Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst ever Brighton Signing?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Turienzo with out a doubt, allthough i think Russel bromage deserves a mention in there as well.

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Agree with Maybank and Peake given the amount spent on them (Maybank record signing at the time?) but one that hasn't been mentioned that was poor is Jamie Campbell

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Some of theworst in my time

Mickey Thomas,
Richard Titman
Les Berry
Dale Jasper
Glen Thomas
Mark Farrington
Damien Hilton
Les Briley
Mark Walton
Gary Hobson
Jason Peake
Phil Mchint

Sure theres more if u add loan players

chickrun

Sep 13, 2006
surrey
i like Vulure's list and would add Geoff Horsfield, David Lee , Alan Young and Ashley Neale(perhaps he was a loan). i am sure there are more. Gary Hobson is a bit harsh I feel.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'd go with Mark Farrington. Mick Ferguson is a good call as well....

I think a bit harsh on Teddy Maybank, who scored important hatricks in the promotion run-in, a key goal away to Luton and the Albions first ever Division 1 goal away to Aston Villa. The productivity of the Ward/Mellor partnership had fallen off dramatically when we were promoted.

Tilts was always in a difficult position. The supporters were very anti Barry Lloyd at the time and as Tiltman followed Lloyd from Worthing and replaced Saunders (who was sold for financial reasons) he picked up the brunt of the criticism. He wasn't good enough at that time and probably would have done better if he'd had a season in the reserves first...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Got to be Farrington or Tiltman

Shade for Farrington due to the 100k it cost which is still a reasonable amount now let alone 20 years ago

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here