Your choice of beer at Falmer

What will you be drinking at Falmer?

• Real ale

Votes: 138 41.8%
  • Lager

Votes: 87 26.4%
  • Cider

Votes: 26 7.9%
  • Some of each (though maybe not in the same glass!)

Votes: 69 20.9%
  • Something else (tea, coffee, water, meths)

Votes: 10 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Having read the whole thread you seem to be one of the few sensible people on it.

You can't sell real ale at a venue where it is only going to be used once a fortnight. Wastage would be huge!

Wait and see then. It will be another thing you've got totally wrong.

Having read the whole thread you seem to be one of the few sensible people on it.

You can't sell real ale at a venue where it is only going to be used once a fortnight. Wastage would be huge!

Unless you sell bright beer.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country

You are, of course, completely wrong! Therefore having read the whole thread you seem to be one of the least sensible people on it!

You CAN sell real ale at a venue used once a fortnight, and here is how;
1) You can order sufficient quantities of cask conditioned real ale so that you have just enough (this is how beer festivals work, and how cafes and sandwich bars order their supplies of perishable food items), or
2) As has been mentioned many times before, you order bright beer.

Anyone who wins the franchise to sell alcohol in the stadium will work out how to do it, however it could take two or three games to get the quantities correct after initially assessing demand.

I am very pleased that the club has given a commitment to having real ale at the stadium insteam of just the normal cooking lager choice at some other grounds.

Last edited:

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
I think it would be a nice touch if a local brewery got on board and brewed a new beer for us.....called 'falmer' ....i would like to drink a pint of that, has a nice ring to the name too.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008

Don't buy too much of it in then. If some ales run out after a while we'll just have to switch to another, shit happens. As Ken says, whoever gets the franchise will work out the amount needed quite quickly.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
whatever is sold... can whoever is in charge ensure there's LOADS of staff serving pre-match and half-time please. and i mean loads. i will happily pour money into the bars if somebody is ready and waiting to serve me.

oh and some decent coffee as well please.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This thread worries me. I have nothing against real ale per se, but it does attract the wrong sort of person. You only have to look at the people in the picture which Lord Bracknell posted to see what I mean.

Why not get some decent continental lagers in (the Germans and the Czechs are good ports of call), a few sofas, some decent music and you'll attract decent, good looking and sophisticated supporters. Otherwise I fear you might scare another generation off going to the football. We've lost one already, lets not loose another.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh, and no opposing supporters please.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
This thread worries me. I have nothing against real ale per se, but it does attract the wrong sort of person. You only have to look at the people in the picture which Lord Bracknell posted to see what I mean.

Why not get some decent continental lagers in (the Germans and the Czechs are good ports of call), a few sofas, some decent music and you'll attract decent, good looking and sophisticated supporters. Otherwise I fear you might scare another generation off going to the football. We've lost one already, lets not loose another.

I take exception!

I am 22 and have spent all my Albion years going to Withdean, and I enjoy a nice ale just as much as the next guy.

Can we not just cater for everyone? 1 real ale, 1 crap lager for the masses, and a cider/guiness for the others.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I take exception!

I am 22 and have spent all my Albion years going to Withdean, and I enjoy a nice ale just as much as the next guy.

Can we not just cater for everyone? 1 real ale, 1 crap lager for the masses, and a cider/guiness for the others.

22 stone?

And why do you assume that the rest of us want either 'crap lager' or cider/Guinness?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think a lot of people on here think that if we give in to the cask ale arguement then it is only a matter of time before we have Morris dancing at half-time.
Then the club shop start doing Albion cardigans. You can see their fears cant you ?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Some smooth flow bitters, John Smiths /Boddingtons / Tetleys / Worthingtons for me please

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
smooth flow = soda stream pond water!

I think the obvious/logical answer is for Dark Star to sponsor the bar, they make everything, very well, and its local. light, pale & dark, fizzy and flat.

job done

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I don't really see why people seem to be so opposed to Ale being sold in the new stadium.

If you don't like it, don't buy it!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I used to drink that shit when I was 17, don't be surprised if your taste changes!

It's a football stadium, not a game of dominoes in the snug. I drink lager, as do thousands of other fans.
Do you know what? I feel in no way superior to people who prefer other drinks. Do you?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
You beat me to it! I'm surprised anywhere still sells the stuff, can't say I've ever seen anyone buy any!

For his sake I hope it does!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here