and tighten up. I suppose he brings weiffer on to be like for like but we'd started losing control of midfield long before that.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Not sure what the feck that second half was about but everything that was done well in the first just didn’t materialise aside from the first 5 mins or so. Ferdi was putting some delicious balls into the box in the first and Baleba was magnificent but the whole team seemed to lose all intensity and focus in the second allowing Wolves to build up a real head of steam. Fantastic goal from Evan and hopefully will give him the confidence to get back to his old self. Gruda should not have been bought on and the less said about fouronone gate the better. Can’t help but think if Dunk and Welbeck had been on the pitch then those last 10 mins may have played out differently. Extremely frustrating result.
"Fourononegate" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm stealing that.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If Fab can get this squad playing at the same intensity for 90 minutes, we're going to be some team.

Yet to see a game where we don't go cometely off the boil for 30 minutes.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
First half was our most dominant performances of the season.

Welbeck scored AGAIN

Baleba was outstanding

Igor is proving himself as an able replacement should JPVH or Dunky get injured.

Ferguson off the mark with an excellent finish.

Ayari superb and has come on leaps and bounds.

Estupinian finally looks back to his best.

But keep focusing on those negatives 2 mins if it makes you feel better.
It’s the frustration of not beating teams below us at home it has to be a mentality issue within the squad. Top teams see the game out we become a panicky mess. Chalk and cheese halves of football aren’t going to get us to where we want to be.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It’s the frustration of not beating teams below us at home it has to be a mentality issue within the squad. Top teams see the game out we become a panicky mess. Chalk and cheese halves of football aren’t going to get us to where we want to be.
It's not that - today - it's that we were 2 - 0 up, with not long to go. I'd have been gutted to end 2 -2 against Man City, in the same scenario
Wasted a win...simple as that.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think perhaps Wieffer lacks a bit of footballing intelligence at times - he pairs better with older players like Milner but he has talent - he was impressive against Everton in the first match of the season.

Eh? The mods deleted my thread along with my explaination of why it was edited initially! - I thought I was quoting you on this thread. I had no idea your original post was directed at me because the mods merged the thread - I didn’t request them to! I thought your comment was a general one about the bedwetters - I just asked ‘what you were missing?’ and said tongue in cheek that ‘I missed the end of the match! :ffsparr:
Agree, Carlos has come on leaps and bounds why? Because he is getting plenty of PL game time we can’t expect Wieffer to settle in and play superbly with a few minutes here and there in a new league. TB apparently has chased him for two seasons are we saying he’s wrong on this one? I will reserve judgement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here