Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man.City vs Man.Utd

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would suggest that anybody who watched it and thought that it was fair tackle including Andy Townsend should hurry to Spec Savers before they close at 4.00pm and while at it visit a shop to buy a copy of the Laws of Football.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I would suggest that anybody who watched it and thought that it was fair tackle including Andy Townsend should hurry to Spec Savers before they close at 4.00pm and while at it visit a shop to buy a copy of the Laws of Football.

A foul, a foul worthy of a freekick and a warning, a foul worth a yellow card, a foul worthy of a red card. If you think a fair tackle or a red card are the only options you need to read the laws of the game.

inland seagull

Aug 7, 2010
Northampton
I have wondered about the commitment of some of the City overseas signings when the going gets tough! If you are a red then it was a definite sending off, crap decision if you are a City fan. As a neutral the ref has spoiled the contest and Wayne Rooney gets more nauseous the older he gets

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I can't believe some I you are saying it shouldn't have been a red card. A two footed airborne challenge is a straight red ALL DAY LONG regardless of the outcome! Horrendous tackle, correct decision.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011

You seem to know them so how about quoting the relevant passage for us?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
peter reid comments - "The letter of the law states you cannot go in 2 footed" Then says the ref shouls have shown some coomon sense and given a booking at most. ????

EErrrr Peter - The ref applied the laws of the game to the situatuion and sent him off.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A foul, a foul worthy of a freekick and a warning, a foul worth a yellow card, a foul worthy of a red card. If you think a fair tackle or a red card are the only options you need to read the laws of the game.

What are you talking about the "tackle" was completed before Nani even got there and as the panel said Nani wasnt going to go through with his challenge so KompanyY set himself up for the red card with a reckless challenge they he didnt need to commit.

Two footed challenge, and if that were legal - everyone could be going in studs-up in desperate full-body comittments and winning the ball every time. It would also encourage players to ALWAYS go down writing in 'agony' to try and get the refs sympathy.

Because the United player didn't go down, suddenly it's an unfair decision by the ref?
I think it's some of you lot getting fooled by the 'shot' players' acting - the ref made a good and correct decision, and even refrained from sending off another defender for the penalty.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
All over as a contest which is a shame for us neutrals, I reckon the only pride that City can salvage now is to go defensive and try not to let Utd score 6.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You seem to know them so how about quoting the relevant passage for us?

Without seeing it, going by comments on here I would assume this would be the relevant passage:

serious foul play.png
(click to enlarge)

D

Deleted member 18477

Let's have 6 then utd! Haha!

Hate both Manchester teams but it's enjoyable watching them embarrass each other!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I thought that the word "intent" had something to do with the rules? The ball was won fairly and no contact was made between the tacklers! Wasn't even a 50/50 ball No studs raised dangerously either! Not even a foul IMHO and the ref wasn't giving it until Rooney threw his toys out of the pram?

Inconsistency among refs is ruining the game that we all love!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
34 Lindegaard
03 Evra
04 Jones
05 Ferdinand
12 Smalling
11 Giggs
16 Carrick
17 Nani
25 Valencia
10 Rooney
19 Welbeck

I am trying to compare the United system with Albion if we had a full team out. United are playing so attacking that they are still having trouble when City run at them in possession. I still think we need a hard running midfielder like Rooney rather than a target man. Ashley Barnes is embarrassing in comparison. But he does not get paid as much.

Easy to say we have a good tackler like Kompany.

United do not seem to have an obvious holding midfielder. This is going to cost them a goal.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here