Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you sign the Leeds Utd petition?

Will you sign the Leeds Utd petition?

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why feel sorry for the fans ? They've had the benefit and excitement of watching a string of top signings arrive at their club, and they've been to the brink of the Champions League final. It turns out their club couldn't actually afford any of them though, so now this is payback time.

Despite the massive debt, Leeds have STILL carried on signing players the likes of us could never afford, and if they don't go up this season, they're bound to go up next. Why the hell should I feel sorry for their fans ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Easy 10 said:
If the appeal against this points deduction fails (as its clearly spurious), can the Football League then DOUBLE the penalty and deduct another 15 points ?

That would be funny, wouldn't it.

Fantastic idea. I think someone should start a petition...

Fantastic idea. I think someone should start a petition...

I would vote yes to that one! :bounce:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It's the fans who are ultimately punished though and it's them who I feel sorry for. Wouldn't there be a better way of punishing those who took them into administration??

Punished....?????

Do you mean "punished" by the fans being able to see Premiership football played for years, while not paying for it..?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
God no. '20,000 have signed the petition', not even the capacity of the ground thinks they deserve to have it lifted!

WOW, a massive 22,244 have now signed it. Doesn't seem to be getting a lot of support.
:wave:

It's the fans who are ultimately punished though and it's them who I feel sorry for. Wouldn't there be a better way of punishing those who took them into administration??

Sorry but what utter UTTER BOLLOCKS. To give that sodding club and their lying cheating devious little shit box of chairman any points back would be to totally punish all the fans of the clubs who try to stick by the rules and not lie, decieve and cheat their way out of administration.

Stockport were one of two clubs to vote against the 15 point deduction. We voted against because we thought the penalty was too lenient and they should have the golden share withdrawn. And I TOTALLY agree with the stance our chairman took in the vote.

Leeds? f*** EM.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry but what utter UTTER BOLLOCKS. To give that sodding club and their lying cheating devious little shit box of chairman any points back would be to totally punish all the fans of the clubs who try to stick by the rules and not lie, decieve and cheat their way out of administration.

Stockport were one of two clubs to vote against the 15 point deduction. We voted against because we thought the penalty was too lenient and they should have the golden share withdrawn. And I TOTALLY agree with the stance our chairman took in the vote.

Leeds? f*** EM.

What HE said.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Latest from the BBC Website...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/7266563.stm

Leeds United's battle to have their 15-point penalty overturned could rest with an arbitration panel.

bawk bawk mawhinney.

bates will only (unless the deal is done pre) go for this if it's an open arbitration with both the press and public allowed to attend. mawhinney is afraid of this. but is even more afraid of being called up and cross examined in court.

peverse, irrational, political interference. we'll be hearing lots of those words in weeks to come.

high court for me, but that is based on my personal pov rather than best for leeds.

Dandyman

In London village.
bawk bawk mawhinney.

bates will only (unless the deal is done pre) go for this if it's an open arbitration with both the press and public allowed to attend. mawhinney is afraid of this. but is even more afraid of being called up and cross examined in court.

peverse, irrational, political interference. we'll be hearing lots of those words in weeks to come.

high court for me, but that is based on my personal pov rather than best for leeds.

How about the High Court for Bates for fraud, tax evasion and false accounting ?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
There is no way as I said above but just think . . .
Leeds went down last season - not because nobody liked them but because they were rubbish as a result of squandering money that was not theirs for years. They had the 15 points deducted which I think was the worst thing that could have happened as it merely inspired them. All they had to do was to nail something on the wall of the dressing room saying nobody likes us and we've been deducted 15 points because of that and I am sure that Wise did just that. And yes it happened up to a point - unbeaten pretty much till Gus Poyet left and then Wise left and since then they've been shite again. I think a better punishment would have been for them to have had a year where they were ignored - whatever position that they occupied in the league did not count. So, if they had a good season and finished top or a bad season and finished bottom it didn't count - they should have been told that they had a guaranteed two seasons at least in League 1.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
How about the High Court for Bates for fraud, tax evasion and false accounting ?

go for it. if you have the evidence and can prove it, i lost a lot of money last summer and i'd be delighted if you can prove that.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Statto votes yes????

I think they should be given another 15 points deduction-only this one kicks in next season so the scummy cheating bastards are forced to hang around the arse end of football one more season.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
april 14th the arbitration starts.

we have been in contact with a variety of clubs recently (not brighton) who were on every part of the spectrum in terms of we did right/wrong/couldn't care.

but all of them were concerned with the date of this vs end of season. and how much/little time remains.

bates is ready to roll tomorrow, but the fl want weeks to get their argument together and having seen some of their legal stuff they need more thana few weeks but hey ho.

anyway. the arbitration as it stands now is NOT binding and a counter action can be made from either side. so we have arpil 14th - 2/3 day for arguments a week (could be done in a day mind) and we are up to 24th -ish of april for a decision.

we get our 15 points back peachy, the fl (other clubs perhaps) take counter acttion.

we do not get our 15 points back and we take counter action.

complete confusion for everyone, us, maybe you lot and the others in the play offs.

now we might be 15 points outside the play offs by then anyway so it all becomes a moot point. but will be interesting if we are say 3 points outside on april 24th and bump a team out.

not saying anything on the rights or wrongs because we've been there done that and all worn the tshirts - but the timing is interesting. that is all.

mrs starry is steaming. our holiday last july was ruined when i flew home because bates did the admin dance and now we were booked for morocco for easter hols and this has ruined that.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Have to go against the grain and resoundingly support this petition :clap:

Oh, actually, no.......no I don't.

No hope in hell b/c: 1p in pound to St J's Ambulance etc etc and....

I really do think they need reminding of this. The 15-point deduction represents treating Leeds as a special case - it was incredibly lenient. Under the rules, they should have been booted out of the entire league.

Clearly the League's leniency just wasn't lenient enough for that paragon of honesty, probity and justice, Mr Ken Bates.

I have nothing against Leeds. They are just another club I don't support. But I am thoroughly sick of hearing their bleating fans screaming 'it's not fair' despite the League bending over backwards to accommodate them.

:bigwave:

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
No chance:salute:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
mrs starry is steaming. our holiday last july was ruined when i flew home because bates did the admin dance and now we were booked for morocco for easter hols and this has ruined that.

Tough shit. My heart bleeds......... not at all.

Why pray should we care?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here