Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst road rage incident.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
We've got a VW Bora & a Suzuki Swift. Drive the Bora & I'm left well alone. Drive the little Swift & suddenly I'm no better on the road than a Scummer at a Pompey convention. How dare I use the fast lane when I'm in this miniature motor. Even with traffic in front & at 70+ mph I still get people riding my bumper & flashing lights. Makes my blood boil!! Perhaps it time to fit the old girl with a V6 engine

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Easy, the fact he now has a Mrs which may be the predominant reason for the thread

Good call mate in a sort of condascending, unnecessary and spiteful sort of way but true to form I guess. If it gives you pleasure carry on my friend.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
On the motorway: a car wanted to pull out of the slow lane but I in the middle lane had nowhere to go. Thought nothing of it.

Before you know it, the car has overtaken me and is braking and accelerating in front of me, braking and accelerating, before the driver pulls out a huge kitchen knife and waves it behind him through the rear window.

Mental. Well, it was near Leeds.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
i dont tend to get road rage, but had quite an amusing incident some 15 years ago.
i was working for Hoover at the time, and had a call to fix someones washing machine with instructions to phone ahead on a mobile number for access.
i duly phoned, and while making my way down old shoreham road, a car shot out of a side street and cut me up. i sounded my horn...and drew the predictable middle finger response.
he turned left....i turned left. he turned right...i followed.

to cut a long story short, after about 5 minutes of following him he stopped in preston park avenue. so did i.
he saw me get out, walked towards me and asked me why i was following him. i replied that i was going into this house to do a job.

embarrassed 30 seconds passed til he realised i was the engineer that phoned him....'i was only rushing so i didnt miss you, fancy a cup of tea?'

Brilliant!!

Similarly, when I was younger, much younger, one evening I pulled out in front of someone who eventually started flashing their lights at me. In my ridiculous teenaged-macho-head this was an utter affront, so gesticulated appropriately. Until I got to a petrol station and realised I'd forgotten to put my headlights on, and said driver was only trying to do me a favour.

I still cringe at the memory.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
About 6 or 7 years ago I got rammed from behind 4 times by an Irish lorry doing 70mph and was eventually bumped off the road onto the hard shoulder - M6 just north of Birmingham. Anyone tells you that all lorries are regulated is talking absolute tosh

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Easy, the fact he now has a Mrs which may be the predominant reason for the thread
Yes, I thought there was an anomaly in that thread, said " Mrs. " seems to have been parachuted in, in the same way that new Eastenders characters are. Indeed she has skipped Dalliance, Love Interest,Girlfriend and even Bird and gone to that status at breakneck speed.
Beware though, what goes up must come down, I foresee another binfest of pity and self loathing within the month.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes, I thought there was an anomaly in that thread, said " Mrs. " seems to have been parachuted in, in the same way that new Eastenders characters are. Indeed she has skipped Dalliance, Love Interest,Girlfriend and even Bird and gone to that status at breakneck speed.
Beware though, what goes up must come down, I foresee another binfest of pity and self loathing within the month.

f*** me. An innocent thread and all this f***ing shit. What a couple of absolutely unpleasant characters. Is this really necessary, is it really ? Hey PM me and I can tell you about me and you can judge me then. Until then f*** off.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
f*** me. An innocent thread and all this f***ing shit. What a couple of absolutely unpleasant characters. Is this really necessary, is it really ? Hey PM me and I can tell you about me and you can judge me then. Until then f*** off.

This is why we like you US

D

Deleted member 18477

I shout 'you f***ing twat get a car' out of the window at cyclists when they're making me late!

Can't help it.. Road rage!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is why we like you US

You are the biggest hypocrit and coward of them all. You accuse me of starting binfests but you start them. Are you proud of yourself to be such a complete arse ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

No wonder there are so many road rage incidents with you......... Such anger.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Trolls have done a job on me again. LOL. Well done. A good day for you.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
In the 90s during A23 works, I slowed into the filter lane narrowing into one lane to stop cars pushing in. This white van hooted and then flashed lights before just ramming my car over and over again! Scary!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
i think you could def have a top ten of tossers cars..i bet audi,bmw and merc would all be in there

I really am sad that you feel that way.I have 3 BMW's and a Merc van yet really don't feel that (a) I fit that category or (b) anyone I know who drives any of the brands you mention do so either. IF there are any statistics I would be happy to see them!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:lol: so many to choose from.

1) I pulled out of a road, car was coming along the road in the same direction quickly so I accelerated. Car overtook me, stopped, and reversed into me. Car drove ahead a few hundred yards then pulled over to ;discuss'. I carried on.
2) / 3) Couple of other drivers pulled over to 'discuss' my driving. One they pulled over in front of me, I just reversed to make it clear I didn't feel like talking, the other was more serious and I went a different direction, fast.
4) Someone wanted to use the Bus lane (no, not a Bus) in the rush hour queue for the Chiswick roundabout. I sat in said Bus lane to stop him cutting the queue. He got out and tapped on my window and said in a very strong accent 'do I know you white buy? do I know you white boy' etc. The finer details escape me.

I got a faster car and the problems stopped.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
A triple whammy this morning. Driving the misses to work and pulled out right infront of a car which I did not see. I blame the misses as she was fannying around in her handbag for something and I was distracted, unsure as to whether to go back to the house. Said person glared for half a mile before pulling in at the shops and given me the finger. Fair play, my fault.

5 minutes later on Old Shoreham Road, some complete bellend up my arse beeping and swearing, in a 4 by 4. I was driving at 40 with the traffic and could not proceed further anyway as a truck was blocking part of my lane. WTF ? Pulled in inside lane after 30 seconds and bell end drives past giving me the wanker sign. What an absolute tosser.

Later on pulled out early and slowed some bloke down, giving me some serious abuse.

Incident 2 if the misses was not in the car I would have taken him up on this issue but I find the ladies do not like grown men and road rage so I let it go.

What was your worst incident ? Did you let it go or do a fast and furious with the opponent ? How do you react ?

Have you actually passed a driving test?
With the first incident, did you put you hand out of the window flat handed to apologise? or just carry on without any regards as tot he driver you just pulled out in fornt of?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Have you actually passed a driving test?
With the first incident, did you put you hand out of the window flat handed to apologise? or just carry on without any regards as tot he driver you just pulled out in fornt of?

Yeah not a good day. I was at fault for 2 but did apologise.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I hit someone in the head with an axe after a road rage incident and went to prison for 10 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here