Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Wolverhampton Wanderers *** Official Match Thread ***

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The more I look at this the angrier I get. There are two options; draw the defender and hit the overlapping player on the right who squares it for a tap in or the two pricks pouring forward on the left have a quick think, drop in and the ball goes to the player on the right who takes it into the corner.

Unforgivable schoolboy football that would never have happened under RDZ or Potter. Or with a professional footballer who could play a straight five yard pass.
I'm furious and it is unforgivable schoolboy football but it could have happened under any manager. It's a mistake from one player - no more no less.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Today the subs made no sense

We were bloody awful from not long after half time, the relegation candidates had us on a string in open play and their plethora of high balls to the usual giants caused all sorts of problems. An unpleasant watch. Verbruggen the savior and their numbers 9 and 10 were poor finishers.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The more I look at this the angrier I get. There are two options; draw the defender and hit the overlapping player on the right who squares it for a tap in or the two pricks pouring forward on the left have a quick think, drop in and the ball goes to the player on the right who takes it into the corner.

Unforgivable schoolboy football that would never have happened under RDZ or Potter. Or with a professional footballer who could play a straight five yard pass.
Yeah

But shit happens sometimes.
There are far worse positions to be in.

And Wolves move one point closer to Palace.

Swings and roundabouts

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Danny scored again, Fergie got a goal finally after Yonks. I should be chuffed but I am not. Am I getting entitled?
I don't think it is entitled, I think it is that more expectation due to our massive learning curve. Especially when we spend circa £200m in a single window. These players are not duds and it certainly isn't the new managers fault Weiffer can't pass a ball!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Had a family in front of me today who clearly were attending their first game. Don’t think they were impressed with my foul mouthed outburst after watching us stand off for their second. That’s probably it for them!
Still haven’t seen a win in person this season.

Felt like a loss but glad Fergie got back on the scoresheet, the celebration showed how much of a relief it was for him.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
What are you missing?

Well I missed the final minutes of the match and missed us self destructing on a 2-0 lead.

How tf did we give a team at the bottom of the table literally a gift of 2 goals 2 minutes before full time??
F**king hell, how to confuse me! :lolol:

2nd reply to original thread...... Ah, now you've changed the thread title, removed the pic & edited the post, I don't feel so stupid anymore! :lolol:
I just couldn't work out what I was missing from the picture! My body of slow running water went as well but I have back ups & radio Sussex is always on standby.

New reply (so I don't actually sound like I've been banging my head on the desk).... 'Tis the Brighton way and was ever thus. I can now point out to Jnr (for the 500th time) that supporting Brighton is a permanent roller coaster, anything can happen & never expect to win against the teams at the bottom. Another 10 years & he'll start working that out. ;)

Last edited:

Paranoid Android

Mar 4, 2023
The frustration of the result has been overshadowed by the Wolves fans walking up and down near the queue for the park & ride singing homophobic songs.

I’ve no doubt that there were other incidents like that during the game as I saw something going on in the East stand partyway through the second half as well.

Some police eventually corralled them but it didn’t look like they were getting much of a telling off.

I’m queer myself and seeing such brazen behaviour at our home, out in the open, unopposed and unpunished, has left me feeling strangely emotional and uncomfortable.

A rotten end to a disappointing day.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I'm furious and it is unforgivable schoolboy football but it could have happened under any manager. It's a mistake from one player - no more no less.
I think that ending was the result of having lots of kids on the pitch and not galvanising and holding the lead after it went 2-1. We were visibly nervy and there was an irritating sense of inevitability.

Much less chance of that slide with Gross or Dunk on the pitch. They really need to learn from it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The frustration of the result has been overshadowed by the Wolves fans walking up and down near the queue for the park & ride singing homophobic songs.

I’ve no doubt that there were other incidents like that during the game as I saw something going on in the East stand partyway through the second half as well.

Some police eventually corralled them but it didn’t look like they were getting much of a telling off.

I’m queer myself and seeing such brazen behaviour at our home, out in the open, unopposed and unpunished, has left me feeling strangely emotional and uncomfortable.

A rotten end to a disappointing day.
The 'you know what you are' song was apparently aimed at us in that respect, according to a Wolves fan I know (she was disgusted).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here