Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Swansea City *** Official Match Thread ***

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
:facepalm:

Best tell Foden Man City and England player who did that after he scored a marvellous goal against us in final home game of last season…or does one ear not count

The fact you don’t understand the difference between one of the best England players in a generation and Aaron Connolly is quite worrying.

The point is, Connolly has proved absolutely **** all at our level yet. He hasn’t earnt the right to such a celebration yet. Not even close.

Foden is a top, top class player, was getting some shit from our fans and scored a world class goal. SLIGHT difference.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not sanctimonious, I'm sensible.

Guy scores two goals that wins the game... "*schelotto* I dont like his goal celebration *schelotto*"
You continue to struggle.

If it was all about his goal celebration, there wouldn't be an issue. The suspicion - given his off field conduct and absence of first team goals for well over a year - is that it might represent an attitude problem.

And making this point here is the whole point of the forum. Where else is it supposed to be said?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What a very, very strange post.

As an Albion fan, I absolutely care that he scored the two goals that enabled us to win a cup match and advance to the next round.
I was meaning all the ear cupping nonsense that has taken up most of this thread, it’s not really that strange is it?

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Always in with a chance, who knows what team Leicester may put out

Exactly. They've got European football to distract them. At first I was disappointed with that but it could have been a hell of a lot worse. It's Kelechi Iheanaco that's a nightmare. Probably the most underrated striker in the Premier League.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The fact you don’t understand the difference between one of the best England players in a generation and Aaron Connolly is quite worrying.

The point is, Connolly has proved absolutely **** all at our level yet. He hasn’t earnt the right to such a celebration yet. Not even close.

Foden is a top, top class player, was getting some shit from our fans and scored a world class goal. SLIGHT difference.

LOL…player cups ears at opposition fans ..cue outrage …extra LOL

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was meaning all the ear cupping nonsense that has taken up most of this thread, it’s not really that strange is it?

No it’s not strange at all. It’s completely in-keeping with what we’ve seen from Connolly previously.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Great, measured, well thought out response.

So you think Connolly is at the same level as Foden then? You genuinely can’t see the (gigantic) difference between the two situations?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well, in fairness, highlights do indeed confirm it was aimed at Swansea fans and their dog tonight. Seems he's indiscriminate.

Let's hope he can come up with a more appropriate celebration (and that we get to see it more often).

Group hug, everyone?
Good news then. Glad to hear it, because this club has been supportive towards him given his off field conduct, imo.

I just hope this is one step back on the road to bring a useful premier League striker. He's shown some ability and his second really was a lovely finish. Just needs to work hard I think.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You continue to struggle.

If it was all about his goal celebration, there wouldn't be an issue. The suspicion - given his off field conduct and absence of first team goals for well over a year - is that it might represent an attitude problem.

And making this point here is the whole point of the forum. Where else is it supposed to be said?

So did Duffy, and he’s come good.

It’s like some fans want him to fail, so they can be proved right in not liking him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Plenty of room at the Etihad.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You are not pleased for him or you wouldnt be desperately looking for flaws.

Bit more professional?
Like who, Jamie Vardy?
Steven Gerrard?
Cristiano Ronaldo?

Oh. I guess there are no professionals out there.

Top players who are outstanding in the highest levels of football do it - that's fine, they're heroes. Some fat bloke in a park match on a Sunday morning does it - he looks a right pr@t.

Interesting(?) debate available about at what level a hero becomes a pr@t (I think that'll be starred out if I use the word withut the '@'?). I think I'll leave that to the Bear Pitters (or maybe an eminently avoidable tutorial on young Irish strikers from some Jolly large feller).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So did Duffy, and he’s come good.

It’s like some fans want him to fail, so they can be proved right in not liking him.
Really? Who exactly?

I asked Harry Wilson's tackle the same question but he's sloped off probably because it's easier to do that than admit he's talking sanctimonious crap.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Potter tonight on Connolly “Aaron is a really nice kid, there’s no problem with him at all. He is just sometimes young, wants to play and gets frustrated “

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here