Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your most hated Mispronounced/Misused word?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
My point was that there actually is a product called Duck Tape.

That's not a photoshop or anything like that, it really does exist.

Yeah, I gathered that from your post, but was previously unaware. I think my point basically stands that the generic term is Duct Tape, not many people are talking about the brand when they say "Duck" but I am happy to be proved wrong.

Sep 20, 2005
I have friends with a severely disabled child who love it whenever they are "given a rest bite."

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If you're going to see the band Editors in concert would you say you're "Going to see Editors in concert" or "Going to see the Editors in concert" ?

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Somethink instead of something. Why do people do it? Easily sorts out the wheat from the Sun reader.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
The mass explosion of texting over the last decade hasn't helped either. It's a lazy, quick form of communication... Gone are the days where a kid actuallys writes a letter... I bet half of them would not even know where to write their address.

"I text him". No you bloody didn't, you sent him a text. At the very least "I texted him" would be better (even though text is not a verb).

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
The most overused word, in my opinion, is the word BANTER.

I bloody loathe it!!!! Especially when people use it after being as offensive as they please, and justifying it by going "it's ok mate, it's just banter". Banter (should) imply something comical, largely it doesn't. Only w*****s and chav's use it.

Oh and the word epic. When both are used together, it makes me very angry indeed!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The most overused word, in my opinion, is the word BANTER.

I bloody loathe it!!!! Especially when people use it after being as offensive as they please, and justifying it by going "it's ok mate, it's just banter". Banter (should) imply something comical, largely it doesn't.

Or how about when people create a tedious thread about the average attendances of rival clubs, selectively raking over the few boring stats that supposedly put their own club in a positive light? And then they have the temerity to call it banter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here