Your choice of beer at Falmer

What will you be drinking at Falmer?

• Real ale

Votes: 138 41.8%
  • Lager

Votes: 87 26.4%
  • Cider

Votes: 26 7.9%
  • Some of each (though maybe not in the same glass!)

Votes: 69 20.9%
  • Something else (tea, coffee, water, meths)

Votes: 10 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Problem with real ale is that if it's not used on match days it won't keep. I would imagine that's why stadia avoid them (even if they wante to sell them). Will the supporters bar be open during the week too?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I can't really see the point of this thread at all. .

Possibly Attilla's way of telling us that the supporters bar is making progress and that they have agreed to stock real ale - but perhaps he isn't meant to be sharing the news so has leaked it through the "legitimate" posting of a poll? Or perhaps not - maybe everyone knows about the supporters bar.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
A decent lager - Peroni would be my personal preference but Kronenbourg would do.

Harveys - not my thing but local and would keep the real-ale fans happy

Guinness

Strongbow

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
'National trends' - as you put it - is misleading because we are specifically talking aobut football fans, or even more speficially - Brighton fans - which don't in any way reflect the national demographic (unless you really believe 51% of football fans are women).

Even then, 11% can still account for up to 2,400 fans at Falmer. Hell of a figure to miss out on if you want to sell beer.

Now if you could give figures for football fans' choice of tipple nationally, we could compare and contrast. However, in the absence of any other figures, I guess we're going to have go along with this (fairly loose) straw poll.

I stand by my previous post - I still don't see what the point of this poll is. All of the drinks types polled for WILL be provided no matter what. And the 'some of each' option largely destroys the ability to draw anything meaningful from responses.

(A cynic could possibly suggest the point of this thread is a 'oooooh I know something that the rest of you do not'. I'm not that cynic though.)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I stand by my previous post - I still don't see what the point of this poll is. All of the drinks types polled for WILL be provided no matter what. And the 'some of each' option largely destroys the ability to draw anything meaningful from responses.

(A cynic could possibly suggest the point of this thread is a 'oooooh I know something that the rest of you do not'. I'm not that cynic though.)

I am a cynic and as usual this is precisely what this is all about "oh I know something you don't" da di da di da.

Been here so many times now it is beyond a joke.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Last post from me today before I go off and drink lots of beer!
The point of this thread is to get as wide a sample as possible from our fanbase on this question.
It's not a question of basing a business plan on it, merely getting some idea of the ratio (most specifically of ale drinkers to lager drinkers, which we need to get as right as we can because ale, unlike lager, doesn't keep) That's why it'd be good to have this at the top so as many people see it as possible. Of course it is only a sample of our fanbase, but unless someone is going to say that NSC is totally unrepresentative of people who come to Albion games, I think it's a good idea. More importantly, the club do.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I am a cynic and as usual this is precisely what this is all about "oh I know something you don't" da di da di da.

Been here so many times now it is beyond a joke.

Bollocks is it. The club ASKED me to do it. Mr Hut, if you want to snipe at me, do it in person next time you see me instead of being all smiley and polite :)
Off to the pub!.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im quite happy for the lager, but please not rubbish. Budvar is a good shout, or a simple Becks. just not carling/fosters/stella.

Wheat beer would be my real preference though. why arent they in the poll?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Can I just say that one of the most wonderful things about watching Sussex at the County Ground is being able to have a pint of Harveys from the Jim Parks Bar.

It just seems utterly correct in a way I cannot explain to be drinking your Counties beer while watching your County play.:thumbsup:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Been away for 5 minutes for a piss. No vote required as this was personal and not club-related. As it seems to be degenerating into the usual fartfest, can I please be updated?

Has someone flounced yet because:

a - someone seems to know more than they do?
b - someone is doing something for the club and the flouncer was not asked to?
c - someone is doing something active for the club and the flouncer feels unconsulted?
d - they are a knob and generally flounce when it comes to pissing contests anyway?
e - the same old people are raising money for REMF and it's a closed shop - or is that another thread?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Been away for 5 minutes for a piss. No vote required as this was personal and not club-related. As it seems to be degenerating into the usual fartfest, can I please be updated?

Has someone flounced yet because:

a - someone seems to know more than they do?
b - someone is doing something for the club and the flouncer was not asked to?
c - someone is doing something active for the club and the flouncer feels unconsulted?
d - they are a knob and generally flounce when it comes to pissing contests anyway?
e - the same old people are raising money for REMF and it's a closed shop - or is that another thread?

I can hear the sound of a hammer striking a nail on it's head.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Bollocks is it. The club ASKED me to do it. Mr Hut, if you want to snipe at me, do it in person next time you see me instead of being all smiley and polite :)
Off to the pub!.

This.

Amazing some of the comments on this thread. Is it the end of the world if the club wants to gauge opinion? Probably not..........

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
not fussed about ale, although harveys is preferred choice. I agree that the lager option should be some Czec type...Budwar. Other than that, please do not serve Kenco dried shit that passes as coffee/tea etc

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Dark Star is too variable for me, and Hophead is lethal. Only their Best is OK.

For me it's Harvey's, Stowford for cider, and Becks for lager.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's interesting the number of people who, while preferring to drink lager (I'm rather partial to a tipple meself), are specifically mentioning that they don't want to see the crap names (Fosters/Carling etc).

Some Bavarian or Czech number, especially on a hot day, would go down just fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here