Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Joe McEldry

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Stacey (OMG) Jones?

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Rage Against the Machine

Votes: 137 85.1%

• Total voters

Who gives a f*** about the charts? Anyone that downloads this tune to keep X Factor off number 1 clearly knows nothing about music and can quite easily be ignored when talking about the subject, and are also part of the exact same machine that lines Simon Cowell's very high pockets. Who is to say this isn't a clever marketing ploy to sell more Rage records seeing as they haven't made a decent tune in YEARS.

Anyway, when was the last time you gave a f*** about the top ten?

EXACTLY.

Riggghhhttt. How do you work that one out?

The last time I cared about it was approximately this time last year. I absolutely detest x factor, and Simon 'twatboy' Cowell, and will do anything within my power to get this celebrity-obsessed shite off my telebox and out of the public conciousness. If there's even a vague hope that contributing my 79p might even slightly piss him off or make people realise what a f***ing waste of time the whole x factor shit is then it's money well spent in my opinion.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Riggghhhttt. How do you work that one out?

The last time I cared about it was approximately this time last year. I absolutely detest x factor, and Simon 'twatboy' Cowell, and will do anything within my power to get this celebrity-obsessed shite off my telebox and out of the public conciousness. If there's even a vague hope that contributing my 79p might even slightly piss him off or make people realise what a f***ing waste of time the whole x factor shit is then it's money well spent in my opinion.

Buying a single to keep another single of the top of the utterly meaningless charts?

Behave.

Buying a single to keep another single of the top of the utterly meaningless charts?

Behave.

As I say, I'll do (practically) anything to make people wake up to what a steaming pile of turd x factor is. It's a forlorn hope, but it's a hope nonetheless.

I've not been interested in the charts since I was about 12, but every christmas I was at least aware of what song was christmas number 1, and that there was a bit of kudos attached to it. That's been completely eroded now because every sodding year it's the ruddy shite x factor single. It just demeans the entire process and is a damning indictment of our tv celebrity obsessed culture. IMO, like.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
As I say, I'll do (practically) anything to make people wake up to what a steaming pile of turd x factor is. It's a forlorn hope, but it's a hope nonetheless.

I've not been interested in the charts since I was about 12, but every christmas I was at least aware of what song was christmas number 1, and that there was a bit of kudos attached to it. That's been completely eroded now because every sodding year it's the ruddy shite x factor single. It just demeans the entire process and is a damning indictment of our tv celebrity obsessed culture. IMO, like.

It's not just X Factor though is it. My f***ing Blobby was number one back in the 90's. If you think having a shit novelty tune at number 1 at crimbo is demeaning the process then you must surely wonder what the point of the process is in the first place.

It's not just X Factor though is it. My f***ing Blobby was number one back in the 90's. If you think having a shit novelty tune at number 1 at crimbo is demeaning the process then you must surely wonder what the point of the process is in the first place.

Christmas singles by their very nature are often novelty. It's not that I have a problem with. It's the precise lack of novelty in hearing some reasonably good singer sing someone elses song at number one just because they've been on the poorest excuse for a tv show I've ever seen.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
who gives a shit. People like X factor nonsense and that is exactly who the charts are aimed at. Let them have their no1. I guarantee you people will buy more of the X factor one that RATM no-matter how hard you try.

Who gives a f*** about the charts? Anyone that downloads this tune to keep X Factor off number 1 clearly knows nothing about music and can quite easily be ignored when talking about the subject, and are also part of the exact same machine that lines Simon Cowell's very high pockets. Who is to say this isn't a clever marketing ploy to sell more Rage records seeing as they haven't made a decent tune in YEARS.

EXACTLY.

At least someone else here 'gets it'.

I'm afraid we are talking to the uneducated here, who even lack the capacity to understand any semblance of sense.

No doubt they will stumble along for many years thinking in stupid terms that have been successfully dumbed-down by mass media.

I wonder if one of Simon Cowell's mates manages RATM?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I sort of liked the idea behind this at first but to be honest I couldn't tell you who the Christmas number one was for any of the last ten years as far as I can remember.

Max mentioning Mr Blobby reminded me of that one getting there and didn't the Teletubbies do it one year? Other than those novelty tunes and the ubiquitous Live Aid track I am totally unaware of the acts/artists contesting top spot at Christmas each year. In fact I don't have a clue about chart rankings as a whole. I think the last time I knew what was at number one it was that Umbrella song by Rhianna and that was only because it managed to stay there for so long it made it into the news as I recall.

The pop charts are full of terrible shite because that's what the popular music radio stations in this country (all owned by the same group of unimaginative money grabbing cronies) force feed everyone.

Most people who genuinely love music and know what they like aren't going into HMV and buying it off the shelves or even downloading it off iTunes. I don't think the vinyl I buy from Rounder Records gets counted for official chart rankings and I don't care.

For this campaign to have worked you'd need to release a track with proceeds going to a charity as a big two fingers up at Simon Cowell and co. instead of promoting an old song from a back catalogue belonging ultimately to Sony Records.

The only way Cowell's X Factor song will be beaten to number one now is if someone like Paul McCartney dies in the next few days and someone quickly capitalises on it a la Elton John with Lady Di.

