Your choice of beer at Falmer

What will you be drinking at Falmer?

• Real ale

Votes: 138 41.8%
  • Lager

Votes: 87 26.4%
  • Cider

Votes: 26 7.9%
  • Some of each (though maybe not in the same glass!)

Votes: 69 20.9%
  • Something else (tea, coffee, water, meths)

Votes: 10 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I hope the club are reading this thread very carefully as clearly not everyone wants this Supporters bar that will sell real ale.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We sell a nice cider in my pub called Addlestones which is really popular, although I guess that it should be Merrydown cider (if it still exists).

I hope the club are reading this thread very carefully as clearly not everyone wants this Supporters bar that will sell real ale.
How do you reach that conclusion?

And what conclusion are you reaching? That some people want a Supporters' Bar, but don't want it to sell real ale? Or that some people don't want a Supporters' Bar?

Either way ... so what? The Supporters' Bar has been promised by the Club. It will happen. We'll be given the details soon.

What is certain is that it won't be the only refreshment outlet at Falmer and it won't have a capacity of 22,000. It will be one of many outlets. Even if only a few hundred people use it, it will be a worthwhile facility for those who will appreciate it.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm going to put my tuppence worth in. Yes I want a real ale or two, but this biggish bar in question must be open to the students on site, who have no such thing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am 22 and have spent all my Albion years going to Withdean, and I enjoy a nice ale just as much as the next guy.

But the next guy, generally, can't stand real ale.

Which is why people have to post threads like this to try and pretend that's not the case.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yep! Drinking pissy lager with Lokki7 and Bozza

:thumbsup:

That's absolute bollocks...

...it was impossible for anyone to drink in that pub due to their very bizarre "we won't serve you unless you've been waiting an hour and a half" policy.

But the next guy, generally, can't stand real ale.

Which is why people have to post threads like this to try and pretend that's not the case.

Have you any evidence for this?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I concede I haven't got a keen palette for it, but I'll enjoy a pint of ale from time to time.

But, given the choice, I'd choose a cider. But that would be a well-crafted cider, lovingly brewed with the same care as the ales that delight you so. Hopefully the producers of that cider, like those who provide your ales, will achieve moderate commercial success, but will occupy a space far removed from multi-national conglomerate brewers who have no real interest in anything other than the blandest of fare.

But I don't create polls in a bid to convince the club that they should sell 'my drink' at Falmer. But good luck to you in your quest - I hope you succeed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
(Oh - I didn't create this site, I just inherited some years ago. Like a microbrewed ale, I felt it quirky and niche and deserving of a life, even in this mass-media dominated world.)

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Playing devils advocate here, as I think it's a good idea.
But surely a small part of the fun, of being away from home, is looking forward to the local tipple. (Or Timothy Taylor's Landlord :lol:)

i was thinking more for the home and the away fans but in particular home fans. i just thought it would be a nice talking point amongst fans, you could also have a page in the programe written by the local brewer providing a brief history of their brewery or their connection with the visting team, it would certainly be unique.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I concede I haven't got a keen palette for it, but I'll enjoy a pint of ale from time to time.

But, given the choice, I'd choose a cider. But that would be a well-crafted cider, lovingly brewed with the same care as the ales that delight you so. Hopefully the producers of that cider, like those who provide your ales, will achieve moderate commercial success, but will occupy a space far removed from multi-national conglomerate brewers who have no real interest in anything other than the blandest of fare.

But I don't create polls in a bid to convince the club that they should sell 'my drink' at Falmer. But good luck to you in your quest - I hope you succeed.

The club are already convinced that it is a good idea and are committed to it. As I've already said, I was asked to do this poll as some kind of indication of the personal tastes of this part of our fanbase...pretty logical idea, since NSC is the easiest was to reach considerable numbers of people. No more, no less. Yes, I've been pushing for ages for real ale as part of the catering at Falmer, and for a new space for our supporters' bar in the stadium after the college pulled out and our original bar site was ruled out. Why the hell not? It'll make a lot of people happy and it'll raise loads of money for the club.....

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
The club are already convinced that it is a good idea and are committed to it. As I've already said, I was asked to do this poll as some kind of indication of the personal tastes of this part of our fanbase...pretty logical idea, since NSC is the easiest was to reach considerable numbers of people. No more, no less. Yes, I've been pushing for ages for real ale as part of the catering at Falmer, and for a new space for our supporters' bar in the stadium after the college pulled out and our original bar site was ruled out. Why the hell not? It'll make a lot of people happy and it'll raise loads of money for the club.....

A supporters bar like this one would be fantastic under the vacant East stand, I can almost picture it!

This has to happen.

Attachments

• ShearersLarge.jpg
    ShearersLarge.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 91

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I like how this thread has reduced the respected minds of LB, attila and Bozza to binfesting at a level not seen since religion was banned from NSC.

Top bombing guys :thumbsup:

The answer is of course to sell a bit of everything. That was the answer from the start, in the middle and now at the end it's still the answer. Every pub in the country has discovered this fact, and it will be a fact at the supporters bar, because anything else would be retarded.

I'm off to hartlepool, enjoy the rest of your binfest everyone :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here