Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst ever Brighton Signing?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Seriously, I seemed to be surrounded at both games by fans who spent the whole game having a go at Murray. I don't make that many games these days but I am astounded at the abuse Murray gets and it's not just from the odd fan here and there either.

You will be comforted to know this has not stopped either. On saturday a couple of morons in H block were yelling 'learn the offside rule Murray' when on that particular occasion he was a clear 2 yards onside.

I worry about some of our fanbase who would like nothing more than to see a clear natural talent like Murray be lost and replaced with a 'workhorse' with little or no ability.

Its a shame we can't get behind Murray more as I feel with a bit more appreciation from the stands we will see a lot more from him

I won't hold my breath though........................

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You will be comforted to know this has not stopped either. On saturday a couple of morons in H block were yelling 'learn the offside rule Murray' when on that particular occasion he was a clear 2 yards onside.

I worry about some of our fanbase who would like nothing more than to see a clear natural talent like Murray be lost and replaced with a 'workhorse' with little or no ability.

Its a shame we can't get behind Murray more as I feel with a bit more appreciation from the stands we will see a lot more from him

I completely agree. We have some moronic fans. For the past few seasons we have lacked a natural goalscorer. Players like Revell and Savage (both of whom I liked and am not being critical) ran around a lot but never looked like getting 20 goals. Now we have a natural goalscorer like Murray you would think people would get behind him, but no.

I think if Murray and Forster can stay fit they will be the best strike partnership we have had in a long time (possibly since Small and Byrne as Zamora played on his own most of the time).

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Some of these mentioned should probably fall into "worst ever player" rather than "worst ever signing".

The difference between the two is that most of the players mentioned here were free transfers and not put on much money.

I would go for Jason Peake on the basis that he cost us a shit load of money and was absolute crap for us.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I completely agree. We have some moronic fans. For the past few seasons we have lacked a natural goalscorer. Players like Revell and Savage (both of whom I liked and am not being critical) ran around a lot but never looked like getting 20 goals. Now we have a natural goalscorer like Murray you would think people would get behind him, but no.

I think if Murray and Forster can stay fit they will be the best strike partnership we have had in a long time (possibly since Small and Byrne as Zamora played on his own most of the time).

Can you imagine having a partnership as good as Byrne & Small, we would walk the league!!!!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Mickey Thomas - totally took us for a ride
Dirk Lehmann - I remember thinking that Dirk and Bobby Z could be a dream pairing until I saw him play
Teddy Maybank - the big signing that broke up the Ward/Mellor partnership
Lammie Robertson - Irvine out, toothless donkey in

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
So far only one person has mentioned the very worst player that we ever had. Let me make the second mention of the awful Ashley bloody NealAnd an honourable mention for the hapless Damien Hilton
Oh and Tiltman too

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate

i have to say i dint take to him initially as like u say he isnt a workjorse. but what he is, is talented. he has potential to score 20/30 goals a season. people who dont want him in the team should be reminded of our other options recent years

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It happened a few days ago, Kerry Mayo.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

Completely agree with this.
It wouldn't be a problem if the morons shut up or aimed their abuse at the visitors/ref/lino like other clubs' fans.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
mickey Thomas
The israeli bloke ( not cohen)
Gerry fell

Frank Stapleton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I reckon Murray and Forster will score 30 plus league goals between them this season easily. In fact if someone can find me a bet I'd put money on them bagging 35 plus between them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I was flabbergasted that we got 200k for these two.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
How long was Geoff Pitcher draining our wage budget? Did he ever start a game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here