Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you sign the Leeds Utd petition?

Will you sign the Leeds Utd petition?

• Total voters

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Not a hope in f***ing hell, sorry. If it was a petition for something with a purpose, maybe. A petition to give a corrupt football team back 15 points (that likely won't get them up, anyway, based on current form)... can f*** right off.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
They knew the rules about having a CVA in place. They were VERY lucky to be able to even start this season and had said they'd accepted the punishment.

No, no, no and NO.

United's failure to move forward with a CVA in place began the sequence of events which saw their golden share returned through an "exceptional circumstances" clause within the League's regulations – but at the cost of a 15-point deduction.

I really do think they need reminding of this. The 15-point deduction represents treating Leeds as a special case - it was incredibly lenient. Under the rules, they should have been booted out of the entire league.

Clearly the League's leniency just wasn't lenient enough for that paragon of honesty, probity and justice, Mr Ken Bates.

I have nothing against Leeds. They are just another club I don't support. But I am thoroughly sick of hearing their bleating fans screaming 'it's not fair' despite the League bending over backwards to accommodate them.

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
It's a simple answer, NO NO NO, and the same goes for Luton, kick the shite out the league. 3 times in 8 years i think it is that they've gone into administration.

If these clubs owe the tax man, who gets hit the most, us the taxpayers

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yes.

Yeah right:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
If only Deductions wasn't banned for 10 days...oh the possibilities!

I have a feeling this thread would have been a little more colourful :lolol:

Absolutely not, the club consistently tried to defraud the taxman (that's you and me folks) and screw its creditors all the while still trying to improve their squad with money they didn't have. Just pay the money back that you owe then people may have a bit of sympathy.

They got into this situation purely through their own actions and have no-one to blame but themselves. They should be thankful that they were allowed to play at all this season. Utterly classless club from top to bottom.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Agreed Row Z, if they pay back the creditors who were left out of pocket then they could start asking for the points deduction to be lifted.

FFS the St Johns Ambulance were even stitched up.

That man is not fit to run a bath, let alone be responsible for thousands of peoples hard earned money.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
id rather staple my erect penis to a fence and then have tcp poured into the open wound while a man violates me analy with a 20 inch garden implement thanks

So you're signing then?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No chance

Having said that, if they are 16 points off playoffs at the end of the season then Yes, just for comedy value

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
No way. They ripped the taxpayer off, that's my money they robbed. The next minute they can afford to spend more than other club in the division. Cheating bastards, they can get stuffed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here