Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst road rage incident.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My favourite reaction is to hold the horn on until i find the situation funny. Sometimes it's 2 seconds, sometimes over a minute but always makes me laugh about it in the end and baffles them. Try it next time you get cut up, but be careful if it's someone bigger than you.

Haha brilliant. Might have to try that one.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Haha brilliant. Might have to try that one.

If anyone bibs me, regardless of blame, I always bib back (if they're within eyeshot, I'll waggle my tongue at them too) If they bib back AGAIN, I then bib back the "duh, duh, duh, duh duh, duh duh duh duh duh BRIGH-TON" tune. If you hear anyone do this on the roads around Sussex, it'll almost certainly be me. Do say hi.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Had a bizarre one about a year back.

Driving through Rustington a biker cut me up coming onto a roundabout. I know you should give way to the right but I was at the roundabout before him and already going across it when he decided to join the roundabout and cut in front of me. Then something bizarre happened. HE gave ME the finger. Really bizarre, as at this point the only person who should be annoyed is me, but for some reason he felt the need to give me the finger.

I grumbled to myself about it for a few seconds but decided to leave it there. About 15 seconds later he was sitting in the right lane at a T junction, with me set to go left. As I drew level with him, I decided just to give him a little beep just to show my displeasure about what had happened. I then saw in my rear view as I went off that he changed to the left lane to follow me, cutting someone else up in the process. He then drove up my LEFT hand side, down a tight residential road right alongside a pavement full of people. I saw in my wing mirror people having to jump out of his way, very dangerous.

He got in front of me and slowed right down to about 10mph, weaving left and right, with a queue of traffic forming behind me. He kept aggressively pointing to the left, suggesting obviously that we park up to settle our differences. Needless to say I declined his invitation, as despite being many years my senior he looked like he'd probably kick the shit out of me.

Strange one though, couldn't work out quite why he got so angry when he was comfortably in the wrong.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Really? What counts as offensive then - should I remove my son's cricket bat from the boot? Though I'm sure I could do more damage with a bottle of wine tbh

What I've been told... I'm sure it'd be a lot harder to prove you're going to brain someone with it if there's evidence you're just off for a quick ball game?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I am quite calm when in the car and usually don't react to shit driving incidents BUT everytime I use a pedestrian crossing and cyclists weave their way through people crossing on the green man I go mental.

If I clock them about to do it I usually just stop and get in their way and give them a Paddington hard stare. That sorts the men from the boys I can tell you.

Cut up a car and apologised for my driving. Next set of lights a rather small but attractive girl got out and I wound down the window to give a smile and say sorry. She then proceeded to cry, scream and kick the shit out of my van. Cracked the windscreen, smashed off the wing mirror and put about 5 dents in the side..lunatic!!!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not my worst case, but I was driving into asda the other day with my 1 year old, the car in front took the last parent spot, I couldn't see a child in the back, anyway, when the family of the fattest people I had seen for a long time waddled out, I flipped

I got so angry I started being extremely fattist, telling them that's why they're fat, if they parked further away they would loose some weight , and said they're all a waste of oxygen.....made the fat mum cry! Didn't care. I hate it when people without kids park in the parent bay

I would never, ever park in a disabled bay, but parents with children bays? I'm in 'em like shot!

Stainsey

Mar 25, 2009
One of my worst experiences and pretty worrying at the time, was back in 2001. We had just beaten Cardiff at Withdean 1 nil, thanks to Zamora, and I was heading back to Staines on my own on the M25 in darkness as it was February. At the time I had mini Albion scarf in my back window, and I was now on the M25 between the Leatherhead and Guildford junctions, when I noticed a car that had seemed to want to overtake me, was now level with me. Glancing over I saw what can only be described as a couple of neanderthals, with the one in the passenger seat winding his window down and giving me various hand signals. A couple of times the driver started to swerve into me, thankfully not carrying it out. I slowed down, only for them to, and then they pulled in behind me. Next I knew they were now level with me and the passenger emptied a liquid (what I dont know) out of a plastic bag into my front and side windows. The only way I got away was at the last minute taking a very late turn onto the A3 whilst they continued on the M25. No idea who they were, but as Cardiff had a very poor reputation in those days, I sort of guessed that it was 'supporters' of Cardiff who had not taken kindly to being beaten. Not a pleasant experience at all.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Not my worst case, but I was driving into asda the other day with my 1 year old, the car in front took the last parent spot, I couldn't see a child in the back, anyway, when the family of the fattest people I had seen for a long time waddled out, I flipped

I got so angry I started being extremely fattist, telling them that's why they're fat, if they parked further away they would loose some weight , and said they're all a waste of oxygen.....made the fat mum cry! Didn't care. I hate it when people without kids park in the parent bay
YOU need to get fit/lose weight/geta life if you find a walk from the far end of a supermarket car park with kids an effort !!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

To be fair to the Go-lightly Family, they probably needed the extra space, at the side of the car, to be able to open the doors far enough to get out.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
The Trolls have done a job on me again. LOL. Well done. A good day for you.

To be fair US i read this thread and my first thought was 'where did this Mrs come from?'

I'm not a troll (i don't even know what it really means aside fforom being a negative conotation) and I'm certainly not a massive user of the forum. However I am familiar, through your numerous posts, of the relationship difficulties that you have experienced in recent times. To suddenly have a 'Mrs', which is a term normally used after one has been with somebody for some lengthy period of time, surprised me.

I'm not criticising you for using the term, but neither am i surprised that it has been jumped upon in the way that it has. You did open yourself up to it.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Had a bizarre one about a year back.

Driving through Rustington a biker cut me up coming onto a roundabout. I know you should give way to the right but I was at the roundabout before him and already going across it when he decided to join the roundabout and cut in front of me. Then something bizarre happened. HE gave ME the finger. Really bizarre, as at this point the only person who should be annoyed is me, but for some reason he felt the need to give me the finger.

I grumbled to myself about it for a few seconds but decided to leave it there. About 15 seconds later he was sitting in the right lane at a T junction, with me set to go left. As I drew level with him, I decided just to give him a little beep just to show my displeasure about what had happened. I then saw in my rear view as I went off that he changed to the left lane to follow me, cutting someone else up in the process. He then drove up my LEFT hand side, down a tight residential road right alongside a pavement full of people. I saw in my wing mirror people having to jump out of his way, very dangerous.

He got in front of me and slowed right down to about 10mph, weaving left and right, with a queue of traffic forming behind me. He kept aggressively pointing to the left, suggesting obviously that we park up to settle our differences. Needless to say I declined his invitation, as despite being many years my senior he looked like he'd probably kick the shit out of me.

Strange one though, couldn't work out quite why he got so angry when he was comfortably in the wrong.

You have obviously forgotten the first rule of the Highway Code-motorcyclists do own the road and can do no wrong (even, as many do most of the time, when speeding well over the limit). You are merely borrowing the road until they want to scream through you!

(Awaits WQW's response with "baited" breath)!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You have obviously forgotten the first rule of the Highway Code-motorcyclists do own the road and can do no wrong (even, as many do most of the time, when speeding well over the limit). You are merely borrowing the road until they want to scream through you!

(Awaits WQW's response with "baited" breath)!

It didn't improve my opinion of bikers, I must admit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here