Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst road rage incident.

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
On way back up the A23 after the Wednesday game, had two neanderthal Owls fans giving me grief from their car, flashing lights behind me etc and pulling alongside me. As tempted as I would have been many years ago to react I simply waited until I was about to exit onto the slip road and, just as it was last minute for me and too late for them to turn off, reminded them of the score with my three fingers on one hand and clenched fist aside it. Just enough time left to witness their angry caveman like reactions from the confines of their Peugout (sp) as I carried on the slip road and they disappeared from sight. Yep, I know, I'm well'ard me.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I get my worst road rage on the slip road up to falmer, people going up the left hand lane turning right, it's always the same dickheads in a BMW or an Audi or fu*king students.

What makes it worse is when they start blaming you for cutting them up on the roundabout, I did enjoy telling that car load of students to fu*k off !!

Do you get as cheesed off when the park and ride buses do that? Some chap wouldnt let the bus in, and what's more got out up the Falmer Road to remonstrate with bus driver. When he was confronted by about 10 of us about to get out of the bus to discuss the matter, he soon got back in his car!

Bottom line is, the park and ride buses are saving one hell of a lot of car journeys to Falmer, anfd therefore should be treated as priority vehicles at the Falmer roundabout, and allowed to go up the left hand lane!

Car drivers I agree with you on!

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I dont care how many chocolate bars you can eat, anyway diregard the lose weight and get fit parts , just get a life !

Not really fella, If people are too lazy to park 1 bay further away, I will yell abuse, especially as its harder to get my boy out of his seat in smaller bays, so maybe I was harsh, but it bloody annoys me that people are scared to park in a disabled bay, but don't care about a parent bay, they're there for a reason!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It didn't improve my opinion of bikers, I must admit.

Most people who ride motorbikes also have car licences - the crap riders are also probably crap drivers.

In my experience many of the tossers who ride too fast, weave in and out and cause us to have a bad name have a limited shelf life before they wrap themselves around a tree or whatever.

Anyway apologies about your incident, however please remember car drivers don't usually end up dead or seriously injured from bikers being rubbish road users......

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Most people who ride motorbikes also have car licences - the crap riders are also probably crap drivers.

In my experience many of the tossers who ride too fast, weave in and out and cause us to have a bad name have a limited shelf life before they wrap themselves around a tree or whatever.

Anyway apologies about your incident, however please remember car drivers don't usually end up dead or seriously injured from bikers being rubbish road users......

Don't disagree with any of that, it does however sometimes seem that a disproportionately high % of bikers are speed merchants who as you say weave in and out, taking risks constantly, compared to car users. And that's logical, as I think it takes balls to ride a bike, wouldn't catch me on one etc.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think after 3 marathons, and the fact I can bench 130kg and I'm 23, that I don't need to get fit....they on the other hand....did :thumbsup:
It is annoying seeing people nick parent bays, certainly. But as [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] alludes, the fact that you decided to abuse a fat woman in front of her family like this to the point of making her break down in tears makes you a right f***ing sad act, IMO.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Bottom of bear road and lewes road junction lights are green for me turning left on to Lewes road - cyclist jumps the red lights i nearly hit him but break and swerve to avoid killing him - said cylclist calls me a cvnt. I said to him you wouldnt be so f***ing hard with a car up ur arse. Mrs in car tell me to calm down etc. On reflection i should of run him over it might have improved the gene pool.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

Not necessarily! In my experience of friends/colleagues, many bikers only use them for fun and become Barry Sheen wannabees, but for the rest of the week are sensible car drivers.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You have obviously forgotten the first rule of the Highway Code-motorcyclists do own the road and can do no wrong (even, as many do most of the time, when speeding well over the limit). You are merely borrowing the road until they want to scream through you!

(Awaits WQW's response with "baited" breath)!

I have no problem with you being on the road smoky, just remember your place, in the slow lane.

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
No good offering to sort it out with a game of rounders!

And if the other nut case has a knife, or she's see on cctv or by a rozzer or is being filmed on a cam phone?

She'll be in court/hospital/grave rather than still in her car, annoyed but safe

That actually made me L O L but don't tell Bozza

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I have no problem with you being on the road smoky, just remember your place, in the slow lane.

Was driving along a busy A20 near Lewisham this morning. Biker coming other way pulled a 200 m wheelie (single lane and past a primary school at drop off time). Just checking that wasnt you Valentino?

Come to think of it, young enough to be your son!

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
It is annoying seeing people nick parent bays, certainly. But as [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] alludes, the fact that you decided to abuse a fat woman in front of her family like this to the point of making her break down in tears makes you a right f***ing sad act, IMO.

Actually, here is how the convo went

Me: FFS mate, you just took the last parent spot, nice 1

Dad: not my problem mate, go park over there

Me: we'll I wouldn't have to if you and your family wernt so flipping lazy

Mum: you calling us fat?

Me: no, lazy, there are perfectly good spots over there for you to park, you don't have kids. I do.

Mum: well you go and park over there you rude tosser

Me: we'll I'm going to have to now arnt I? Maybe if you guys parked further away, you wouldn't be so fat?

Dad went to say something and I drove.l off

I wasn't actually that bad, but they wernt saints either

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So which was it? That conversation or the one where the fat woman ends up in tears? Make your mind up.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I had a bad day last week and some enormous bird tried to squeeze out of the passenger door in a 4x4 in the supermarket car park smashing into the drivers door of my car. All I did was look at her and she went off on one saying, "it's not my fault, they don't give you enough room in these bays"
It ended 2 minutes later with me making reference to her dietary habits. These things can escalate.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Bottom of bear road and lewes road junction lights are green for me turning left on to Lewes road - cyclist jumps the red lights i nearly hit him but break and swerve to avoid killing him - said cylclist calls me a cvnt. I said to him you wouldnt be so f***ing hard with a car up ur arse. Mrs in car tell me to calm down etc. On reflection i should of run him over it might have improved the gene pool.

see this is whats so mental about the vogue gyratory business. its alright cycling from town to lewes road but no fucker ever in the history of brighton has ever cycled up bear road.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I had a bad day last week and some enormous bird tried to squeeze out of the passenger door in a 4x4 in the supermarket car park smashing into the drivers door of my car. All I did was look at her and she went off on one saying, "it's not my fault, they don't give you enough room in these bays"
It ended 2 minutes later with me making reference to her dietary habits. These things can escalate.

they just get abusive, and i personally resort to poking fun at their weight....cant help it

Nov 27, 2009
In the 90s during A23 works, I slowed into the filter lane narrowing into one lane to stop cars pushing in. This white van hooted and then flashed lights before just ramming my car over and over again! Scary!

Well do gooders who do that should avoid doing that.
I've often wondered why they don't just mind their own business

Nov 27, 2009
To be fair US i read this thread and my first thought was 'where did this Mrs come from?'

I'm not a troll (i don't even know what it really means aside fforom being a negative conotation) and I'm certainly not a massive user of the forum. However I am familiar, through your numerous posts, of the relationship difficulties that you have experienced in recent times. To suddenly have a 'Mrs', which is a term normally used after one has been with somebody for some lengthy period of time, surprised me.

I'm not criticising you for using the term, but neither am i surprised that it has been jumped upon in the way that it has. You did open yourself up to it.

As well as being a forum police officer, and an obvious nob, do you also talk really loudly in public places to make sure everyone can hear you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here