Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst ever Brighton Signing?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
SERIOUSLY ??
That seems an odd reason to stop going. Would you still have abstained if we'd scraped into the Playoffs ?

Personally I'd have carried on going just for the chance to turn round and laugh in their FACE when Murray stuck one in the net.

Seriously, I seemed to be surrounded at both games by fans who spent the whole game having a go at Murray. I don't make that many games these days but I am astounded at the abuse Murray gets and it's not just from the odd fan here and there either.

Would I have gone if we'd made the playoffs, yeah probably but I did actually quite enjoy the Port Vale and Southend games apart from the shit directed at Murray, unfortunately most of the good football came from the opposition in those games.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Les Berry was EXCELLENT in his first game for us. It was only after that that he went down hill. Rapidly.

I remember - against his old club, Charlton, in a friendly, I thought we'd signed the best full back the world had ever seen. Then the season started and against everybody else he was, well the worst full back the world had ever seen.

Anybody remember him landing a ball on the West Stand roof when trying to cross it from the west side touchline into North Stand penalty area? Or that magnificent bicycle kick drop volley from outside the penalty area he struck past his own 'keeper after he left us and was, thank f***, playing for Maidstone I think?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seriously, I seemed to be surrounded at both games by fans who spent the whole game having a go at Murray. I don't make that many games these days but I am astounded at the abuse Murray gets and it's not just from the odd fan here and there either.

Are you sure you're not wandering into the away end by mistake ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here