Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Rage Against the Machine

Votes: 137 85.1%

• Total voters

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The hilarious irony is Cowells comment:

"This is just an attempt to manipulate people and treats them as though they are stupid"

Just pure pure class he is.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
In case anyone had forgotten, 'Killing in the name of' is a bloody good song!!

The whys & therefores of the record label, who makes what are irrelavant here.

Its making a stand against the processed pop stars that get spat out by shows like the X factor every year.

Another thing that this has generated is it has ignited many peoples latent interest in the charts. I for one couldnt tell you who has been number one this year and i dont particularly give a shit as the mindless faceless inane rubbish thats produced has no relevance to me.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In case anyone had forgotten, 'Killing in the name of' is a bloody good song!!

The whys & therefores of the record label, who makes what are irrelavant here.

Its making a stand against the processed pop stars that get spat out by shows like the X factor every year.

Another thing that this has generated is it has ignited many peoples latent interest in the charts. I for one couldnt tell you who has been number one this year and i dont particularly give a shit as the mindless faceless inane rubbish thats produced has no relevance to me.

But don't you see that's all a bit oxymoronic? If you don't give a shit and don't know who has been number 1, why give a shit now? and how do you know they are mindless, faceless inane rubbish?

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
But don't you see that's all a bit oxymoronic? If you don't give a shit and don't know who has been number 1, why give a shit now? and how do you know they are mindless, faceless inane rubbish?

Because it has ignited a latent interest as something decent may actually get to No 1.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Gone past £42k now. Very good work.

If there's a reason for people not to be annoyed about this project, it's that.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Gone past £42k now. Very good work.

If there's a reason for people not to be annoyed about this project, it's that.

If there's a reason for people to get 100% behind this project it's that.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
According to the BBC website, Ladbokes have now closed their book on RATM!

Don't get complacent everyone, keep downloading!

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
No one seems to have pointed out that RATM are one of the best live bands to of ever walked the planet. I saw them at the Reading Festival in the 90's and its the best performance I've EVER seen.

If this campaign sticks it to the bland, corporate shit we all have to put up with every day then buy it.

According to the BBC website, Ladbokes have now closed their book on RATM!

Don't get complacent everyone, keep downloading!

I think they've closed the book because we're too close to the result; i.e. it'd be much easier to fix now. I don't think it's because they are sure RATM will win; at least that's not the impression I get from the BBC article.

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
Radio article today said that RATM are about 40,000 sales in the lead and together both songs have sold over 480,000 copies. However X factor has caught up due to the CD being released in the shops yesterday. RATM will only sell as a download and x factor will pick up a lot of CD sales this weekend.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I read that a protest protest buy may happen with x factor fans buying the Joes record to stop the rage single being number one. Being so close I imagine a few 1000 purchases could swing it.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
I read that a protest protest buy may happen with x factor fans buying the Joes record to stop the rage single being number one. Being so close I imagine a few 1000 purchases could swing it.

i read that a protest protest protest buy may happen.

Rage Fans buying their single to stop Joes stopping theirs getting to number 1.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Midweek downloads said this

According to midweek charts compiled by the Official Charts Company, ‘Killing In The Name’ had been downloaded 175,163 times, compared to 109,726 times for ‘The Climb’.

However is this the day Rage are demolished by all the mums buying Joes CD in the shops as a stocking filler for teenage kids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here