Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst ever Brighton Signing?

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol
Frank Stapleton and Russel Osman, two once great players playing into the abyss c.1995. Guessing they were Brady's old pals at the time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I once got hit in the face by a wayward Farringt(d?)on shot when I was a kiddy at the front of North Stand terracing at the 'stone.

So....him for me.

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
not really glen murray is useless...he is yet to understand the offside rule..

it does nark me a little...................no actually it fucks me off a lot when the likes of murray is constantly criticised, the guy was brought in to score goals and so far he has not failed to deliver , so he gets caught offside a bit if he wasn't you would prob be yelling for him to keep up with play, its a bit like saying kuipers is useless as he don't keep clean sheets every game.

:tosser:

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
How can anyone suggest Kazim-Richards or Glen Murray?

Both talented players who became part of the first team and contributed a number of goals.

Look at the likes of Paul Kitson and Turienzo for complete WASTES of money.

Bloody hell, the thunderstorms have gone to my head, that is twice in a day I have agreed with you

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
The name rings a bell, but I can't picture him - is that wrong? He was recent wasn't he?

Signed as a last minute January transfer window left back.

We'd had him on trial the previous summer and quite frankly, it was obvious how shit he was.

How he ended up with a contract at Millwall is beyond me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
it does nark me a little...................no actually it fucks me off a lot when the likes of murray is constantly criticised, the guy was brought in to score goals and so far he has not failed to deliver , so he gets caught offside a bit if he wasn't you would prob be yelling for him to keep up with play, its a bit like saying kuipers is useless as he don't keep clean sheets every game.

:tosser:

After the Port Vale at home and Southend away I stopped going last season, not because we were out of the playoffs but because of the consistent abuse that Murray got through both games. Whoever suggested he will this season's scapegoat if things go wrong is very sadly correct imo.

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
maheta molango:
mainly because of all the hype over him and i only saw him do well in a pre season away to weymouth and a quick goal against the reading scum!

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
not really glen murray is useless...he is yet to understand the offside rule..

I guess you are trying to be 'controversial' (or maybe you really are that stupid, who knows) or fishing for a response, but labelling a player who some say is struggling to feel at home here as the 'worst ever Brighton signing' is neither funny nor clever.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Mickey Thomas. A player that virtually every fan hated when he played against us for Wrexham and Man Utd and yet the management still signed him. He was never accepted and thankfully went on his way before he could corrupt any of our younger players.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
After the Port Vale at home and Southend away I stopped going last season, not because we were out of the playoffs but because of the consistent abuse that Murray got through both games.

SERIOUSLY ??
That seems an odd reason to stop going. Would you still have abstained if we'd scraped into the Playoffs ?

Personally I'd have carried on going just for the chance to turn round and laugh in their FACE when Murray stuck one in the net.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here