OR perhaps Jade Goody's family could release a song in tribute to the now deceased famous for nothing attention whore. They could call it Cancer Pig. And I don't need to do any market research to tell you that the same saps buying X Factor records are the people that bought tabloids with Jade photos in.

The only thing these commercial mugs love more than cheesy pop is over-hyped tragedy.

In fact, does anyone have a recording studio? I reckon there's a pretty penny to be made out of exploiting Jade Goody's death this Christmas

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
1980's
1980: There's No-One Quite Like Grandma - St. Winifred's School Choir (Dec 27th) (2)
1981: Don't You Want Me - Human League (Dec 12th) (5) + million seller + USA No1
1982: Save Your Love - Renée and Renato (Dec 18th) (4)
1983: Only You - Flying Pickets (Dec 10th) (5)
1984: Do They Know It's Christmas? - Band Aid (Dec 15th) (5) + million seller + UK entry at No1.
1985: Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin' Stevens (Dec 28th) (2)
1986: Reet Petite - Jackie Wilson (Dec 27th) (4)
1987: Always On My Mind - Pet Shop Boys (Dec 19th) (4)
1988: Mistletoe And Wine - Cliff Richard (Dec 10th) (4)
1989: Do They Know It's Christmas ? - Band Aid II (Dec 23rd) (3) + UK entry at No1

1990's
1990: Saviour's Day - Cliff Richard (Dec 29th) (1)
1991: Bohemian Rhapsody / These Are The Days Of Our Lives - Queen (Dec 21st) (5) + million seller + UK entry at No.1.
1992: I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston (Dec 5th) (10) + million seller + USA No.1.
1993: Mr. Blobby - Mr. Blobby (Dec 25th) (2)
1994: Stay Another Day - East 17 (Dec 10th) (5)
1995: Earth Song - Michael Jackson (Dec 9th) (6) + million seller + UK entry at No.1.
1996: 2 Become 1 - Spice Girls (Dec 28th) (3) + million seller + UK entry at No.1.
1997: Too Much - Spice Girls (Dec 27th) (2) + UK entry at No.1.
1998: Goodbye - Spice Girls (Dec 26th) (2) + UK entry at No.1.
1999: I Have A Dream / Seasons In The Sun - Westlife (Dec 25th) (1) + UK entry at No.1.

2000's
2000: Can We Fix It - Bob The Builder (Dec 22) (3)
2001: Somethin' Stupid - Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman (Dec 23) (3)
2002: Sound Of The Underground - Girls Aloud (Dec 28) (4)
2003: Mad World - Michael Andrews featuring Gary Jules (Dec 27) (3)
2004: Do They Know It's Christmas -Band Aid 20 (Dec 11) (4) (Band Aid 1984, Band Aid 11 1989)
2005: Shayne Ward - That's My Goal (Dec 31) (4) (UK X Factor winner)
2006: Leona Lewis - A Moment Like This (Dec 30) (4) (UK X Factor winner)
2007: Loen Jackson - When You Believe (Dec 29) (3) (UK X Factor winner)
2008: Alexandra Burke - Hallelujah (28 Dec) (3) (UK X Factor winner)

All your Xmas faves amongst that lot! :p:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Do you know think there's irony in complaining about "our tv celebrity obsessed culture" and encouraging people to buy a single to keep an X-factor song off the top of the charts?

If you weren't interested in 'tv celebrity culture' (whatever that means) you could do what lots of people do, and ignore the charts and buy singles and albums because you like them, and not give a f*** who's number one. TOTPs isn't even on anymore, i think most people would struggle to name what the number one single is now

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
For this campaign to have worked you'd need to release a track with proceeds going to a charity as a big two fingers up at Simon Cowell and co. instead of promoting an old song from a back catalogue belonging ultimately to Sony Records.

completely agree, despite the tracking being an absolute tooon. if it were anything else i wouldn't have thought twice.

They could call it Cancer Pig.

utterly hilarious.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

EXACTLY.

Nail on head. And as if starting some ruddy Facebook group about it will f*** all difference.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Simples....Just buy Must be Santa by Bob Dylan,and the album then all proceeds going as follows

all of Bob Dylan’s royalties from sales of Christmas In The Heart will be donated to Feeding America in the United States, Crisis in the United Kingdom, and the World Food Programme in 80 developing nations around the world. Dylan’s initial contributions will provide more than four million meals to more than 1.4 million people in the United States, 15,000 meals to homeless people in the United Kingdom during the eight days of Christmas (December 23 - January 1) and 500,000 meals to school children in the developing world during the holiday season.

Simple, sorted

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
And as if starting some ruddy Facebook group about it will f*** all difference.

what are you on about, it's made all the difference? it'll be fairly interesting to see how far this thing actually goes and to be honest i think there are enough people out there who dislike simon cowell to warrent a number one spot, which is basically what this whole thing comes down to. hate.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
'ooh let's try to annoy Simon Cowell by buying a Rage tune which in turn makes more people buy the X Factor tune and gets him some more money'

Yea, I bet he's REALLY pissed off.

f***ing IDIOTS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here