Your choice of beer at Falmer

What will you be drinking at Falmer?

• Real ale

Votes: 138 41.8%
  • Lager

Votes: 87 26.4%
  • Cider

Votes: 26 7.9%
  • Some of each (though maybe not in the same glass!)

Votes: 69 20.9%
  • Something else (tea, coffee, water, meths)

Votes: 10 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bollocks is it. The club ASKED me to do it. Mr Hut, if you want to snipe at me, do it in person next time you see me instead of being all smiley and polite :)
Off to the pub!.

Don't look so miserable when in the North and enjoy the beer festival at Shoreham.

Point is trying to get behind what this is all about so perhaps you should have said what the intention was in the first place ???

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
why?

nsc has always been home to the "Harveys is the best beer in the world ever, there is no point even considering drinking anything else" dullards.

I voted real ale because there was no option for 'stouts/dark beers.' I can't stand Harveys myself.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
of course, in Aug through to Oct - magners apple or pear cider with ice would be GREAT!!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
of course, in Aug through to Oct - magners apple or pear cider with ice would be GREAT!!!!

No it wouldn't - mass produced chemical pisswater. Cider in name only.

Stowford Press, as mentioned by others, is a decent enough proper cider, although there are plenty of others to choose from.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
It's interesting the number of people who, while preferring to drink lager (I'm rather partial to a tipple meself), are specifically mentioning that they don't want to see the crap names (Fosters/Carling etc).

Some Bavarian or Czech number, especially on a hot day, would go down just fine.

Agreed. We can all buy a can of crappy Carling for 50p each if bought in a crate, so why anyone would really want to spend £2.50 on a pint of piss in the stadium, when you could buy a pint of something decent for say £3, is anybody's guess.

By all means, stock the shit lager for those of them who want it, but offer the rest of us something decent.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Hows about some of this. Would certainly keep things 'interesting'...

buckfast.jpg

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Of course they could be really clever and have guest beers from wherever the opposition come from....

Plymouth Argyle = Doom Bar :thumbsup:
Southampton = Ringwood's 49er :drink:
Croydon Palarse = Cherry Coke or some similar pikey shite :sick:

It would be wonderfull to have a recreation of the Sussex beer room from hove town halls Sussex beer festival, but I imagine that would not be very econmically viable and many fans would never see the game.

As mentioned a couple of times on here already do what Sussex Cricket Club do and have local beer but also have guest beers from the opositions area. I am sure we have had Lancaster Bomber brought down by the Lancashire CCC sponsers and Victoria Bitter from the Australian CCC sponsers.

I do not know how viable this would be for league one and if any leagues would have better eers than others. Others knowledge of locals beers would be far superior to mine but here is the idea, I am sure people can expand and add to it:

Brentford Fullers
Brighton & Hove Albion Harveys/Dark Star
Bristol Rovers Bath Ales
Carlisle United Theakstons
Charlton Athletic Fullers
Colchester United Farmers
Exeter City Avocet
Gillingham Shephard Neame
Hartlepool United Hartlepool beers
Huddersfield Town Black Sheep
Leeds United Black Sheep
Leyton Orient Fullers
Millwall Fullers
Milton Keynes Dons Fosters
Norwich City Humpty Dumpty
Oldham Athletic Phoenix
Southampton HSB
Southend United Hurricane
Stockport County Mancester Pale Ale18th
Swindon Town Arkells
Tranmere Rovers Dark Matter
Walsall Highgate
Wycombe Wanderers ?
Yeovil TownYeovil ales

Great news if we get this, why noy have an entry fee to cover any loss of beer and fund the setting up and running costs.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
It would be wonderfull to have a recreation of the Sussex beer room from hove town halls Sussex beer festival, but I imagine that would not be very econmically viable and many fans would never see the game.

As mentioned a couple of times on here already do what Sussex Cricket Club do and have local beer but also have guest beers from the opositions area. I am sure we have had Lancaster Bomber brought down by the Lancashire CCC sponsers and Victoria Bitter from the Australian CCC sponsers.

I do not know how viable this would be for league one and if any leagues would have better eers than others. Others knowledge of locals beers would be far superior to mine but here is the idea, I am sure people can expand and add to it:

Brentford Fullers
Brighton & Hove Albion Harveys/Dark Star
Bristol Rovers Bath Ales
Carlisle United Theakstons
Charlton Athletic Fullers
Colchester United Farmers
Exeter City Avocet
Gillingham Shephard Neame
Hartlepool United Hartlepool beers
Huddersfield Town Black Sheep
Leeds United Black Sheep
Leyton Orient Fullers
Millwall Fullers
Milton Keynes Dons Fosters
Norwich City Humpty Dumpty
Oldham Athletic Phoenix
Southampton HSB
Southend United Hurricane
Stockport County Mancester Pale Ale18th
Swindon Town Arkells
Tranmere Rovers Dark Matter
Walsall Highgate
Wycombe Wanderers ?
Yeovil TownYeovil ales

Great news if we get this, why noy have an entry fee to cover any loss of beer and fund the setting up and running costs.

Derby Some horrible marstons shit- should be a Derby brew though
Burton Horrible Marstons shit-Should be Burton bridge
Notts County Magpie-Very nice micro brew

Derby and Burton have gone down the tasteless fake ale road, lets hope Brighton stick to the Microbrewery's if you can call Harvey's a microbrewery

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No it wouldn't - mass produced chemical pisswater. Cider in name only.

Stowford Press, as mentioned by others, is a decent enough proper cider, although there are plenty of others to choose from.

For my birthday I got a selection from The Fowlers Scrumpy Company.
I would tell you what they are like, but we are all to scared to drink them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also it occurred to me, we could have the greatest beer in the world (Timothy Taylor's Landlord) but if the people running the place, can't keep a decent pint, it will all be meaningless, and we might as well have Fosters.

We have got to have Harveys at Falmer.

The brewery is only 3.8 miles* away - you cant get more 'Sussex' or 'local' than that !
The NEAREST brewery to the stadium is the wonderful establishment run by the Reverend Godfrey Broster - Rectory Ales at Streat Hill Farm, on top of the downs, just 2.5 miles north of the stadium.

194.jpg

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Personally I would be pleased with a nice light ale and Guinness extra cold. Ideally the ale would be from our beloved Harveys brewery but I appreciate that price is more likely to determine the brewer of choice rather than its location.

And I don't want any sneering if I ask for a bitter top. SOMETIMES I JUST LIKE A BIT OF LEMON OK?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here