Your choice of beer at Falmer

What will you be drinking at Falmer?

• Real ale

Votes: 138 41.8%
  • Lager

Votes: 87 26.4%
  • Cider

Votes: 26 7.9%
  • Some of each (though maybe not in the same glass!)

Votes: 69 20.9%
  • Something else (tea, coffee, water, meths)

Votes: 10 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I agree it shouldn't be a real ale festival, but there is no reason why the John Smiths on your list couldn't be taken out and a weak pissy real ale and strong real ale be put in its place.

You are one of the last people on here who I thought would have a fixed stereotype about real ale drinkers!

'sake! I'm fishing...

To be honest though, I really couldn't be drinking real ale at footie. Just doesn't sit right in the stomach for drinking lots and lots of it, eating crap food and then jumping around afterwards. And I really don't like mixing with away fans in a boozer beforehand.

And your farts WILL smell like dead badgers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Stubble today, a weird beard tomorrow. And if you carry on drinking real ale you wont fit in your Diesel jeans.

I have a new fangled technology at home called a shaver, this keeps the stubble as stubble. I go to the gym so the Diesels won't be an issue either!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
'sake! I'm fishing...

To be honest though, I really couldn't be drinking real ale at footie. Just doesn't sit right in the stomach for drinking lots and lots of it, eating crap food and then jumping around afterwards. And I really don't like mixing with away fans in a boozer beforehand.

Yep. Sorry 'bout that. :angel:

'sake! I'm fishing...

Sorry just smoked a spliff, so not concentrating. My farts smell like dead badgers even when I don't drink real ale.

I'm only bothered about the away fans depending on what sort of pub I am in, I think in a supporters club bar they shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a new fangled technology at home called a shaver, this keeps the stubble as stubble. I go to the gym so the Diesels won't be an issue either!

Okay. I'll give you the benefit of doubt. If you promise to stick to this I'll let you into my bar.

Okay. I'll give you the benefit of doubt. If you promise to stick to this I'll let you into my bar.

I'll only come into your bar if you have female Morris Dancing lap-dancers there too.

Deal?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Right, I've got to go now...to drink some lager funnily enough.

But, the fans have spoken and I trust that Atilla will be feeding back ALL the decisions which have been agreed on for Tubthumper's Lager Bar?

Last edited:

Right, I've got to go now...to drink some lager funnily enough.

But, the fans have spoken and I trust that Atilla will be feeding back ALL the decisions which have been agreed on for Tubthumper's Lager Bar?

I'm off to drink some real ale, but may have the odd bottle of Budvar instead.

It's a footie stadium, not a real ale festival.

A weak pissy lager, a strong pissy lager, John Smiths, Guinness and Merrydown on tap.

Job done.

(bottle of coke and a wagon wheel for the kiddies, wine and J2O for the ladies.)

FFS - real ale. Last thing I want to do when watching the Albion is stand next to some bloke in sandals and a jumper knitted out of his pubes and whose farts smell like dead badgers.
Are you the same Ponce Mohammed Buzzer I met in the Bartons Arms the other week, when Attila was in there? The one that CAMRA voted Birmingham Pub of the Year?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's a footie stadium, not a real ale festival.

A weak pissy lager, a strong pissy lager, John Smiths, Guinness and Merrydown on tap.

Job done.

(bottle of coke and a wagon wheel for the kiddies, wine and J2O for the ladies.)

FFS - real ale. Last thing I want to do when watching the Albion is stand next to some bloke in sandals and a jumper knitted out of his pubes and whose farts smell like dead badgers.

You`ll be in the family stand anyway so keep out of drinking threads.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Nah. Main stand when Falmer comes. I really really miss not being able to swear at the Albion.

Funny you should say that actually Buzzer because I got told off for swearing in the family stand at the Saints game last week. I did apologise but it was sooooo hard with a tosser of a ref like we had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here