Your choice of beer at Falmer

What will you be drinking at Falmer?

• Real ale

Votes: 138 41.8%
  • Lager

Votes: 87 26.4%
  • Cider

Votes: 26 7.9%
  • Some of each (though maybe not in the same glass!)

Votes: 69 20.9%
  • Something else (tea, coffee, water, meths)

Votes: 10 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Voted for lager (preferably not Stella please) but the above sounds ideal.
Maybe reduce the weak ales and lagers to one each, it'd be wierd without Guinness.

I made those choices to give a broad selection for everyone, perhaps this could be in the main supporters bar with some guest ales/lagers too?

You could reduce the selection for the concourse bars perhaps?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think there should be a variety, perhaps a decent lager in addition to the usual fizz, Staropramen perhaps. Maybe Harveys as the permanent real ale, with a changing guest, could showcase small Sussex breweries.

Agree. Would be good to showcase local beers. And food.

Might be a bit tricky with lagers though. Can't think of any staple Sussex ones, and if you went for the next most local you really wouldn't want to be serving Hurlimanns for risk of sending the punters head-mental. Would be flair if all the lagers were from the Czech republic.

Oh, and Westons Organic Cider please :thumbsup:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Anything JMSC wants to buy me.
I'm not confident!!!!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I rekon we should have at least one super-strength lager on tap as well, just in case people want to go mental. If everyone has few pints of of Super-T the place will be rocking :drink:punk:

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
As far as the real ale is concerned, Sussex brewed is what I have been pushing for, I presume we all agree about that (even those who don't drink it!) The brewer will have their own national brand to push, I am certain of that, and discussions will need to be had.
But it's a great start that the club has committed to selling real ale on all the concourses as well as in the supporters' bar. We'll be the first to do that, I think. And of course it will be done simply on the basis of supply and demand, which means that if we ale drinkers want lots of the stuff on offer, we will have to DRINK lots of it! Now that's a nice little challenge :)

Attila, great news about the supporters bar. Where is it going to be based (underneath the West Stand)? What will be the entry policy (just STH, members)?

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Cider please, but not the gassed up shit you get in most poubs

I admit to enjoying my beer in many pubs but I don't think I should be barred from the Falmer bars.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Attila, great news about the supporters bar. Where is it going to be based (underneath the West Stand)? What will be the entry policy (just STH, members)?

The supporters' bar entry policy will be first come, first served (which in my opinion is the only fair way of doing it) I would envisage more/a greater choice of real ales in that bar, but that will sort itself in time, as I say, everything will be done according to demand. As regards everything else about the supporters' bar I have been asked to keep schtum 'cos the club want to make the official announcement:thumbsup:

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Guinness for me, please; an OJ Orange and Passion fruit for the Missus; and a packet of plain and a packet of salt & vinegar. Ta.

Harvey's Sussex would also slip down a treat.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
The supporters' bar entry policy will be first come, first served (which in my opinion is the only fair way of doing it) I would envisage more/a greater choice of real ales in that bar, but that will sort itself in time, as I say, everything will be done according to demand. As regards everything else about the supporters' bar I have been asked to keep schtum 'cos the club want to make the official announcement:thumbsup:

Sounds great! Hope it's home fans only?!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Piss weak lager for the lagerboys side of the bar, Sussex real ale and lapdancers for the real men.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Not quite sure what the point of this poll is. If you are asking what I would drink then I will be with the masses and say real ale. But surely the bar will have some of each anyway - it would be a very strange bar that had only real ale to serve.

Self evidently there will be all of the beer types mentioned above on sale. The point is to get some kind of idea of the relative demand for each. NSC is as reasonable a cross section of our fanbase as we're going to get. That's the point of the poll. OK :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here