Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Rage Against the Machine

Votes: 137 85.1%

• Total voters

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
RATM = Epic = Sony BMG Music Entertainment

Who does Cowell work for? Thats right, Sony BMG Music Entertainment. He gets money out of the top two selling singles at the moment, as well as The X Factor Finalists and Alexandra Burke in the charts too

Hmmmm you sure? Thought he'd just signed an exclusivity deal with Sony? Surely it'll be Sony making the cash not Cowell?

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
At least someone else here 'gets it'.

I'm afraid we are talking to the uneducated here, who even lack the capacity to understand any semblance of sense.

No doubt they will stumble along for many years thinking in stupid terms that have been successfully dumbed-down by mass media.

I wonder if one of Simon Cowell's mates manages RATM?

simon cowell is involved with sony, which owns epic, which killing in the name of was released on.

but as usual, you're missing the point.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
#brightonownstwitter #brighton

btw, anyone realise that BOTH acts are part of the same record co? (different labels, mind)..

like trowserman really cares about the 'anti joe' hype. he still gets 20 percent..?

excerpt from-
BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Rock anthem outselling McElderry

is a 10% margin in sales between the two singles after Sunday and Monday.

McElderry's song was only released digitally after his victory in the X Factor final at midnight on Sunday, giving it less time to rack up sales for this week's chart than Rage Against The Machine.

X Factor judge Simon Cowell has criticised the internet campaign, calling it "stupid".

Prior to the final of the ITV talent show, he said: "I think the campaign's aimed directly at me."

The Facebook page includes a link to homeless charity site Shelter, which has raised nearly £30,000 in donations.

Rage Against The Machine, meanwhile, are signed to Epic Records, which is part of Sony BMG, the same label as McElderry.

:eek:

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I have downloaded rage against the machine. Now, some people are over thinking this in my opinion. For me it is not to piss off Cowell or to stop him making more money (which we have established he won't) but it is just to not have an X factor winner for the 5th year in a row.

Bit of harmless fun to stop the monotony of X factor predictability. it is the same reason I want anyone else other than Man utd to win the premier league this season, not cause I love Chelsea or Arsenal but it would be nice to have a change. Innit.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I have downloaded rage against the machine. Now, some people are over thinking this in my opinion. For me it is not to piss off Cowell or to stop him making more money (which we have established he won't) but it is just to not have an X factor winner for the 5th year in a row.

Bit of harmless fun to stop the monotony of X factor predictability. it is the same reason I want anyone else other than Man utd to win the premier league this season, not cause I love Chelsea or Arsenal but it would be nice to have a change. Innit.

Correct :thumbsup:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
i have downloaded rage against the machine. Now, some people are over thinking this in my opinion. For me it is not to piss off cowell or to stop him making more money (which we have established he won't) but it is just to not have an x factor winner for the 5th year in a row.

Bit of harmless fun to stop the monotony of x factor predictability. It is the same reason i want anyone else other than man utd to win the premier league this season, not cause i love chelsea or arsenal but it would be nice to have a change. Innit.

word!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

At last, someone who get's the point, well done. VARIETY. Mr Cowell is brilliant at what he does, I just want a change.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
At last, someone who get's the point, well done. VARIETY. Mr Cowell is brilliant at what he does, I just want a change.

so change is what you'll get in the form of following sheep like some internet campaign to give a 'random' old track a leg up.

I'm sure as you watch the xmas top of the pops you'll feel well good about life

I frankly don't care what's number one but if RATM don't do it after all the sanctamonious rubbish that's been written about this then I may too have a warm inner glow (awaits the posts from people in the new year saying 'I'd have bought it anyway - I like the tune and the lyrics mean so much to me.....')

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here